Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srihari Modhgal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srihari ModhgalYour feedback matters!
My baby is suffering from Loose motions followed by red spots on her upper body n hands. This is happening every alternate week past 3 months. I have shown her to 5 different pediatric n 1 homeopathy doctor but no use. Her motions are still there and they are sticky / mucous n red spots are reappearing every now n then. What can this be?
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.
Hello. I have given Syrup Duphalac to my 3 years old daughter Zahra for constipation for past 3 days But the stool still seems to be hard and she is having pain it seems and hence has not passed stool for past 3 days. Pls advise.
Hello doctor! Should I give 2almonds daily to my 22months old daughter without soak? And what are the healthy food to boost her mind.
1. How much useful/not useful goat milk (properly sterilised) for infants below 12 months of age? 2. What benefits of it to human life?
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.