Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Suprabha Venugopal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia Suprabha VenugopalYour feedback matters!
I am feeling cold, have throat infection, have fever and my eyes are like burning. Which medicine should I prefer?
Frequently getting throat infection. Due to that some times facing difficulty in breathing. Please suggest and advise the best tablets.
Sir I am surfing of fever, my left nose very pain and head also pain I eaten tablet cetrizine but cannot work what can I do.
My son is 21 months old, frequently having throat infection (even after cleaning his hands 3-4 times a day) also result in low appetite. Every time doctor suggest antibiotic having amoxycillin (125mg) + clavulanic acid (28.5mg). Pls suggest what should I do to overcome this problem.
I'm a 37 years old, female. I have been having blocked ears for 2 weeks plus now and hardly can hear anything except my own voice most of the time. And that emptiness sound. History: - Developed sore throat. - Then dry cough with mild phlegm. - Developed pain in right ear. - Saw normal doctor. Gave me cough mixture, wax drop, flu medi, pain killers and antibiotics. - After 2 days, pain started in left ear as well and slowly started to have ear blocked on both sides. - Suffered terrible pain throughout. - Saw another doc, gave me new antibiotic and cough mixture with a new ear drops as ears were clear from wax. Looks mildly infected. - Took them. No changes. Day by day level of hearing deteriorated. Pain was on and off. If it comes, it will be very painful. - Went to see ENT specialist, who said nothing much can be seen, could be fluid but no swelling. So gave a nasal spray and asked me to continue the same antibiotics. - Days passed and hardly could hear much and pain started to travel behind be ears, headache, heavy head. - Saw another specialist who did the audiogram test and microscope. - He suggested immediate aspiration but I refused as I wasn't sure. So, he gave augmentin 1g, nasal spray and chewing gum. If no difference over next 4-5 days, he said then have to do aspiration as it will affect my ears further. - Kindly advice. Is an audiogram (frequency cycle per second) test and Impedance audiometry test the same?
I do have soar throat and often have cough and cold. I do have seasonal allergy like from winter and cold weather.
My daughter is 10 weight 31, has been given augmenting 625 mg, three times a day for ear infection. Is the dosage all right?
I had tonsillitis from the past years and still it troubles me a lot. I can't even swallow my saliva properly. Pliz help!
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.