Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SomashekarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having a query about my daughter. She is 8 months old. She don't eat anything if I force her she cries a lot and vomit it out. She only do breast feeding. What should I do? Feeling confused.
My friends grandson 16 yrs old is asked to use encorate 200 for 6 months, though the mri scan shows poisitive. Is it advisable to use the medicine for longer period
My baby is one and half month old she had a vaccine today she is crying badly pls tell me any way and medicine for relief.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
By birth, my son is suffering from tuberous sclerosis and due that he has so many issues like development delay, not able to speak, not social and almost all sign of autism. Please advice what treatment is available to recover from these issues. He is now of 4 year and we are sending him to play school so that he can mix with other kids. We also gave behavioral therapy for 4 months. Please advice.
Hello! We have a 9 months old baby and we want to feed her egg so how and which part we should feed her?
Hi mera baby 8 months hai par us ka weight 5.4 kg hai us ka weight nahi badta please give me suggestion ki me kya karo.
My daughter is 8 yrs.Her weight is just 21kg.We provide her fruits vegetables every day.But still she could not increase her weight.What measures should we take to increase her weight and brain development. Though she is normal child. Her class progress is satisfactory. Please give me advice.
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.
My infant son (1 1/2 years old) is not gaining weight. He is very moody when it comes to eating. What should I do?
Why vaccination of baby is confusing? Which Standard should we follow as Government Schedule and Private Schedule are different.
Hello Doctor, my son is having a Situs inverses totalis his internal organs in his chest and abdominal area are all mirrored. After his birth he had respiratory complications (Aspiration Pneumonia) on the next day of his life. Now he is 1 year 4 month old and weighs around 10 kgs (his birth wait was 3.23 kg). My question to you is he is having almost everyday running nose, dark green and white mucus flows out of his nose in morning time and evening time continuously. It is quite sticky and thick. When we try to was with tissue paper or wet clothes he cries or try to avoid as much as possible. We are really worried about this problem please advice on what can be done to rectify this.
My daughter born on 4th sept 2014 was admitted for acute dehydration when she was 4 mo. We had switched to cows milk when she was 3 mo. After hospitalisation she was on formula feed. We restarted cows milk last week, she is 6 mo now, and she started frequent motion again. Switched back to formula. Could she be lactose intolerant or are we making her switch to cows milk earlier?
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction.