Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sujatha MvrYour feedback matters!
If I have sex with my partner when she having her menstrual cycle, can she be pregnant? And in menstrual cycle is it safe to have sex without using protection? Which is the safe time to have a sex without using protection?
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.
Hi my Age is 23 years. I have skipped my period being 4 (21-12-2015) days and getting vomiting sensation. I have done urine test with pregnancy test kit (concetest plus kit). Got negative. Am I pregnant or not. If so I am not planned for that, what should I do to not get pregnant medically or naturally without any issues. Please suggest me?
I'm 22 and had protected sex with a partner on the 15th of October. We used a separate condom each time he penetrated me. However, between acts we removed the condom (s) and had oral sex. He ejaculated near my collar bone. I was worried about an unwanted pregnancy and hence took an emergency contraceptive 48 hours after the said act. I have irregular periods and my gynaecologist has prescribed Deviry 10 mg 5 days a month (21st day of my cycle to 25th day. First day being first day of period). I took this from 8th of October to 12th (Though, I didn't stick to a fixed time 10 pm one day, 8 pm the other and the like). It's the 21st of October and I still haven't gotten my menses. Is there a chance I could get pregnant? How should I proceed from here on.
Hi! I am 45 years old and diagnosed with early menopause. I have a very healthy life style. I do cardio, toning for 5 days in a week. My day starts with jeera, aijwan water with lemon and honey. After one hour I hv a cup of tea. I eat a small portion of breakfast n go to gym. Mu lunch consists of brown rice, veggies and rasam n curd. Night I eat pulka with veg curry. I am an vegetarian n trying to get rid of abdominal fat and excess weight. Still not losing. Can any one tell me where I am going wrong. My weight is 63 and height is 5 1'(put on 2 kg in recent ankle fracture) back to normal from 2 months. But weight is not coming down. I stopped sweets too.
I am getting menstrual cycle irregular because of something when I eat eggs or chicken what should I do?
Hello. My last LMP was 17/2/15. I have 28 days cycle. I am married on aug 2014. This month my period was 5 weeks late suddenly on sunday morning i noticed pinkish discharge suspected it might be implantation bleeding after sometime it stopped but in late evening normal yet quite heavy bleeding started with heavy backache left side tummy pain and abdominal & pelvic cramps. I am really worried as we are trying to concieve. Please help me out from this.
I had sex with my boyfriend before 2 days. After that I am feeling tired and stomach pain is starting not so severe but there is a pain which is not continuous hate to eat. Is this says am pregnant ?
My girlfriend isn't getting any periods from 2 months now we were having sex before 2 months but before sperm didn't get inside of her and it was unprotected sex but all the pregnancy test was -ve but still she's not getting any period what is happening with her.
Hii doctor, I'm 21 years old. Mera periods 2 month se nahi aaya hai. Mujhe ovary cyst hai, to periods aise 45 to 46 days ki cycle me aate hai. Par is bar 2 months s nahi aaya hai. Usse pehle I had humping with my boyfriend but there was no intercourse he was wearing condom which slip from his penis once. Also I tested with I can pregnancy kit the result was negative. Please help me is there any chance of getting pregnant in this condition?
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
2. Restoring the imbalance in the body. Normalcy can be restored in the case of heart beat, blood pressure, body temperature respiratory rate etc. By applying the acupressure at the appropriate points for a few minutes.
3. Sedation certain points when stimulated produce calming effect on the mind. This is used for treatment of anxiety disorders, insomnia, depression, drug addictions, epilepsy etc.
4. Immunity. When certain homeostatic points are pressed it increases wbc in the blood, thereby increasing the immunity to fight diseases. Preventive health care is assured.
5. Vitality of internal organs. Acupressure when applied regularly improves he vitality. Digestive power increases, blood circulation improves, lung capacity increases and common problems are cured automatically.
6. Side effects. As there is no use of drugs and only energy points on the skin are activated there is no side effect at all.
Acupressure can be learnt by everyone to cure small disorders at home instantly and help people around us without drugs and cost.
Red colour of urine after sex. I did inter course with partner today and after 2-3 hrs of sex my urine colours turns into reddish. Is it a sign of virginity loss or something else .Please respond me as soon as possible.
On 27 august, 2016 we had sexual intercourse from next day till today she has stomach pain. If she walks she gets more pain in the stomach. Why is she getting pain?
I am 26 years 1st time pregnant give me the precautions upto 9 months about food what should I eat and what should not to eat.please advice.
Working out and staying fit might be on your do to list every day. But honestly ask yourself how often do you actually check it off your list. Yes, you want to work out but there are other things which come first meetings, taxes, work, office, family etc. This busy life style really turns your whole system upside down, from sleeping to eating to exercising. But staying super healthy is just as important as your super busy lifestyle. Here are some tips that might benefit you!
Here's how you can remain fit and healthy despite your hectic-rushed-did I mention occupied-tiring routine.
Priorities and commitment:
The most important step is to prioritize and commit. The way you prioritize work and ensure its completion within the time frame you give yourself, the same way you must commit to your work out. If you don't have the time to hit the gym then use pre planned short work outs. Now days so many work out apps are also available. Not to forget the medieval (yet most efficient) means like walking, cycling, skipping etc. It's always better to choose something over nothing! you really don't need one whole hour of a vigorous work out; even half an hour is good enough. Circuit training is another great alternative to work out with a time crunch it raises the heart rate and strengthens the muscles win win situation!
Use various methods to exercise:
Consistency is essential. You can't work out for 2 days and expect to see results on the third day! no matter how busy your day might be, it's essential to exercise for at least half an hour everyday to achieve results. It is scientifically proven that our body takes 21 days to develop a certain habit; so after you push yourself for 3 weeks it will eventually seem normal. Your daily physical activity must be creative. Take the stairs to work or up to your house. Avoid lifts and use the stairs instead. Buy a treadmill or a cycle and keep it in the corner of your office or room to use whenever possible. Go for a walk on the golf course the day the weather is to die for. Use different methods of exercise to ensure that 30 minute daily dose!
Find fitness in every activity:
Prefer stairs in stead of lifts in your office. Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option. Try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
Walk is the best exercise:
Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option! try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
If you do end up missing your workout for whatever reason, then make sure you make up for it sometime during the weekend. Try to work out as much as you can during your breaks, even when you watch tv you could do some exercises during the commercial breaks. It's all about forming that mindset.
Like they say, where there's a will there's a way.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)