Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShreedeviYour feedback matters!
Sir iam a body builder since at the age 25 but I dont have any progress in it, I cant do heavy workout because I get joint pain and muscle catch while workingout with my weights please suggest me a good diet, is sweet potato good for me during my workouts.
Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male. I am a kidney donor. I donated my kidney before 10 month. Now I feel better. So my question is can I do exercise hardly? And what kind of exercise can I do? Please. Thank you. Have a nice day.
I have got severe pain in my teeth from last 2 days and I have a cavity too in my premolars what should I do?
There are numerous of medicines in market claiming that on consuming it height can be increased without any side effects. I just wanted to know thus these medicines are safe and promote height developments. If not safe then which all trusted medicines can be taken. please help me from dylema.
I am very thin and I want to improve my physique. And I have recently joined a gym. Can I take protein supplements. Does it effect in a bad way. Thank.
I am 17 years old. On Saturday, I am playing football and after that I got a pain on back it may be muscle pain. And I got so negative impact on my mind that is someone on my nearby died by dengue and friends dad died by pneumonia. I also have a dry coug.
I am a 16 years old boy. I have to ask a question that my hairs is falling very much so what should I do to get new hairs and stop falling of the hairs. Thank you.
I am a tutor and I have to roam here and there as because of this my hair falls too much. Just because of pollution and its growth also stopped please help me.
Legs and stomach sweeping. Total bilirubin is 12. 9 mg/dl, direct bilirubin is 0.64 mg/dl and indirect bilirubin is 12.26 mg/dl.
I am suffering from cold and I am fat ,I want to lose my weight, so give me some suggestions which are helpful for me to lose my weight.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
I am 24 year old male. Out of excitement I tried a small (very small) edible portion of cannabis for the first time. I felt weird after few hours. My heart raced and I got scared and approached a physician. He said it is ok and gave tablet for headache. I couldn't able to sleep well at that night. I felt like my heart is going to explode and woke up multiple time to urinate just to flush it out of my body. The effects of cannabis is gone, but the pounding heart persisted for a week and I couldn't able to sleep well. Over the week the pounding heart got normal during day, but back when I lie down. I consulted a psychiatrist, he prescribed agomelatine. Now pounding heart problem got controlled even when I lie down. But I couldn't able to sleep well. I woke up 2-4 times almost everyday. I also developed anxiety because of this. I got racing thoughts in my mind, mostly negative. I feel scared of almost everything. I feel so scared at dorm. So, I came back to my home where I feel somehow safe. I took a leave of absence from my university for few weeks. Sometimes I am even scared of whether I could get good sleep or not. I am so obsessed with it right now. Sometimes I sleep for like 5-6 hrs. Yet I feel sleepless. I can't able to concentrate on anything because of this and I feel like a different person. In an article, I found that some compounds in cannabis can trigger preexisting mental conditions like anxiety disorder. I had anxiety disorder like condition before for which I took some treatment and got cured. I have not felt this anxious before. I am scared whether I am loosing control etc. What can I do further to get myself back. I need to stop racing thoughts and worries. I also want to get my sleep back before it affects my studies. Anyone who have experience in such cases please help me.
I got typhoid 1 week back and I got admitted to hospital from then onwards I couldn't sleep in the night or day always I will be wake up anytime if I close my eyes for a while also I am not getting sleep.
Hii my health is very low and my weight is very low so please help me l want up my weight please help.
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
It was believed by Dr Peter D’Adamo that the unique antigen markers of different blood group types react to different kinds of food. The consumption of the wrong kind of food may lead to various health conditions. The right kind of food, when consumed according to the blood types can help prevent chronic diseases, maintain an optimum body weight and act as defence against a large number of diseases. It was also believed that stomach acid levels and digestive enzymes are related to blood types.
Blood type diet:
- Blood Type A should only consume a vegetarian, in fact vegan diet.
- Blood Type B is recommended a balanced diet of meat, dairy products and vegetables.
- Blood Type O should consume high amounts of animal protein along with lots of fruits and vegetables. The carbohydrate, dairy and wholegrain intake must be low.
- Blood Type AB should stick to a vegetarian diet mostly, with occasional inclusions of meat and dairy products.
Pros of a diet based on blood group
- Food that agrees with your body system is essentially beneficial to your body.
- Blood type dieting makes exercising the most important part of your daily health regimen. This helps to promote fitness.
- It is effective as far as weight loss is concerned.
- It discourages the consumption of processed food and junk meals. Healthy fresh vegetables, fruits or dairy products will always be beneficial.
- Does not allow the intake of fatty, sugary food items.
- You can choose different food for your diet from a variety of food items suitable for your blood type.
Cons of a diet based on blood group
- It does not include food from all food groups.
- Many nutritionists and scientists have not been able to establish a connection between blood type and food suitability.
- Cutting out certain essential food groups can be quite dangerous.
- The theory of Dr D’Adamo is quite questionable and disputable. It does not have a medical backing.
- Following this diet can be quite tedious.
- There can be varying results from following such diet and this makes it difficult to analyse the outcome of following such diets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.