Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivam
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ShivamYour feedback matters!
Coronary artery disease is the disease in which the major blood vessels (coronary arteries) that supply blood, nutrients and oxygen to your heart get damaged or disease stricken. It is mostly caused due to the coronary artery getting plagued or inflamed. The consequent reduction in blood flow to the heart causes the various symptoms of coronary artery disease like angina (chest pain), short breath etc.
Here is a list of a few symptoms that help in identification of the coronary artery disease.
1. Angina - Pressure or tightness may be felt in or near the area of the chest that results in pain. It is mostly felt in the middle or left side of the chest.
2. Shortness of breath - Another symptom of coronary artery disease is short breath, fatigue and a feeling of exertion.
3. Heart attack - Complete blockage of the coronary artery results in a heart attack that is a prominent symptom of coronary artery disease. A person may feel heavy pressure in the chest, pain in the shoulder or arm, sweating etc. prior to getting a heart attack.
Coronary artery disease occurs when damage or injury is done to the inner layer of the coronary artery. This damage causes plaque, which are deposits made of fat, cholesterol and other cellular waste materials to accumulate near the damaged area of the artery. This process is known as atherosclerosis.
The various causes that result in coronary artery damage are listed below.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- High stress
- Physical inactivity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
My father has non obstructive CAD, How often should he take heart related tests and what are the lifestyle changes that he should make to prevent risk of heart attack.
Sir, I want to know that my cholesterol is 228. I have hypertension and taking medicine for that. In summers my bp remains 130/ 90 or 130/80 without medicine. Do I need to take medicine regularly. With this much cholesterol level do I need to take medicine or diet and exercise will work only.
My mother is 50 years old. She is suffering from high blood pressure and it has been very long time. Please give some tips and solution to control or prevent from this.
Dear Sir/Ma'am, From 2 years I am in acidity, low blood pressure but now I feel daily mood changes, imbalance in body temperature, hair loss constipation, slow Heart rate, constipation, back bone pain till head, constipation, neck not move easily around easily, irregular constipation, I feel daily pain in my body. So please suggest me best medicine and treatment. I request you.
Blood sugar/BP patient for the last more than 10 years. FBS fluctuate between 125 to 170 whenever got tested. BP about 140 - 85. Having ZOMELIS MET 50 /1000, asomex 5 and glizid 40, one each per day. Suggest for normalizing sugar level.
1. Essential oil:
How to treat shortness of breath-essential oil
This is the first home remedy on how to treat shortness of breath you should know. Essential oil is well-known as the treatment for bronchitis, one of causes of shortness of breath. Bronchitis is the condition when the lining of bronchial tubes is affected and inflamed. If you experience the bronchitis, you will face difficulty in breathing. It is accompanied by cough. A study in 2000 showed that essential oil is effective in treating bronchitis as well as shortness of breath. Essential oil should be taken by mouth in order to achieve the great results.
How to treat shortness of breath-boswellia
When you suffer from dyspnea which is caused by asthma, boswellia is the excellent home remedy on how to treat shortness of breath. Asthma is the condition that makes your airway passages swell and narrow. As a result, asthma leads to shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. The asthma symptoms are uncomfortable and sometimes fatal. Therefore, it is important to be careful if you want to look for natural solutions instead of medication and treatments which the doctors advise. However, many studies and evidences showed that boswellia is effective in treating shortness of breath caused by asthma.
3. Healthy diet:
How to treat shortness of breath-healthy diet
Shortness of breath can be caused by heart attack. If you suffer shortness of breath and other severe problems such as chest pain, discomfort in neck, back and jaw, nausea, you should call the doctors and make an appointment to get diagnosed. The reason may be that if the heart attack is not treated soon and carefully, it will lead to death. Fortunately, you can reduce the risk of heart attack as well as shortness of breath by following the healthy diet including various red meat, fish, fresh fruit and green vegetables. Many scientific evidences showed that omega-3 fatty acids can keep you from heart attack. Therefore, if you want to look for the natural solution on how to treat shortness of breath, healthy diet including fishy oil and omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of shortness of breath.
4. Avoid stress and anxiety:
How to treat shortness of breath-avoid stress and anxiety
As I mentioned before, stress and anxiety as well as panic attack may be the causes of shortness of breath. Therefore, if you want to avoid dyspnea or know the ways on how to treat shortness of breath, you should reduce and eliminate stress, anxiety. When the panic attacks, it can be terrifying. The reason may be that panic attack symptoms are similar to heart attack. The body is paralyzed by fear and anxiety while it is difficult for you to have physical reaction. It is said that shortness of breath caused by panic is common. Supplement inositol may help you in that case.
5. Lose weight:
How to treat shortness of breath-lose weight
Because obesity can make you breathe difficultly, the need to lose weight is important if you want to cure shortness of breath. The extra weight can put the pressure on your lung and your heart, especially when you try doing the heavy exercises that you are not used to. Therefore, you should follow the diet and weight lost program in order to shed excess weight. Because obesity is the main cause of many diseases including lung disease, heart disease and high blood pressure, losing weight can help you to improve the overall health.
How to treat shortness of breath-herbs
Allergies to pollen, mold and dander may be the trigger of shortness of breath. Many herbs can help you cure and prevent allergies. For example, as the best herb on how to treat shortness of breath at home, the herbal extract butterbur can work as an antihistamine in order to help you fight allergies from pollen.
In conclusion, there are 6 ways on how to treat shortness of breath that I want to introduce to you. I want to note that this article is only for informational purpose. If you have any opinions and experience, please share with me by leaving it bellow. I am glad for your contribution.