Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srihari ModhgalYour feedback matters!
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
I have a baby of nine months , he is getting his teeth .As a mother what should I do make him feel relaxed. Is any medicine to be given or not?
My son aged 10 years have cough since yesterday. He coughed after 3 minutes one time .I am giving nebulizer treatment with 1.5 ml normal saline and 0.3 ml asthalin respules. Is any other cough syrup required.
My son is 4 year old. He is not at all showing interest towards meal/food. Whatever he eats we have to make him eat forcibly. Consulted paediatrician and showed my concern if this is resultant of any worm, but he did not advise any anti-worm medicine. Now I am little worried about possible reason. Please advise what to do?
My baby is 2 months 4 days old? What should be his feeding schedule? He was born full time with 2.6 kg wt.
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hello my baby is 19 days and he is not breastfeeding properly he gets tired easily and needs to give lactogen powder milk then only he feels satisfied what should I do.
I have a 10 years old boy suspect adhd. He take atomoxetine hydrochloride for 1 month. Any other remedy is available which has no side effects?
I have 8 months male child he suffered from digestive problem if he drink milk vomit just a minute and loose motion. What solution the problem?
My daughter is 2 years 4 months. She sleeps 12.30-1 at night and wakes up at 12.30 next afternoon. Between 8.00-9.00 A.M. I feed her milk and thereafter straight she have her lunch when she wakes up at 12.30. Is the long gap have an adverse effect on her health?
My baby is 3 months my baby is not drinking milk from me for te past 4 days I am giving him formula from birtg.
My baby is 6 month. Is cerelac is good for her. Hav to start cerelac. please suggest which brand or which flavour should introduce first.
My baby is 5 and half months old. She is vomiting continuously. I gave domstal even though she is vomiting continuously. What shall I do please tell me.
My son is not at all eating any thing unless he hungry every alternate day. He is active. He drinks milk early mornings with feeding btl, then afternoons after if he eats, or drinks and sleeps after he eats, then he in the evening before he wakes from sleep and then before he sleeps. I afraid of his eating disorder by which my wife and I have tried a lot of things too. Kindly help us.
My son 8 years old when ever he urinate I observed a little foam is it normal and he very often get sick he is very weak.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.