Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivakumara Swamy T S
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumara Swamy T SYour feedback matters!
How does a doctor know if his patient has high BP. Does he monitor his BP for few days or straight away start BP medicine from the first day the patient visits for consultation. In my case I just visited the cardiologist for the first time and he prescribed me telma am 40 mg for high BP.
I am 73 years old. I want to quit taking restyl (Aplozoram) tablet .5 mg which I take to sleep. I am also Diabetic Type 2 and under medication for benign Hypertension. Metformin 500 mg 1 - 0 - 1 and Amilodopin 10 mg 1 - 0 - 0 Almost for 10 yrs. I get weird dreams at night, of my earlier life. Kindly let me know how I can get rid of addiction Aplozoram. Are the dreams due to beta blockers? If so can you prescribe alternate medicines for my hypertension.
I have a little stinger pain in my chest that I feel only if I press on chest (left side. Apart from this everything is normal. What could be the reason?
I have been diagnosed with hypertension last week, 150/100, after taking the tablet its 140/90, is that curable? What measures should be taken so that I don't have to be on a tablet? Age 50, gender female, weight 65.
I undergone ecg 2d eho tests everything came normal I'm suffering for hyper acidity please help me severe heart pain feels like heart attack I'm using omaze and gelusil capsules but of no use please suggest me to get instant relief please.
I am struggling with the symptoms of pcos like hair growth, skin pigmentation, obesity, infertility, high bp, type 2 diabetes and acne. I am planning to go for bariatric surgery. How much is the cost of bariatric surgery in india? and will this acne, hair growth and skin pigmentation problems be sorted out automatically afterwards. Suggest some of the best surgeons available in india for this type of surgeries and name of economic hospitals too for the same.
I am a heart patient and can you suggest some medicine to clear arteries. I do not want mechanical treatment. Thanks.
I am 48 years lady suffering from spondylosis of L 5 and C 3. Also I have problem of frozen shoulder. There is lot of pain in moving my right hand backwards and on up side. I am also suffering from high cholesterol and low BP. Kindly send your advice.
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!