Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sridhar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. SridharYour feedback matters!
Hi, doctor I live in delhi & I am 34 yr old male person. I have a tremor problem for last 4 months. What should I do?
I am 28 year old male. I am suffering continue migraine pain since last 2 years. Pl help me what should I do for it?
I am facing numbness in hands and feet from last 6 months. Maximum problem is while sleeping. All blood results are normal and there is no deficiency. I have been prescribed several medications but all in vain. Even acupressure does not work. Please help.
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in entire head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please answer.
My wife age is 45, she is EPILEPSY patient since last 29 years, we have Consult so many Doctors but there is no improvements. Now also she is continue attack by EPILEPSY. Now she Medical cource as below:- 1. Tegretol (200 mg) 2-1-2. 2 Gardenal (30 mg) 1-1. 3. Lacoset 1-1. 4. Lavesam 1-.1. You are request to please suggest the Good Doctor & help us to reduce her More Tablets & get the improvement in her health.
I am a male of 26 years, 2 years ago I have had a major accident that resulted in multiple facial fractures, dislocation of the mandibular condyle and severe facial deformity. 1st surgery was a failure and I couldn't even eat for some months ,so we opted for the 2nd one and it is a partial success because it only corrected my dental fractures so that I could eat well but my major concern is my facial profile. I'm very much depressed regarding it, Is there any chance that my mandibular condyle can be corrected and relocated so that my facial profile is restored to the previous state.
I'm suffering from migraine since childhood few months back I was suffering from severe full headache n I visited a neuro physician he recommended me to have naproxen tablet whenever I have headache but you do that I have gained weight so I have stopped taking it. Can someone suggest me a pill which I can take when I get a migraine attack and does not gain weight?
What are the indications that you get before a stroke? What happens if you already had a stroke and recovered?
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
I have migraine pain before 2 days and I take bymistake 2 pills naxodom. I hav no side effects bt I tense about it.
My brain is thinking too much which results in causing sleep less nights. What to do? please advice.
Sir, I am feeling uneasy when I am talking to our seniors And feeling problem in discuss any senior person or matter. My right hand vibrate when I am writing in a special paper i. E. When I am signing in cheque and other papers.
What is the meaning of sclerosis along the anterior aspect of si joints? Is it hardening of the bones or tissues surrounding si joints? Please help me. I am worried a lot.
I am 27 year old male. I am suffering from muscle weakness, low energy, low muscle mass. I am under psychiatric treatment from past 5 yrs. I had taken amitriptyline for around 3yrs. Now I have stopped this medication, it's been 1 year. I am suffering from physical problems like muscle pain while exercising, feeling breathlessness while exercising, feeling numbness in the hand.
Hi, 25age, consuming alcohol last 6 years, nowadays little avoiding the alcohol, means instead of daily I'm having 2 days in a week, problem is shivering my hands little nowadays. Please suggest I will do, really scared.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.