Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar NYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I was getting irritation at my work because of headache from since 3 days can youu please give me a suggestion.
I am suffering from a light but heavy chest pain 2 or 3 times in a week. Ecg report shows its bready cardia but symptoms are different. What can I do suggest me?
Is there any cure for tinnitus. My ears are ringing continulsy from last two days and read from internet that there is no cure for tinnitus. Is it true?
Sir, I am suffering from asthma from my childhood. And my 15th age onwards I started using inhalers. From 22 years I use inhaler 10 - 15 tyms. What is the harmful effects.
I am 34 years old l have suffering a gas problem. My STOOL is not clearly some time lose & tight. In my stomach have various sound after eating.
Sir / madam. Hi. I am 33 age ka unmarried man hu, ab muje sex ka problem hai masturbating karte samaya 1 minutes ke andar dhatu nikal ta hai, penis hard bi nahi hota hai, aur penis ko sparasha dhyan bi nahi hota hai, par penis bada bahut hota hai aap please help karo.
Have got blood sugar examined. Fasting 98 and pp 176. Does it mean I have diabetes? Medicines required? If yes please prescribe.
At what amount we should take sugar or should not take to keep our self healthy or what to take instead if sugar if it is not good to take the alternative.
I am a 37 years old Male and facing the problem of Hair fall and Dandruff along with I face the pain on my Head after taking Bath. what should I have to do? please guide me.
My husband is unable to have sex with me. I took him to a sexologist he had given medicines counselling and what not. But nothing helped my husband solve his disability. He has all the sexual problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation and lack of libido.. I am even in this situation considering this marriage because of social status as my wedding happened so grand with lots of money. I came to a conclusion that eventhough he is a husband to me I am gonna lead my rest of life sleeping next to a manly guy with sexless life. This thought is making me sick. And least am expecting a child from is this even possible with him or not? Please help!
Doctor. I am unable to get a good sleep since pasr 15 days. Also my food consumption is decreased. What do you suggest. What shall I do.
On google details is that HIV/aids don't spread through saliva because saliva does not contain HIV/aids virus. But my bhms doctor friend telling that google details are not accurate and right and anyone can put details on google. So what is right and wrong?
Hi im 18 years old and I want to remove foreskin of penis but it was very painful please tell me the right way to remove foreskin of penis.
I'm a 20 years old student. I'm getting acidity monthly once or twice I'm taking omega capsules. How much time it will take to reduce the acidity of stomach? Is this tablet gives instant relief from pain?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.