Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha SurendranYour feedback matters!
After HCG shot and ovulation my DGO prescribed progesterone 100 mg for 15 days starting from cycle day 16. For last two cycle I took NAC 600 mg and Clomid 50 mg along with Progesterone. After finishing 15 pills I got periods my within couple of days or sometimes on the day I finish it. I'm in progesterone pills for last 6 months. I thought it was the one that is barrier to get pregnant. Today is 2nd day of my periods and I ask about it to my DGO. She then prescribed me NAC and clomid. She said that she too has the same mind set in my case. For some women progesterone act as a hurdle for pregnancy. She quoted and asked me to come on day 11 for follicular study and hcg shot. So my doubt is. If I won't use progesterone this cycle. Does it delay my periods? For how many days the effect of pill remain in our body. Does it make any disturbance in this cycle? I asked it to my DGO. She said it may or may not delay periods. I'm posting here my query to avoid unwanted expectation due to delayed periods. Trying for more than a year after losing my precious baby on 14th week due to neural tube defect. I want him back soon. Enough is enough. Had a big gap. I too wanna enjoy motherhood. Please. I need your advice. Comfort me with your replies. Thank you in anticipation.
I already asked that my friends first sex Because his gf asking whether it is painful or not Anything like oils are used for easy inserting of male organ. Please tell.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Treatment of Skin Disorders:
Cumin has a high content of vitamin E which keeps your skin healthy and glowing. Besides, the essential oils, cumin have disinfectant and anti-fungal properties which protect your skin from fungal and microbial infections. Topical application of cumin paste on boils, pimples, eczema, psoriasis and other skin disorders facilitates quick healing . A dash of ground cumin powder can also be added to your face pack to treat skin issues. Cumin is also a good source of dietary fiber which helps in the cleaning process and removes toxins.
Vitamin E present in cumin triggers the anti-ageing processes within the body, thus preventing premature ageing symptoms. It acts as an antioxidant to combat the free radicals that attack the skin and cause signs of ageing like wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin. This combination of antioxidant effect and antibacterial capacity of cumin provides you with a healthy, beautiful skin that lasts far into your old age.
Cures Itchiness and Body Heat:
If you are suffering from body heat and skin itchiness, you can put some cumin seeds in boiled water. Once it is cooled, take a bath with that water.
Dear Doctor I am 56 yrs old Male whenever I touch my left side breast it pain, I can't sleep with breast touching the bed, this pain is for last 2 months.
This problem to my friend she has problem of white water discharge in the age of 15. Some one told me it's leucorrhoea but in leucorrhoea the white water discharge is coming in more qty but in this case it come in very low qty. So is this also leucorrhoea or something else I and my friend so stressed pls give some good suggestions.
Hi, My age is 28 years. Ht 5" 4. Wt 70 kg. We are trying for pregnancy since 1 yr. My husbands reports are all normal. I am having pcos. But my periods are very regular. I am using medicine for partial seizure since 1 yr.(oxetol 300 mg twice daily.) and I am using metformin 500 mg thrice daily since 5 months. But I am not getting pregnancy. please help me out madam. I am getting very depressed. I have not used any contraceptive pills still now. Y insulin levels are also normal.
Hi Dr. I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. I just to know without any scan or consulting a Dr. How would I able to know that my pregnancy Is going normal. please help out. please specify that symptoms according to the number of week pregnancy.
Hi I am a dentist age is 43. I am having vaginal discharge can you pls tell me the permanent solution.
I am doing unprotected sex since 5 month but not getting pregnant. Performed all the test for body check up like theoride, cbc but every thing is ok. Please suggest if any problem.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin D supplements had improved lipid profiles compared with those taking placebo as per a new study.
In an analysis of data from the Women?s Health Initiative, the level of LDL cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dL in the women on active treatment reported Peter F. Schnatz, DO, of Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania in the journal menopause.
In addition, higher concentrations of 25?hydroxyvitamin D3 (25(OH)D3) were associated with higher levels of HDL cholesterol and lower levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.