Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sridhar VenkateshYour feedback matters!
Am 27 years. One month back I got married. We are planning for baby so please tell me what are the steps we have to take. How to conceive faster. My periods starts every month 2 nd or 3rd. When we have to participate in sex after periods. We don't have any idea.
Hello i got married in 2014 and my age is 24 years having a PCO's problem present i using fertlie tabletts since 2 months after second day of LMP and folmett ablets since two months and my cycle time is 40 days . My ovulation day is 28 th day from LMP ,19th day of after ovulation low bleeding is observed with back pains is this a period or not and i had pregnency test it is negative . Pls suggest what is the right time to get pregnent
I am a epilepsy Patient and gave birth to a handicapped premature child now again having seizures in pregnancy 2nd pregnancy 3 month of pregnancy bleeding and having seizure of epilepsy but Dr. says I'm fine my reports are normal then what's the problem.
Hi, We are newly married and we are not planning for a baby immediately. So we can not really rely on protection i.e. Condom for birth control. So the question is : 1.Can we rely on condom? And is unwanted 72 good if taken once a month after sex? 2. How many times can she take the unwanted 72 pills? 3.any other mode of birth control?
Kegel exercises are quite often recommended for women. However, are women the only ones who can benefit from these? Well, actually not. Even men can benefit from these exercises if they practice it regularly. Keep in mind that these exercises are supposed to improve bladder and bowel functioning and improve sexual functioning. So, why can’t men benefit from these?
BENEFITS OF KEGEL EXERCISES FOR MEN
Men are often concerned about their inability to achieve a strong erection and maintain it for a longer time. Another concern among men is premature ejaculation, that is, ejaculating before you or your partner wants. Both erections and ejaculation can have an impact on yours as well as your partner’s sexual pleasure.
This is why men would try anything to achieve a stronger erection and control their ejaculation. The key to both these issues are stronger and firmer pubococcygenus muscles. These are your pelvic floor muscles and if you have control over these, you will be able to control your erections and ejaculation.
These muscles control the flow of semen and urine and are responsible for the firmness of your erections and the power of your ejaculation. These are the muscles that are targeted by Kegel exercises. Regular practice of these exercises will not only help you control your orgasms and last for longer by delaying your ejaculation, but will also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
IDENTIFYING THE PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES
You are probably wondering where your pelvic floor muscles are located. The easiest way to find these muscles is by stopping the flow of your urine the next time you go to urinate. These are the muscles that you will be squeezing when you stop the flow of urine in the middle.
Another way to identify the muscle is to squeeze the muscles that help prevent you from passing gas. Just stand in front of the mirror and squeeze these muscles. If you are squeezing the right muscles, you will see that the base of your penis moves closer to the abdomen and your testicles will rise along with it.
You could also place a finger inside your anus. When you contract the pelvic floor muscles, the anus will tighten.
Keep in mind that it is very important to identify the right muscles here. These are the only muscles that should be moving while you are doing the Kegel exercises. The muscles in your abdomen, buttocks, and thighs should be relaxed during these exercises.
KEGEL TECHNIQUES FOR MEN
The key to doing Kegel exercises is to contract and release them. How you do it is totally up to you. As a beginner, the easiest position to do this is while lying down. You can contract your muscles for three seconds and then release it for another. Repeat this 10 times and then relax. Do another set of 10 repetitions and then another set. All in all try to do three sets of 10 repetitions.
You could also quickly contract and release the muscles continuously for 10 seconds. Take a 10 second break before attempting another set. Here also do three sets. Or alternatively, contract and release for 5 seconds and then take a 5 second break before attempting another set. In this case, do 10 sets.
Another technique is to contract and hold the muscles for 30 seconds and then release. Take a break of 30 seconds and do three sets.
As you become better at these Kegel exercises, you could also aim at holding the contraction for around 2 minutes and then releasing it. You just need to do one set in this case. Once you get more comfortable, you can do these exercises while sitting, working on your computer, or even while standing.
As it gets easier and easier, you could try and do the contracting and releasing technique for more than 100 times a day. Or you can hold your muscles for around 20 minutes, 3 times a day.
You can then practice this technique during sexual intercourse for delaying ejaculation and helping you last longer. It will not only intensify your orgasm but also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
Keep in mind that you should take it slowly in the beginning. Never overdo the exercise. Do as many sets and as many repetitions as you are comfortable but do not do too much too quickly.
It usually takes around three months to really notice an effect of these exercises on your erections, ejaculation, and orgasms. For some men, this may happen sooner and for others it may take a little while longer. However, one thing is for sure, practicing Kegel exercises will surely bring about an improvement in your sexual pleasure and make you a better lover.
In fact, if you have problems such as premature ejaculation, try these exercises before even consulting a doctor. You may be surprised to see the control that you are able to have on your ejaculation with the help of these techniques.
Hello , she is 21 years old married girl. She has rare desire for sex. How to make her sex life better, she got excited a little only. Her weight is 48 kgs. And height is 5" 7. She have normal indian lifestyle and food also. Can you help in this case.Please tell.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am suffering from Pcos from last 13 years and want to get pregnant. Please advice what should i do?
I have been having sex for a while. penile penetration doesn't make me orgasm. I have to have a clitoral orgasm later . I want to have vaginal orgasm. What should I do?
My period was 5 to 9 I Had Sex On the 19 And Took The postpone 72 Pill 17 hours after what could happen.
Can sperm live on the mouth ? If yes then for how much time? Can sperm live on skin even if there is no semen?
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand: Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues: Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available: Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain: You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance: You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor: Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body.
As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region. It is also associated with problems related to conception and pregnancy in more complex conditions.
While the complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process since it demands thorough observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient over a period of time; and the course of treatment follows these observations.
Although PCOS and its symptoms can be treated using conventional drugs, use of homeopathic medications is better to treat this condition for the following reasons.
Treatment addressing the root-cause
Using homeopathy for PCOS is a good idea because it offers permanent treatment for the condition. Homeopathy treats and cures the root cause of the condition rather than focussing on the external factors that cause the disease. Therefore, the treatment offered by homeopathy is more reliable. For example, the medicines prescribed for an interrupted period is different from the medicines prescribed for profuse bleeding.
No side effects
Homeopathic treatment is based on the belief that the human body was meant to remain disease free always. So it never tries to make use of drugs that can disturb the body's ability to function naturally. All that homeopathic medications do is to restore the vitality of the body so that it can find its way out of the disease all by itself. This kind of a treatment ensures that there are no side-effects whatsoever of homeopathic medicines.
Hi, My weight is 77 now after pregnancy 10 kg increase. I am breastfeeding for 1 year baby so how to reduce with healthy way? And my tummy also want to reduce so please give some ideas.
We are trying for a baby since fer years. After trans vaginal scanning and other tests, the doctor told that me and my husband do not have any problem, only the natural fertilization is not happening. I have regular periods. I do not have any problem in uterus. We also follow the ovulation chart but still not able to conceive.
Hello sir/mam, I really need your help and fast reply please. Please suggest, actually me and my girlfriend had sex on 28th October and my girlfriend had menstruation on 3/4 th of November and instantly she had an ipill then again in the last week of November we had sex using protection but she was worried so she checked in prega news today (8th december), and the results came out negative but till yet she is not having her mens, as also the due date of her menses has gone and its going late. She is 19 years old. Please suggest me do we need to wait for some more days for her menstruation? Because I had heard that menstruation date usually gets delayed after taking ipill. Or do we need to consult a doctor for blood test?
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory infection that affects the lungs, throat, nose and occasionally, the ears. It usually does not require treatment but Paracetamol can provide relief from most of the symptoms. Rarely, influenza can lead to severe complications like pneumonia, sinus problems and asthma. Annual vaccinations can prevent these complications even if you do get a mild flu.
The influenza virus is air borne and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, skin to skin contact, or indirect contact like touching a contaminated object. Type A, Type B and Type C influenza viruses affect the respiratory organs.
People with weak immune systems are infected more easily than others- children under the age of 4, people above the age of 60 pregnant women, obese people and those who are suffering from kidney disorders and diabetes are at greater risk of infection. Air pollution also aggravates the problem.
There is also little chance that your body has the necessary antibodies to fight the virus if you have been infected before. This is because the influenza virus modifies constantly and new strains of the virus appear rapidly. So, the antibodies that work against one particular variant do not work effectively against the others. This is why vaccination is also not a foolproof preventive technique against this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin to show within a few days after infection. In a few cases, the infection may be asymptomatic. When they do show, the symptoms are very common- high fever, shivering, a blocked and runny nose, frequent coughing and sneezing and chest congestion are the predominant signs. In the later stages, there are headaches, body aches, general fatigue, reddened and watering eyes, throat pains and difficulty in speaking.
In the cases where the patient is a child, there are a few other symptoms like digestive and gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. The last two are especially common in children who have been infected by influenza virus Type B.
Aged people often have low resistance to the virus. This is why the flu quickly escalates and the complications like primary viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia. In such cases, there are sever symptoms like breathing problems, the presence of blood in the sputum, red and itchy skin and petechial rashes (caused by minor punctures in the capillary blood vessels). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.