Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SujathaYour feedback matters!
How can I avoid my hair fall and for gaining knowledge what I do and by doing what my eye power will increased.
My age is juzz 19. I do not know why but my weight is only 51kgs nd I m tooo thin like a patient, but I m too active in all activities. Please help me to increase my body size and weight. Thank yuh Sir/Madam.
I had smoothened my hair 1.5 years back. After coming to bangalore am loosing my hairs, no volume. Al dead hairs and very thin having splits. Please help.
I am 64 year old. Have arthritis of knees. My left knee is worse than right one. In the morning when I get up and stand it doesn't get straight at once. I have to struggle for some time. This happens after so get up after sitting for long too, like in a movie. How to handle this, pls. Help.
From last three weeks I am not able to sleep properly and I feel pressure on my mind due to this my whole body pains. Suggest me what should I do?
I am a 24 years old, and working in a desk job. From few months I am unable to digest food properly and after every meal, I get hundreds of burp and sometimes vomiting as well. Pls suggest which physician shall I consult and is this any kind of disease?
How to control acne on a oily skin, what all steps are needed to be taken to prevent it from growing?
I am ShIlpa Aggarwal I am from dehradun, my father has a heart problem he got bypass surgery 4years ago, now I want to ask is good supplements good for my father like salmon omega of Amway goods tell me should my father eat daily or not mam/sir.
Hello sir my age is 21 years. And I have a lot of pimples on my face. Due to this pimples there are too much black spots on my face. Which destroyed my look what should I do to overcome this problem. please suggest me.
I have acne problem. I had went to skin Dr. for the treatment. It went n came again .i used home remedies also. There are red spots on my face. Wht"s the solution.
My brother subindu. His hair on frot position hair is continuously decrease. He uses the dove or vatika shampoo but dis not use any conditioner. He take bath two times on a day. Please give me a solution for this issue. Thank you.
Hi doctor I am 17 years old boy my height is 5'6 inches only I want more 4inches in 2-3 months please help me please please plz.
I am 46 years male. I have pain in my teniss elbow since last six months. I got treatment from accupressur (su-jok). Now I feel better but not fit completely. Some swelling existing till date. Minor pain also exist in tenis elbow. What should I do?
Out of many different type of skin infections people suffer from, atopic dermatitis is one that is fairly common. This condition often affects infants and young children, but may also persist into adulthood or affect adults as well. Patients suffering from this disease often see it alternate between flares and periods of remission where it may seem like the condition has cleared up completely. In many cases, children who have experienced a permanent remission from it are left with dry skin that is easily irritated.
The exact cause of this skin condition is not clear, but it is understood to be triggered by a combination of hereditary and environmental factors.
- People with highly sensitive skin have the highest risk of suffering from this condition.
- It has also been associated with a number of other atopic disorders such as asthma and seasonal allergies along with allergies to certain types of food.
Dry skin, redness and excessive itchiness are common symptoms of this condition. Other symptoms vary from person to person and their reaction to the itching. Ideally, you should not scratch your skin, if you suffer from atopic dermatitis. Scratching and rubbing the skin can worsen the condition. In some cases, this can lead to the development of thick, leathery skin while in other cases it could lead to the development of papules or raised bumps on the skin. Further scratching of these papules can make them infected and crusty.
The treatment for this skin condition depends on the patient’s age, overall health and symptoms presented. There are three main goals of treatment for atopic dermatitis; healing the skin, preventing flares and treating symptoms as they appear. Much of caring for the skin involves developing skin-care routines, identifying exacerbating factors, and avoiding circumstances that stimulate the skin's immune system and the itch-scratch cycle.
- Skin care is the first aspect of treating this condition. It is essential to keep the skin clean and follow a simple regimen.
- Avoid using multiple soaps, lotions, fragrances etc and have a lukewarm bath with a mild chlorine solution.
- Moisturize your skin immediately after your bath before drying your skin.
- Pick creams instead of serums and try to pick one that is as free of fragrances and chemicals as much as possible.
- Medication for this condition usually involves corticosteroid creams and ointments.
- Immune moderators may also be prescribed to suppress the immune system and speed up the healing process.
- Antibiotics to treat this condition may also be prescribed in pill or cream form, though the former is often found to be more effective.
- In rare cases, the patient may also need to be hospitalized for a few days. This restricts the patient’s exposure to allergens and irritants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.