Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShivaprasadYour feedback matters!
My age is 63 years. Since last 1 month my Uric Acid is 7.8 and swelling in toes, ankle and fingers joints. I am taking Zyloric 40. What should I do and eat which are suitable for lowering uric acid.
I am 22 years old. I am suffering with sle and hypothyroid. My hair so week. And I am look like a fatty girl. I eant my hair long. And I am look slim. So what can I do now So please give suggestion or help I am suffer with 6years.
I am 4 months postpartum. My tsh was routinely checked during preg. It was 7.2. So I was started on thyronorm 50 mcg and increased to 62.5 mcg. My tsh came down to 2.5. I was said to have subclinical hypothyroidism. Now postpartum I am on 50 mcg thyronorn. But my tsh is 32.5 mIU/ ml. And total t3, t 4 within normal limits. How is this possible and what do I do?
How it will be detected whether diabetes is there in the human body or not what are those symptoms and are there any ways to cure it?
I am 34 years old and suffering from diabetes and having a blister in my left underarm hits having pus and some foul smell is it gangrene please advice for medication and treatment for that the area is swollen and paining lot. Please reply doc.
I'm diabetic patients since years 14 my age of 44 left hand solider or finger and left lag last three finger very much pain at night and nee also effected please suggest that you Treatment.
Am diabetic. And are chapathi healthy for diabetic and what would be the best diet to follow. please help me out.
I am a diabetic history of 16 years. Till this time I am taking g food as per likings and high calories. Now I wanted a proper diet chart from morning to evening total calorific value of 1200 to 1400 calories.
My sugar lavel is 135/170 and hba1c 6.8 what can i do. Can i start alopathic medicine or ayurvedic ? please advice me.
My pulse rate is always above 100 for last many years. There is no other problem. I am diabetic patient.
Addison’s disease is considered to be a life threatening and serious illness. When one suffers from this disease, the amount of hormones like Aldosterone and Cortisol reduces rapidly due to the poor functioning of the Adrenal glands. The hormones that the Adrenal glands produce are necessary for the body to function normally. To better understand what Addison’s disease is all about, below are some basic facts.
- Fact 1: Addison’s disease is often confused or linked with adrenal insufficiency. However, Addison’s disease is more of an autoimmune disorder that later leads to adrenal insufficiency, which is a hormone-related imbalance.
- Fact 2: Addison’s disease can happen to anyone regardless of their gender or age. However, genetics may also have a role to play here, as those who have someone affected with Addison’s in the family, face greater risks.
- Fact 3: While for someone it may take years for totally disrupting the hormone production, for some it may grow worse very quickly. Though it is rare, it is possible.
- Fact 4: The symptoms of Addison’s disease often get unnoticed or misinterpreted, as the disease is very uncommon. This is a rare disease that occurs in one in a million.
- Fact 5: When suspected of having Addison’s disease, the screening process doesn’t take much time. Generally, a normal blood test showing the amounts of ACTH and cortisol hormone will confirm the diagnosis.
- Fact 6: Some very common symptoms of this disease are mild to severe pain in the bones and in the abdomen, weight loss, nausea, forgetfulness, low blood pressure and lack of energy. It is these common symptoms that can point to numerous other conditions that make its diagnosis a tricky one.
- Fact-7: Sometimes, Addison's disease may cause the skin tone to become darker due to the hormonal changes. It is probably the only disease that can cause such darkening or skin discolorations of the otherwise normal skin.
- Fact 8: People who have Addison’s disease generally become dependent on the daily intake of cortisol medications or steroids. Without Cortisol, the stress hormone, the body may go into serious adrenal crisis.
- Fact 9: When overlooked for a long time or not provided with the treatment and medication when needed, Addison's disease may lead to sudden organ failure. Therefore, understanding the symptoms and opting for a blood test is essential if this disease is suspected.
- Fact 10: Lastly, Addison's disease can be easily cured and treated by introducing a few serious lifestyle changes and hormonal therapies. Sometimes when oral hormone supplements fail to get properly absorbed, injecting the supplements becomes necessary.
Studies have shown that around 140 people approximately suffers from Addison's disease out of every million. Therefore, knowing the above-mentioned facts becomes necessary for have a clear understanding of the disease which may help in dealing with it in the best way possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Since I have type2 diabetics, there is a prostate slight prostrate enlargement. Also problem with erection. (i am 64 yrs).
I am 43 years old lady. I am having hypothyroidism. I attained menopause. I am having joint pain especially neck, shoulder, hands.
Being diabetic I use drinking juice of karela amla haldi tulsi geloe aloevera wheat grass all together in mixy added with water lemon juice and a little salt so I drink daily in the morning empty stomach kindly let me know will this work THANKS p.s. I am a deaf dumb person aged 71 years
My father is suffering from Uric acid /Urine test problem what is the diet for this situation he eats bread/Buns/wheat bread.
Diabetes is usually associated with the insulin and glucose absorption of the body. This disease can be of several types and is often referred to as Diabetes Mellitus. It is basically a digestive disorder where the body is not able to transport the glucose absorbed from the food to the cells, due to a lack of proper insulin production. This makes the blood sugar level rise. This is a long term disease that involves metabolism and an imbalance in the blood sugar levels of the body. While type 2 diabetes is the most common with 90% of all cases suffering from this type, type 1 affects roughly 10% of the diabetes patients.
Read on to know more about diabetes so that you can control it better:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this kind of diabetes, the body does not produce sufficient insulin, which makes it produce symptoms like increased thirst, frequent urination, blurry vision due to changes in the lens of the eyes and vomiting as well as deep breathing for patients who have reached a very advanced or severe stage. The best treatment plan for this kind of diabetes includes tweaking one's diet to cut out excess fat, salt and sugar. Further, the patient will have to ensure that the glucose levels are monitored and regulated with insulin injections and regular blood tests.
Type 2 Diabetes: When the cells of the body do not react appropriately to insulin it can lead to malfunction. This is a progressive disease that is known to get worse with the passage of time. Patients suffering from this disease usually have to take insulin tablets on a daily basis. The symptoms include fatigue, blurred vision and excessive hunger. The best treatment is to exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet plan. This disease can also increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases and other serious ailments.
Gestational Diabetes: This kind of diabetes affects expecting mothers. If the pregnant patient has high amount of glucose in the body, there is not enough insulin that can transport all the excess glucose to the cells. This can lead to gestational diabetes. Diet and exercise are the best ways to control this condition. It may also lead to complications for the baby at the time of birth.
Prediabetes: Many patients who are suffering from diabetes type 2 often suffer from a condition called prediabetes where the cells of the body start developing insulin resistance. This phase also implies some amount of damage to the heart and circulatory system.
Treating diabetes on time is a matter of regulating and keeping a check on your blood sugar levels even as you maintain your healthy weight and lifestyle with a good diet and exercise.
Classical Homeopathic remedies for diabetes include Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid, Syzygium Jambolanum and Cephalandra Indica. These medications are either used stand alone or along with other medications as adjunct. Homeopathic medicines look to cure the inherent disorder, and do not have any side effects, thus are safe for diabetics.
Related Tip: "5 Tips to Control Diabetes Through Diet"