Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha SurendranYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy world has currently brought unique solutions for reducing unbearable back pain. You can get speedy recovery and on the other hand, your back muscles will also become much more flexible than ever.
Top 5 homeopathic medicines for curing back pain:
- Arnica: Injured back often leads to severe back pain and it can be well treated by this homeopathic medicine. Both recent and past back-injuries can be treated using this medicine. This medicine is absolutely safe and thus you will not face any side-effects at all. Unwanted back stiffness and soreness within back muscles can also be minimized to a great extent with the consistent application of this medicine. Back motions can be made much more flexible by curtailing restlessness.
- Rus Tox: If you want to stop chronic condition of your back pain, then nothing can be the best option other than this medicine. Most of the homeopathic practitioners are now strongly recommending this medicine for severe cases. Only limited dosage of this medicine taken in a consistent manner can offer you more relief from your back pain, and you can get greater relaxation.
- Mag Phos: This medicine is very much useful for alleviating all kinds of back pains and this medicine can be accompanied by external heat. Cramping muscle pains are simply unbearable and thus cannot be gotten rid of at times. In such a condition, there is no other safest alternative other than this medicine.
- Bryonia: There are some prominent symptoms of back pain and they can be easily and efficiently alleviated by this medicine. If you have become pretty tired of applying homemade therapies, then you can try out this solution. This medicine can reduce your pain and inflammation within a few hours, and you can get back to your daily activities with great energy. Apart from taking this medicine, you have to take enough rest so that your back can get relaxed. Your back motion can be smoothened and made flexible by taking the concerned medicine.
- Kali carb: This medicine is the best back-pain solution for females. Those females who have severe back pain immediately after delivery can get greater relief from this medicine. In this case, back muscles often develop cramping pains and these pains are very much irritating and thus you might feel disturbed. This is the reason doctors often recommend taking this medicine to fix the problem.
Related Tip: "When Should You See Your Doctor in Back Pain?"
Are you an expectant mother? The feeling of expecting a child is unexplainable. It can only be experienced and enjoyed. Along with being pregnant, at times, a woman suffers from severe boredom and mood swings. During such time, it is always best to be involved in some activity or the other without stressing yourself too much or undertaking any heavy work.
In the modern tech era, gadgets are what keep a person going apart from food, water and shelter. Thus, this article explores 9 must-have gadgets for expectant mothers.
- Gravida Nurse Prenatal Educational Device: This small yet handy device provides you with all the informational articles that you need to know about your pregnancy and also baby care. It’s a complete educational device for the expectant mothers (and fathers).
- Pregnancy belly phones: Have you heard about headphones, but are not sure what belly phones are? Well they are headphones for your babies? When inside the mother’s womb, music and soft voices seem to soothe the baby and belly phones are used for this purpose. They can be attached to an iPod or any music system to play nice and warm music for the baby.
- Beforme MP3 stethoscope: This device lets you record the baby’s heartbeat and even presents it on the screen as a graph.
- Kicktrack: This device helps you to monitor your baby’s kicking movement inside the womb.
- Ultrasound scanner: This scanner is a small portable version of your own ultrasound machine, enabling you to see your baby as and when you wish.
- Pregnancy watch: This is just a simple watch coupling up as a pregnancy device. It lets you know the week of your pregnancy and also suggests cute baby names for your little bundle of joy.
- Biobands: For expectant mothers experiencing nausea and morning sickness, this little band can do you a lot of good every morning.
- Bellabeat leaf: This is a device which helps you monitor the correct amount of food for yourself and the child. It helps you to get the right nutrition needed for the baby and the mother.
- QardioBase: This is one of the best gadgets to keep a track of your weight during your pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the handiest gadgets that you need to keep beside you during your pregnancy. Apart from a little bit of monitoring of your and the baby’s health, all you need to do is relax and enjoy this beautiful feeling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I heard that abstinence / lack of orgasm can lead to hormonal imbalances (overproduction of estrogens etc.), that can cause various health problems (breast nodules, cysts, fibroma etc.). Is this accurate, or just a myth? I also read on internet that oxytocin is a wonder for breast health. Women who not have sexual activity or doesn't masturbate have a higher risk for breast cancer, because oxytocin inhibits cancerous cells. It is true? I am asexual and I have 40 years old and I am a virgin.
I have severe night time back pain and knee muscle pain after the delivery of my baby. My weight is 65 kgs and height 5 ft. I breastfeed my baby in sleeping position. Please give some good medication.
Hello. I have been married for a year now. I have not conceived yet. My last menstruation periods came on 27th of October and I had sex with my husband on the 8th of this month. Is there any chances of conceiving?
Had sex on 1st april (condom+pill) and on 4th (condom. She got brownish bleeding on 8th. Took urine test (negative result). Then took help from gynecologist- she took ultrasound on 9th april. Reports are negative but. Their is a layer of 12mm-14mm. Their is no pregnancy ring. But she is bleeding. Is she pregnant? She is not regular in periods. Dr. Said her eggs are not perfectly developed and her uterus and ovary are sticked together because of it she may get problem on pregnancy. I want to know weather she is pregnant or not. Her last period date is 19th march. Help me.
Less frequent uptake of mushrooms, cauliflower, cheese, pulses, red meat, fish and poultry items will help managing your elevated uric acid levels also drink plenty of water to flush out uric acid from your body.
Recommended levels of serum uric acid for female: 5.7 and for male maximum upto 7.
This update is by ascliepus ortho physiotherapy clinic Jammu.
Pregnancy and child birth are some of the most important functions of a woman’s life, and they have a life long bearing on how her body functions as well. A normal delivery or a vaginal delivery is something that a majority of women prefer because it is one of the most normal ways of delivering a baby without having to go through an invasive or surgically induced method that will also include the aid of medication. So what all can you expect when you are going through a normal or a vaginal delivery? Here is a quick list.
- Birth plan: During the final trimmest of your pregnancy and especially during the ninth month, it is important to have a birthing plan in place. By this time, it will be clear that you are going through your pregnancy in a normal manner without any problems or complications that may have a bearing on the way you will deliver the child. It will be pretty clear that you are going to have a normal delivery, in which case it is important to talk to your doctor and your partner about who will be with you when you deliver the child, and at what point you may ask for an epidural. Also, remember to include the complications that can lead to the employment of other delivery methods like forceps or a caesarean section.
- Early phase of delivery: During the early phase of your delivery, the amniotic sac, which is a fluid filled protective sac, will burst. This sac usually protects the baby. Once this water breaks, you will be in active labour. For many women, the contractions and labour pains begin before the water actually breaks, in which case, the doctor may have to rupture the sac manually or with the help of medication.
- Contractions: The tightening and releasing of your uterus is known as a contraction. These contractions will start to come in lesser intervals as the delivery progresses. It is important to keep track of the number of minutes between each contraction as this will help the doctor monitor the delivery. These may not be the most reliable indication of the progression of your labour and delivery, because sometimes, these contractions may also be false alarms like Braxton Hicks contractions, which may happen at various points during your third trimester.
- Opening of the Cervix: The opening or dilation of the cervix will usually take place eventually along with the contractions. Usually, this opening is about 3 to 4 centimeters with a passage connecting the vagina with the uterine cavity. When this dilation reaches 10 centimeters, it means that the baby is ready to start crowning. At this point, the contractions will also be closer and you will be urged to begin pushing so that the baby may enjoy a safe passage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi doc m married women we r having unprotected sex from last two months however still pregnancy test was negative what ll b the reason behind dis, I got an abortion in the month of April by taking pill. Consulted gynecologist for abortion she given pills to get abortion. Please give suggestion. I am taking homoeopathy medicine for piles.
I have pain in my both breasts. Actually it is very tight from inside feel like stones and its very painful. please help what can I do.
I had cesarean on June 1 and also occurring family planning operation. First cesarean did in 2013. My problem is up to July 1 bleeding was come it was gradually decreased with color change. And again on20th July fresh bleeding is occurring on 4 days not highly. From onwards white discharge is occurring highly with back ache. When I consult doctor she gave calcium and iron tablets and multi vitamin syrup I am using these medicine but no results observe so please tell me what I am do and why it is occurring is it normal.
Today, prenatal testing can help pinpoint your unborn child’s risk to a number of genetic conditions. NIPT or non-invasive prenatal testing is a modern form of prenatal testing that does not harm the mother or child. NIPT involves a simple blood test that can be performed as an outpatient procedure in any doctor’s office. Blood for this test is collected from a vein in the mother’s arm. The DNA from this blood sample is then studied in a laboratory to look for signs of abnormalities. These results are them compared to your first trimester ultrasound results to determine if further testing is required.
There are a number of advantages to this form of testing
- Highly Accurate: NIPT results are said to be accurate in 99% cases. This clears doubts about chromosomal abnormalities and helps parents to be deal with problems in their unborn children. For example, NIPT testing can be used to diagnose problems like Down syndrome. NIPT also decreases the need for other forms of invasive prenatal testing.
- Safe: NIPT is noninvasive and does not harm the health of the baby or the mother. Since it involves only a simple blood test, it does not cause pain or discomfort either. It also has no connection to miscarriages. Pregnant woman above the age of 35 and those who have had an ultrasound showing an increased risk of aneuploidy or those who have a history of trisomy can benefit from this form of pre-natal testing. The only known alternative to this form of testing involves withdrawing DNA samples from the amniotic sac with the help of a needle. This form of testing can result in a miscarriage in rare cases.
- Comfortable: Unlike prenatal tests that require precision while withdrawing DNA from the amniotic sac, the NIPT requires far less expertise. This makes women much more comfortable undergoing this form of testing as compared to the other.
- Early Diagnosis: With prenatal testing parents do not have to wait till a baby is born to find out if he or she suffers from any genetic complications. NIPT can be scheduled as early as 10 weeks into the pregnancy and hence gives the parents enough time to prepare themselves to deal with the issue if any.
However, you should remember that NIPT cannot be used to replace diagnostic tests such as amniocentesis. Also, it does not detect all chromosomal abnormalities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
How pregnant women should sleep? What should be the food habits of pregnant women? I mean which food items should be avoid?
Always bend your knees and your hips, not your back.
Maintain a good posture. Avoid slumping in your chair, hunching over a desk or walking with your shoulders hunched.
Use a chair with a backrest. Sit with your feet flat on the floor or on a footrest. Change how you sit every few minutes
Hello doctor. I'm 28 years old and got married 1.5 years before. Since I have been affected by hbv, we were postponed the pregnancy. Now my husband is vaccinated and we are planning for a baby. Suggest me some tips to get healthy pregnancy with boy baby.
Hi, I have been diagnosed with pcod, because of which my weight is increasing drastically. Please let me know how to control this and what are the preventive measures I can take.
Plz help. I had unprotected sex on 15th n 16th February. That is the 23rd n 24th day from the first day of my last period. Can I get pregnant.
Mam /Sir meri age 22hai, 23 feb.ko avi shadi hui hai, Uske bad periods ki problem ho rhi hai. Period ka date 26 feb tha but 1 march ko aaya, aaj 9 april ho gya but periods nhi aaya. 2, 3 day se pet me drd v kvi 2hota hai aur aisa lgega period aa gya kvi 2lag rha bs aane hi wala hai but aata nhi. Kvi2 Jee michlane v lgta hai khana khane k bad lgega ulti ho jayega but hota nhi Sir bhari lgega. Koi bdi problems to nhi sir/mam plzzz uchit slah de. Bhut presan ho gye.
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women urinary tract related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology. So for woman, gynaecologist is the doctor for menstrual, genital and pregnancy related troubles but UROLOGIST is the doctor who treats urinary problems. Here are 9 things you should know as a woman:
- Age related factors affect both men and women: However, women do not have prostate but they suffer similar urinary problems as men at growing age. Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like recurrent urinary tract infection, frequency, nocturia and urinary incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by a urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like urethral stenosis, overactive bladder, stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can decrease the problem. However, a urologist can help you to diagnose and treat this condition successfully.
- Women must go for urination after sex: Urinary tract infections are very common in sexually active females. During intercourse lot of vaginal bacteria gets entry into urinary bladder. If woman voids after sex, majority of bacteria are thrown out and rest are handled by body immunity. But if you sleep over with all these bacteria, you are more likely to suffer with UTI.
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists can help you to know that there are minimal invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women. From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urological aspect examined thoroughly too by a urologist.
- Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging out of your vagina. An urologist can provide minimal invasive options to deal with this.
- Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
- Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urologist can play its part to help you out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.