Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivleela PatilYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I have 40days baby boy. Since 2 days he is not taking milk and he is sleeping all the time. Sometimes he does the same. So please suggest what to do.
My son is 15 month. He is not creative mind and he is also no learn more and when he is see another people then he is cry and afraid. What is should do?
I feed my baby for over 3 years as she didn't took other milk products. Now am 31 and my breasts were sagged please recommend any good remedy without side effects.
My son is 10 months old. At times, may be once a day or twice a day, his thumb finger gets struck. Meaning its bend and if we try to straighten that there would be a noise (like breaking knuckle). This is observed only in his right hand. Consulted couple of pediatricians here and some are telling this is common - it would get back to normal by time but others says that this is trigger thumb. Please suggest whether to wait or not? He is not crying while we straighten his finger. Please suggest if waiting would worsen or help? If we could wait, how long we could wait? If its trigger thumb, then is there any other treatment other than surgery? If at all its surgery would that be a permanent solution?
Hi my 3. 5 yr child developed swelling around nose and lips please please please and right part of face. He also got fever. Please help.
My child is of 3 years. He is having vomiting problem. Whenever he runs he start having cough and then he vomit. Whenever he is having cough 90% he vomit. We consulted many doctor but everybody is saying cough problem. We treated for the same but still problem is same.
My 4 years old son is allergic to cold things. I hv given him lot of treatment but no effect. He is fond of curd lassie banana. But as he take cough and cold starts. What should I do for him.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.