Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sowmyalatha
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyalathaYour feedback matters!
I have teary eyes whenever I read for long. What should I do to prevent so from happening? Thank you!
Sir I am having colour blindness. Is there no solution for this disease and interesting fact is that neither of my parents are having colour blindness. All people say that it is genetically disease. Please tell me the best way to get these disease away from me. I will be really thankful to you sir.
Hello everybody, I am Dr Ruchi I am a private practitioner ophthalmologist in Faridabad and my clinic is in 28 sector in Faridabad. Today I want to tell you all briefly about a disease which is known to be a silent killer or causing silently blindness which is we are finding it very commonly today in people all around the world, it is glaucoma in Hindi we call it as Kala Motia. Glaucoma we are finding it very commonly and noble screening of the patient who is diabetics, hypertensive, high myopia or the high minus power being patient, thyroid patient, migraine patient, anybody 40 + can develop glaucoma. It is necessary that you will have any symptoms for that generally some patients get coloured halos around the light, coloured rings around the lights but sometimes mostly it is seen as very silently keeping in and developing towards blindness, by the time the patient comes to know that he is a glaucoma patient. As a routine screening when the patient comes to our clinic, we do the pressure checkup and it is advised that everybody all these listed people that I have the patient I have told about should go in for a pressure check-up, but pressure check-up alone is not the indication for glaucoma. If the pressure is high, it is only an indication that we should go for the investigation for glaucoma and there are other 4, 5 parameters on which we judge, whether, the glaucoma is to be established a case or not. So I would personally advised everybody, if your doctor suggesting you to go in the direction of investigation for glaucoma do not overheat his advice because do not pay any attention to the advice because it is a silent killer you might not even come to know about it and one day you just turn blind then you come to know that you had glaucoma. It is a little expensive investigation but do not look at the price do investigate and as a routine you must get the pressure check up and the routine screening, we have OCD for that we have perimetry or the field charges for that and the central corneal thickness of the pachymetry that we do for this screening and the gonioscopy. So you must investigate and then we confirm whether you have glaucoma or not, do take care of this and If in case you want to come and visit me you can come and visit at my clinic I have the complete setup for the glaucoma investigations and the treatment for this is drop surgery is the last choice of treatment in this case, initially we just control it with eye drops only. So in case you want to come and meet me, I have two centres one is in 21-c, one is in 28 Sector both have a complete set for glaucoma assessment, you can come and meet me there. Thank you so much.
I am 20 years old I can' t able to read the board which is at some distance. Tears are immediately coming when I see board.Please suggest.
Dear sir My eye prob. Last 10 year I have problem I can't seen near word what weel be answer. Please replay me or call.
When I studied for two or more than three hours I feel headache. Is it's happening because of my eye power?
The answer to this question is YES. Your child does need an eye examination at regular intervals starting from his or her birth. But the problem is that most, if not all parents don’t know this and wait for a problem to appear before taking their child to an ophthalmologist. Healthy eyes and vision determine your child’s overall development. And her eyes should be examined regularly so that vision problem like near or farsightedness, cataracts and the lazy eye can all be detected and treated early. So, vision care and eye checks should be a part of your child's routine medical care.
- Routine medical examination timing for ensuring good vision for your child are:
- As a newborn, your baby should be checked for eye health by a Paediatrician.
- If your baby is born prematurely, then retinal examination on 30th day of birth is very important to rule out Retinopathy of Prematurity which is a blinding condition
- If the child has obvious eye irregularities or there is a history of eye problems in your family, you should get your little one checked by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- In the first year of your child’s life, you must get a routine screening for your baby’s eye health.
- At 3 years, take your child for an eye health screening and visual acuity tests that measure sharpness of vision.
- Repeat the same when your child is around five years of age.
- Your child should be examined regularly after age five.
But, if the child presents with symptoms like frequent headaches and squinting, you should rush your child to an eye doctor. Your child needs an eye exam when
- He/she rubs his/her eyes constantly
- He / she suffers from extreme light sensitivity
- Has trouble focusing
- Is not able to follow an object properly with his/her eyes
- Has abnormal alignment or movement of the eyes after six months of age
- Suffers chronic redness of the eyes
- Has chronic tearing of the eyes
- Has a white pupil instead of black
If your child has started school, the signs to look out for include
- Not being unable to see objects at a distance and having trouble reading the blackboard
- Having difficulty reading
- Sitting too close while watching TV
If your child has signs of poor vision or crossed eyes or if you see signs of an eye problem like excessive watering and discharge from the eyes; have your child’s eyes examined right away.
Common eye problems
- Lazy eye or Amblyopia – If your child faces a problem of poor vision in one or both eyes. The eyes may also have a difference in the refractive error of two eyes. If untreated, amblyopia can cause irreversible visual loss in the affected eye. It is best treated before your child is eight years old.
- Strabismus - This is a misalignment of the eyes and presents as one of the eye turning in, out, up, or down. If detected early, vision in both your child’s eyes can be restored by patching the properly aligned eye, which forces the misaligned eye to work. Misaligned eye can be aligned with help of appropriate glasses, prisms, exercises or surgery
- Refractive errors - Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child.
Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.