Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srihari Modhgal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srihari ModhgalYour feedback matters!
Giving a child medication can be a challenging job and one that many parents dread! Wrong dosage can create a havoc and lead to unnecessary complications or the problem not getting treated at all. So make sure you give your child the proper dose.
Here is a small guide that will help you understand more about dosage and administration of medicine for children:
- Dosage: Usually, most pharmaceutical companies print the dosage as per the age or the weight range of the child. This is true mainly for paediatric drugs. Yet, there are other ways of calculating dosage as well. You can divide the age of the child (in months) by 150 and multiply the sum with the average adult dosage to compute the dose that the child should get.
- Frequency: Also, always speak with a paediatrician to find out how often a medicine must be administered. The label will usually have this information, but it is always best to mention the exact symptoms and ask for the frequency.
- Instruments: Child medicine usually comes in liquid form for easy ingestion. You can use a wide mouthed calibrated syringe for administering the medicine, or you could use a spoon, or even the measuring cup that comes with the medicine. The baby's bottle or a dropper can be used for infants as well. Take care to watch for signs of choking and administer the medicine in one dose broken up into smaller doses to avoid the same.
- Storage: Ask your doctor about storing the medicine at room temperature or in the refrigerator as this will affect the efficacy of the medicine.
- Administration: Remember to find out if the medicine is to be administered before or after the child has had a feed or a meal. Then, wash your hands and prepare the child by ensuring that he or she lies still without any squirming. Make the child comfortable about the idea of taking medication and keep the head propped up. Talk to distract the child and if need be, practice sucking it in so that the child avoids choking. You can mask the unpleasant taste of certain medicines by keeping a glass of juice or candy nearby.
- Missed Doses: If your child throws up a dose, or you miss one, do not give a double dose. Instead skip and give it later.
Take due precautions when you are administering, storing and measuring the medicine for your child as this could have an impact on how the child reacts and heals.
My little daughter is only one years old she had a very dry skin. and the skin became uneven and too much dry I use johnsons baby lotion and cream. But nothing change condition. Please suggest me something
I have a daughter of only four months. She is infected with the virus hhv-5. She is normal. Doctor told us that for small baby they can not give any medicine to remove this virus. This human herpes virus have the effect on hearing and brain. How and from where we can provide the treatment for her so that virus effect can be minimized. Please suggest, I shall be grateful.
My son is 6 years old. His height and weight are little less than average. But when he sleeps in the night, his nose is blocked and he gets up couple of times to unblock it. He otherwise doesn't have cold during the day. We want to avoid unnecessary medication. What should we do?
Respected Doctor. my 20 month old daughter is so much weak in body and had less growth. and having less weight of just 7.7 kg. So kindly suggest some medicine and this body weight is how much less? is it serious condition or not? kindly help. Thanking you.
Hello sir or mam mera four months ka baby boy hai use baar baar stomach re releated problem hoti rhti hai kbhi motion ki kbhi gas uska pet tight ho jaata hai jb wo ek hafte ka tha thi bhi use problem thi us time pr use toilet me infection tha uski mummy ko delivery k baad se piles ki problem ho gyi thi babyboy bhi motion thik se nhi krta thodi thodi quantity me motion krta hai 6 se 7 baar uska weight ki growth to thik hai wo maa kya hee milk pee rha hai jb se uski mummy ki piles ki medicine chli hai jbse hee usko stomach ki problem hui hai.
2 years old baby last one he had stomach pain, we consulted Doctor, they tell to take scan, after seen scan report they said "left renal pelvis mildly dilated AP-17 mm. Left renal cortical thickness-13 mm" Impression: 1) LEFT HYDRONEPHROSIS, 2) CYSTITIS, and they said to take cultural test. So please suggest and give what the problem is and which Dr. to consult.
Giving regular food a twist
Mommas dilemma. How to keep the food healthy and interesting for their children. Kids throw a fit when they are served something they dislike.
You could always have an alternative for'unhealthy' food, and create a healthier and nutrition-rich meal.
Try turning the boring roti and sabzi into a vegetable wrap with loads of salad leaves, tomatoes and onions for the crunchiness.
Cheese and butter are a child's weaknesses. So, how do we make it healthy? for children, any dish with a top-up of cheese is too good to resist. But, you could use paneer instead or if they just can't do without it, try the cheese made from cow's milk.
It's all about giving the regular food a twist, making it look interesting and giving your old recipes a new look. Just a few changes here and there, and you have a healthy version of fast food. So gear up all moms create something healthy n interesting.
Moms are the best cooks after all!