Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SugunaYour feedback matters!
My wife's monthly period that is 23, then when I can sex without any protection? And what time to sex no change for conceive occur? Please suggest me properly?
A healthy lifestyle doesn't just mean eating right; it also means eating food prepared using the right cooking oil. Generally, people buy cooking oil that is advertised as healthy or the one which is being bought regularly for years. However, there is much more to choosing a good cooking oil than just that.
Basic things to remember when choosing an oil
1. Fat composition
-there are 3 types of fats: unsaturated fatty acids saturated and trans fats. Unsaturated are the best followed by saturated, worst being the trans fats.
-unsaturated fats are further classified into monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (pufa)
-studies have shown that when used in place of saturated fats, pufa can help to improve cholesterol levels thereby reducing the risk for heart disease.
-as a rule of thumb, you should choose pufa and mufa containing oils like olive, rice bran, mustard and canola oil, over saturated fats, like butter and vanaspati ghee, to minimize your risk for heart disease.
-trans fats are a strict no-no and are best avoided.
2. Minor health components
-apart from the major components, some oils contain certain components which provide various nutritional benefits even in low levels.
-various such components include tocopherols, oryzanol, phytosterols. All these components have been shown to lower cholesterol levels in the body. They thus help in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
3. Smoke point
-smoking point is the tolerance of oil towards heat. When heated beyond a certain temperature, oil undergoes oxidation thereby forming free radicals which are harmful to your health.
-studies suggest that highly oxidized and heated fats may have carcinogenic effects due to toxic byproducts formed due to frying.
-canola oil, mustard oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil are the ones with a high smoke point and can be used for cooking at high temperature.
Which oils to use?
The oil has around 70% mufa and 22% pufa of which 10% is omega 3 fatty acid, and 12% is omega 6 fatty acid. It was once considered unhealthy, but studies prove that it is one of the healthiest cooking oils due to its high mufa and pufa content. It is low in saturated fatty acids and has an almost ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratio of 6: 5 (olive oil has around 20: 1). It is also rich in vitamin e and antioxidants. Another fact that goes in its favour is that it is cold pressed.
Rice bran oil
Rice bran oil has a very high smoke point and has a mild flavour. It is one of the most balanced oils with 47% mufa, 33% pufa, and 20% saturated fats. It also contains vitamin e, oryzanol and phytosterols. The only drawback of this oil is that it has less omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acid levels.
It is one of the most commonly used oils for cooking. It is a rich source of pufa. The unsaturated fatty acids include 10% alphaleinolenic acid, 50% linoleic acid and 23% oleic acid-all of which is good fat. It contains around 14% saturated fat. It has high smoke point and is commonly used in our homes.
It's a native of Canada and is low acidic in nature. It has a high smoke point and over 60% mufa. It has a neutral taste.
Extra virgin olive oil
It's better known for imparting benefits for the heart. It raises the good cholesterol and lowers the bad cholesterol. 75% fats in it are mufa. It has got the fruity aroma. The only limitation of this oil is that it does not have an ideal omega 6: omega 3 ratios (20: 1).
It is basically refined vegetable oil which is made more stable by increasing its shelf life and decreasing its chances to turn rancid. It is not suitable for deep frying due to its low smoke point. It is considered to be the unhealthiest of al oils since it lacks any vitamins, bioactive compounds and is loaded with trans fats. Consuming this oil is directly linked to high cholesterol and risk of heart diseases.
You should make it a habit of using oils like rice brand oil, canola oil, olive oil and mustard oil in rotation to get the maximum health benefits out of these oils. So go ahead and choose these simple tips to choose your cooking oil for a healthier you.
Used to take contraceptive pill for last two years. Recently stopped completely from March 2016. Period is getting delayed like 8-9 days since March 2016. Is it something related to stopping pill?
Dear doctor, my daughter is 19 years old having her period delays 1 week to 10 days. Usg report impression shows" findings seen in both ovaries are probably due to pcod. Thyroid functions are normal. She also has problem of facial hair and hair loss too. Severe abdominal pain during periods. Her present weight is 60kg height 164cm. I seek for your kind advice please.
Hello Doctor, main activa chala rahe the aur achanak se main road pe gir gaye. Aur activa pe jaha mirror laga hota hai wo wala hissa mere brest k neche ki bone pe lag gaya. Jisse waha pe bahut pain rehta hai. So please advise any medicine for this bone pain.
Hi Dr. My wife is in her first trimester. Now she feels vomiting soon after she intakes anything. How to come out from this. Is it advisable to take some medications to stop vomiting. Pls help.
Secondary infertility is a condition characterized by the inability to get pregnant, in spite of a successful pregnancy in the past. Usually, after a conception, a woman feels confident about her second conception as well. However, this might not always be the case. This condition can be very frustrating for couples, and can be traumatic for some.
Mental issues such as anxiety, shame, depression and guilt can affect both the partners for being unable to conceive the second time.
The causes of secondary infertility are:
Certain complications resulting from previous pregnancies.
Problems in production of sperm in men or impaired delivery of the sperm.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or other ovulation disorders in women.
Physical changes in the body owing to age, weight and usage of certain medications.
Procedures to Overcome Secondary Infertility:
In order to overcome secondary infertility, these tips can come in handy:
Consult a fertility specialist: If you have been facing this problem for a while now, consult a reputed fertility specialist. The doctor will be able to guide you through the steps you must take and also diagnose any underlying condition. Once the condition is diagnosed, if any, then he can zero in on a treatment course.
Change your diet: If you have been following a diet that misses out on some important nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin D that is so crucial for easing the process of conception and reproduction, sit up and rectify it. Eat well balanced meals with a healthy mix of nutrients, so that the body is well nourished and the reproductive system functions optimally.
Exercise regularly: With age, physical activity tends to go on a downward spiral, making you prone to weight gain. Obesity can hamper one’s plans of conception; so if the weighing scale is on the heavier side, then take immediate steps to correct it. Simple exercises such as walking or jogging, done regularly, can help keep weight within optimal levels. It will also help reduce stress levels that will ultimately boost the health of hormones related to reproduction.
I am recording my Basal Body Temperature daily Morning as I am trying to conceive. Today is my expected period date. I found yesterday and today my BBT is at highest. 97.8. Last highest recorded temperature was 97.6 during ovulation. I have all signs of getting my periods. Cramps, heaviness in lower tummy. I usually read that temperature drops while approaching expected period if not conceived. But I am having all PMS symptoms. So what could be the reason. Your answer will help me learning my fertility chart better.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
Hi, I just want to know whether fever nuts are good for pcod. And will it get cure for this problem.
I am 23 years old female and I have ovarian cysts due which I am having problem in regular periods cycle and is this reason of not getting pregnant.
It may happen sometimes that you suffer from an undiagnosed medical condition in spite of appearing healthy outwardly. However, your body gives you constant warning signs to indicate that something is wrong with your health. Here are some signs which may be early symptoms of some severe health issues and should not be ignored.
1. Sudden weight loss - If you are not suffering from obesity and you have lost excessive weight in the past 6 months you need to consult your doctor. This sudden drop in weight can be caused by underlying conditions like hyperthyroidism, liver disease, cancer or diabetes, interfering with the way your body absorbs nutrients.
2. Persistent high body temperature - Persistent fever can ring an alarm indicating an underlying cause like UTI or tuberculosis. Lymphomas, which are cancerous, may also be responsible for this persistent fever. If your temperature continues to be 103 F or more or if you continue to have fever for more than 3 days you should consult a doctor immediately.
3. Difficulty in breathing - If your breath is short it can be due to a hidden health problem. Extreme temperatures, obesity, and strenuous exercises are mainly responsible for this shortness of breath. However, if these are not the causes of your breathlessness, you might be suffering from bronchitis, asthma, the blood clot in the lung, pneumonia or any other heart or lung diseases.
4. Bowel incontinence - If you notice unexplained changes in your bladder movement such as blackish stool with blood spots, prolonged constipation and frequent urge to have a bowel movement you should consult your doctor. This sudden change in bowel habits can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection.
5. Personality changes - If you are experiencing deterioration in your thinking skills, have sudden behavior changes and face difficulty in focusing or shifting attention you might be suffering from some severe problem caused by an infection, mental health conditions, poor nutrition, and effect of certain medications.
I am 22 years old girl before one year I sleep with my boyfriend and we had sex. Now my family member finds have done my engagement with somebody else and after one month there is my marriage but I have loose my virginity [broken seal][encounter] so can it be join? One doctor told me to take stitches I am afraid what to do if my husband came to know that I am not virgin. please help me.
I ejaculated inside her. While my wife first day of periods started. She peed after that. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant?
What exercises are safe to do while I’m pregnant?
The benefits of exercising in pregnant women are to make pregnancy comfortable and the labor process lesser. This is because the muscles will be ready for support in time that your baby will come in full-term. If you’ve been exercising daily, you can check with your trainer or physician which ones you can still continue while pregnant.
In the meantime, here are the exercises that are safe to do while you’re pregnant:
It is on the top list for appropriate exercises in pregnant women because it involves breathing and movement of the hands and legs. It is perfect for you because in the water, you will feel lighter and free to move with the baby in your tummy. If you have back pain, swollen ankles, or feel a bit nauseous due to your pregnancy, this exercise will help you relieve these pregnancy-related discomforts.
Yoga is among the most popular exercises for pregnant women because of its relaxing effect. The exercise also needs you to focus and do deep breathing which will be needed when you’ll be in labor. There are special yoga classes for pregnant women that only require poses that are safe and comfortable for your condition.
Although 30-minute walking is already a good exercise, brisk walking is even better especially for pregnant women. The exercise will strengthen the legs and thighs.
The federation of obstetric and gynecological societies in india (fogsi) pointed out the importance of caring for the knees and legs. Among the important exercises pointed are walking, running, skipping, weigh training and proper stair climbing. In stairs climbing, fsogi suggested that it will be helpful to climb 15-20 steps per leg. This will strengthen the thigh muscles helpful in labor and delivery.
Pilates is another exercise for strength and flexibility that will be helpful for delivering a baby. It is safe for pregnant women but must be done in the presence of a professional instructor. This exercise can relieve any back problems and improve your posture.
Indoor cycling is safe for pregnant women because you can do this exercise without pressuring your knee and ankle. It is convenient because it can be done in the comfort of your home or at a gym that will prevent accidents like falling off the bicycle.
If you are pregnant or expecting to be pregnant, you should start exercising now. The exercises mentioned above will be helpful for you to get through 9 months with ease and comfort. There are a lot of benefits of exercising apart from strengthening the muscles, endurance and promoting muscle tone, it also helps you sleep better, prevent excess weight gain and boost your energy level. Constipation, backaches, swelling and bloating can be reduced or relieved through exercising. So, you should start your safe exercise program now.
Disclaimer: exercises should be done according to the professional advice given by your doctor or mid wife. Pregnant women should immediately stop the exercise if feel any discomfort and seek medical advice.