Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumara Swamy T SYour feedback matters!
I am 56y old. No sugar or b.p. But breast operated right side in2006. I knew that slight maligamy for my left valve of heart in 2006 but not a problem for my breast operation I took keemo and ok. But since 3 years right hand is swelling and recovering but no pain or problem. Breathing air is forcedly coming out from mouth when I slept on left side. Is this harmful? What to do?
My 27 years wife is pregnent with 3 months. He is suffering from heart jitter (Dil ghabrana) Mai usko 2 baar 2 alag alag Lady docter ko dikha chuka hu lekin wo har baar kuch medicines aur suppliment likh deti hain aur theek ho jayega keh kar bhej deti hain. Abhi kal se bahut jyada dil ghabrane lga hai unki medicines se bhi aaraam nhi ho raha. Ab mai kya karu? Dr. Change karu ya fir heart specialist ko dikhau. Please suggest me as soon as possible.
I want some information about heart attack and how I improve the this condition because j have heart problem so give m sajetion.
Sir I am suffering from chest pain which attacks rarely. It will be a few seconds but the pain is severe. May I know wt should I do. My age group is 22.
I am suffering from severe Gas and Acidity Problem since last 6-7 years took so many medicine but not getting relief due to this I have a pain in my heart like needle putting in my heart and sticky motion. Releasing gas is very difficult.
My grandpa had a 2 heart attack. Then he had 2 days before standing. Now he's having pain in his back bone. After consulting we got to know that is bone density is low and also there's wedging in his D 12 vertebrae what to do next.
I am 40 years old diabetic patient and also I am a science teacher, my last fbbs is 109 mg/dl, PPbs is 153 mg/dl, HbA1c is 5.6 mg/dl, Uric acid is 7.0 mg/dl, SGOT is 50 mg/dl, SGPT is 45 mg/dl, creatinine level is 1.4 mg/dl, whole abdomen sonography is ok, kub is ok, Blood pressure is150/80mg/dl, what is the position my health now if anything serious Dan tell me and please say how to control it? Can I eat vegetables like lady's finger and cabbage? I take tablet furic20 for uric acid, is it good for to lower uric acid level? Is Rose petal good for blood pressure?
I am suffering from pain left side lightly once my body was straight right move the chest pain was occurred. Please suggestions.
I am 27 years old I am suffering from high blood pressure and pain in my heart from 5 days. Please advise.
Dear doctor, I AM MALE ,age- 29 and underweight, I had got cholesterol tests done a few days ago. My HDL- 36 mg per dl, LDL- 114 mg per dl, total cholesterol- 154 mg. Thyroid profile is normal as well. Due to chronic anxiety my weight is reduced about 4 kgs. Now I'm underweight. My question is if one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety or stress or depression, HDL good cholesterol will reduce? And LDL bad cholesterol will increase?
I had a blockage in artery for which doctor performed angioplasty last year. What should I take care so that is doesn't repeat?
Sir, my blood pressure often become high when some tension on my mind and when I eat some oily dishes so please tell me what I do?
Sir/madam, I have fluids in my chest, after examination doctor confirmed that it's TB. He prescribed" Akurit 4" daily 3 tablets in the morning after break fast for initial 2 months. Now, I want to know is it a correct treatment for TB. Please help me.
In susceptible patients, this small increase may actually be able to trigger a heart attack or stroke. In the study, which appeared in a recent issue of the journal hypertension, researchers tested 83 people as they breathed levels of air pollution similar to those in an urban city near a roadway. The air pollution caused diastolic pressure, the lower number in a blood pressure reading -- to rise within two hours. Blood vessels were impaired for as long as 24 hours. Tests showed that microscopic particles in the air, rather than ozone gases, caused the rise in blood pressure and impaired blood vessel function. If there is a high forecast for air pollution levels, then those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease should avoid unnecessary outdoor activity.
Blood vessels were impaired for as long as 24 hours. Tests showed that microscopic particles in the air, rather than ozone gases, caused the rise in blood pressure and impaired blood vessel function. If air pollution levels are forecasted to be high, those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease should avoid unnecessary outdoor activity.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks an I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggested what should be done?
My husband is 28 year old. He has right side chest pain, not exactly the pain he feels like pricking from past 1 years. Please suggest him the solution.
My mother 81 yrs old has developed one side tremors & her tongue became painful, heavy & unable to talk (very difficult to spell)& eat properly. She is having high B.P. ,heart problem, severe chronic constipation (without taking any laxative high dose she cannot pass on stool) &after taking it she becomes completely bed ridden she can not bear it. very much depressed. lost weight from 55 kg to 38 kg. acidity sleeplessness etc. she is taking medications for b.p. problem, heart problem,acidity problem. she wants to live life but now she has become hopeless.Is there any medication for her severe tremors & constipation. She is having two mentally retarded adult children one son aged 55 yrs & one daughter aged 62 yrs She is living very stressful life at Mumbai. Pl suggest her.
Blood pressure readings above 140/90 are classified as hypertension or high blood pressure. Hypertension causes straining of blood vessels and an interruption in the blood flow. There are no specific symptoms, but prolonged hypertension can lead to a heart stroke.
Listed below are a few ways to reduce high blood pressure:
- Limit your salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body, leading to high blood pressure. To avert hypertension, cut down on your daily salt intake to a maximum of one tablespoon.
- Indulge in physical exercise: If you are suffering from pre-hypertension (mild hypertension), it can be avoided or controlled by engaging in physical exercise such as brisk walk, swimming or playing a sport. Exercising regularly can lower blood pressure levels by 5 mmHg (millimetres of mercury).
- Bask in the sun: Exposure to sunlight alters the nitric oxide levels in your blood which leads to reduction in blood pressure. Thus, soaking up the sun can prove to be a great way to avoid a stroke in future.
- Add ginger and cardamom to your diet: The two spices, ginger and cardamom, provide required warmth to your body and help in stabilising the circulation of blood in your body and help in bringing down blood pressure levels.
- Add more green vegetables to your diet: Green vegetables, preferably the leafy ones, are rich in nutrients such as magnesium, iron and folate which help in maintaining the blood circulation that is essential for combating high blood pressure.
- Switch to decaf coffee: If you can’t give up coffee entirely, switch to decaf beverages as caffeine is responsible for tightening your blood vessels which leads to increased stress and blood pressure levels.
- Start drinking tea: Herbals teas such as chamomile, ginger, green tea and hibiscus tea contain herbal properties which soothe your blood vessels and nourish the blood flow. Herbal teas also help in hydration and rejuvenation of fluids in your body.
- Update your playlist: Music is proven to be therapeutic and updating your playlist with soothing Sufi, Celtic or Instrumental tunes can help you relax your mind and combat stress related blood pressure spikes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Eating potato in baked, boiled, mashed or crisp 4-5 servings a week can increase the risk of developing high blood pressure.