Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SumaYour feedback matters!
11 Ways To Escape Water Borne Diseases This Monsoon
Water borne diseases are easily contracted during rainy season and tend to spread very fast. They could be parasitic, viral & bacterial and are transmitted through contaminated fresh water, usually. To prevent seasonal diseases viz. malaria, worms, cholera, diarrhea, malaria, dysentery, etc. take the following steps before hand.
1) Avoid Water Stagnation - Make sure that there is no water accumulated anywhere around your home or office. If storing water, change it every day. Very common examples of stored water in India are coolers and water drums. Ensure they are cleaned and the water stored is either used up or changed regularly.
2) Use Clean Water - Always use clean water to cook, to wash hands & vegetables and also to brush your teeth.
3) Wash Your Hands - Always wash your hands well with clean water and soap before eating, cooking or feeding.
4) Avoid Pre-Cut Fruits - Avoid eating pre-cut/peeled fruits and vegetables, especially the ones sold in roadside stalls. Cut or peel them yourself and eat instantly.
5) Use Antiseptic - Put a few drops of antiseptics in the water you take your bath with. This will take care of any skin infections that might be lingering.
6) Boil Drinking Water - Drink only boiled/filtered water.
7) Clean Before Use - Always store water in clean containers. Take special care in ensuring the containers used to store drinking, cooking and bathing water, are clean.
8) No Street Food - Avoid all kinds of street foods. Its the riskiest.
9) Cover Stored Water - Close overhead tanks.
10) Avoid Dampness - For asthmatics, make sure that clothes and carpets are well-aired. There should not be in fungal growth in shoes, furnitures, etc.
11) Don’t Stay Wet - If you are diabetic, make sure your feet don't stay wet. Dry them as soon as possible.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have a scar in my cheek it got 4 stiches now I wanted to remove scar from plastic surgery the scar around 1inches can you tell me how much cost of it.
I am 26 years old, my height 5 ft 5 inch, weight 55 kg. .what should be my proper diet to remain healthy and physically well.
My age is 22 running. Weight is 70 kg. Buty body is not is shape. When someone look at to me they ways tell you r so week. My biceps and triceps is very small. I tried gym. But no satisfied effect. What can I do.
Hello doctor. My question is sex related. Actually I am going to be married by last of this month I am bit worried abt my upcoming life (sexual life. The skin is dark in colour at private areas is it normal? My natural colour body colour is very fair. How can I solve this problem. Within short prd of tym and also is it normal for everyone or any thing to worry? Reply soon plz.
As you are aware, diabetes is an increasingly common problem not only in adults but with children and young people too. Preventing or delaying diabetes is possible with a few lifestyle changes. And for those who have been diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, changes in lifestyle can prove beneficial to keep it under control. This is important and should not be taken lightly as diabetes can lead to other serious health complications. There are few simple things which if done regularly can keep you safe and absolutely fine.
5 ways to combat diabetes.
1) exercise - do minimum 45 to 30 minutes of exercise like brisk walking (for people with heart ailments make sure that you have done stress test/tmt). Keep yourself physically active all the time this will help you in losing weight, controlling blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol. It will also improve insulin sensitivity in your body.
2) high fiber diet - include high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, leafy vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, cinnamon, green tea in your diet. This will improve your blood sugar level and also reduce your risk of developing diabetes and helps you to lose weight. Do not get into fad diets and tv commercials as they are often misleading.
3) reduce stress - tension and worry releases certain chemicals (stress hormones) which can increase your blood sugar level. Try relaxation therapy like meditation, yoga, music and soundful sleep.
4) restrict intake of alcohol - alcohol increases body weight, triglyceride (cholesterol) level and blood pressure. They may make you unaware of symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar which may be dangerous). They are empty calorie with no nutritional value. Permissible limit is 2 drinks (60ml) a day for men and 1 drink (60ml) for women, it is also not advisable to smoke.
5) regular check-ups - make sure that you regularly check your blood sugar levels and modify treatment from your diabetologist doctor (if required.) your body and your friend/ relative / colleague's body are different, so is your need of medicine for diabetes as well. What works best for them may not be right for you. So it is my sincere request is to avoid any self medication as it can be dangerous. Regularly undergo screening for early detection of diabetes complications like eye, nerve, heart, foot, kidney.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
The vaginal or the vulvar area is a well-lubricated area which serves various functions. Vaginal dryness can be not just an embarrassing issue, but an overall health issue. One of the main reasons for decreased sex drive in women is vaginal dryness. Though a woman of any age can have vaginal dryness, it is common for the following groups, menopause, after childbirth, during lactation, and in women on hormone replacement therapy. The hormone levels play a major role in the vaginal dryness, and so these conditions lead to increased dryness. It can also lead to vaginal itching and burning. It may also lead to bleeding in severe cases. There is a host of associated complaints like mood swings, irritability, depression, hot flushes, and reduced libido in these women. Homeopathy offers to help get rid of not just the dryness but these associated symptoms as well.
The most commonly used, three homoeopathic remedies for treating vaginal dryness are Sepia, Lycopodium, Platina, Argentum Nitricum, and Natrum Mur. Each of these should be used based on accompanying symptoms, and self-medication is not advised. The doctor will have a long discussion with you to identify the associated symptoms and then draw up a customised treatment plan. However, the indications for each of the ingredients are listed below. Given the sensitive nature of the topic, it is also advisable to include the partner in these discussions as they can cooperate and help in managing the mood swings and in working out alternatives to the impaired sexual life.
- Sepia: One of the most widely used compound to treat vaginal dryness, it yields great results when it is associated
- Painful sex and bleeding following intercourse
- Associated with menopause and therefore mood swings and hot flushes
- A bearing down sensation where the woman feels the uterus is going to slip down into the vagina
- Genitals are tender to the touch
- These women have an aversion to sex
- Lycopodium: This is another commonly used ingredient, and indicated in women who have vulvar dryness is associated with vaginal burning sensation
- Platina: The vaginal dryness is accompanied by genital hypersensitivity, increased sexual urge, and itching. It is also useful in cases of both dyspareunia and vaginismus (involuntary contractions of the vagina).
- Argentum Nitricum: This is most suitable when there is painful sex followed by bleeding.
- Natrum Mur: This is useful when there is itching and soreness in the vaginal area associated with an acrid discharge.
- Bellis perennis: This is useful when there is a bruised sensation in the vagina, which leads to interruption of intercourse.
As noted above, these are some common ingredients but should not be used without consultation with a doctor. Involving the partner is also useful in getting improved results.
Hi I had my missed periods and it is going to be 2 months I had my last period is Jan 9 and I have irregular periods before and I had take treatment for 6 months and 8th as been regulated and now my periods delayed and some of the test or mild positive and some t Of the test negative and I am feeling the sytoms of na use morning sickness in the first two week and now I am having hard stomach am I pregnant or not pls reply to this question.
What to do if cholesterol level is 192gm/dl and triglyceride level is 380mg/dl? what are the dangers of high triglyceride level? Please help me.
I am a 21 year old male. I have beard only on my chin. There are literally no hairs on my cheeks. I need your advice to grow a beard. Is there any natural treatment like using eucalyptus oil or mixture of cinnamon powder and lemon OR any medical treatments like minoxidil. Please give me a suggestion that will give me hope. I really want to have a beard.
Hi, I am suffering with heavy hair fall. Can you please give me suggetions how to control it? Please advise.
He is suffering from knee pain from last 5 month and takes the medicine's from local medical but they can't relief please suggest me.
I have hepatomegaly with grade-ii fatty changes in my liver. How to cure it. Liver enlarged size 193mm. Please advise.
A widely used surgical procedure, laparoscopy involves the insertion of certain surgical instruments, small tubes and video cameras in your abdomen through small incisions and cuts. This procedure is used to diagnose a number of ailments such as ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and pelvic inflammatory diseases to name a few. Even though laparoscopy is a very popular form of surgery, there are quite a few myths associated with it, which are:
1. Myth: The images taken through a laparoscope are of poor quality
This is not true. In fact, the visuals obtained through a laparoscope are clearer and much more accurate when compared to those obtained via an open surgery. The visuals of a video laparoscopy provide a detailed magnification of even those parts of the area that are inaccessible by the human eye.
2. Myth: If you've undergone multiple abdominal surgeries in the past, you can't opt for a laparoscopy
The truth is that you can go for a laparoscopy even if you've gone through multiple surgeries previously, irrespective of the location or size of the previous incisions. This is done through the use of a special instrument, called a microlaparscope that enables safe entry into the abdomen of the patient.
3. Myth: If you have large fibroids and ovarian cysts, you can't have them removed through a laparoscopy
False. Even though the incisions made by a laparoscopy are really small, they still allow the safe removal of large abdominal structures by the use of certain devices. For example, a cylindrical tool known as morcellator can be inserted through a laparoscopic incision and be used to remove large fibroids and ovarian cysts.
4. Myth: If you're overweight or underweight, you can't undergo a laparoscopy
No matter if you're obese or too thin, you can still undergo a laparoscopy as the tools used for this surgical procedure are available in different lengths and sizes, and can be adjusted as per the body type of the patient before the incision is made. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.