Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivakumara Swamy
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumara SwamyYour feedback matters!
I have little pain near heart. I also feel some vibration near heart. I am facing this problem for last 1 year. I have acidity problem also. But I am afraid if I have some heart problem. I also get ECG from my Dr. last year that was normal. Please give you opinion on this.
Mere papa ka heart 75% damage ho gaya hai after 2 heart attack only 25% heart working is conditions main mere pass or koi options hai papa ko thik karne ka Unki age 62 hai.
Can a hole in heart can be treated of a baby girl child 15 days what is the treatment surgery or other treatments I want brief solutions.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I was tested my cholesterol in free office camp. The result is 222.77 mg/dL. Please tell me it is high? And advice me what I should take precautions. My age is 37.
Sometimes I felt that a needle pinned in my heart, which was felt very painful for a few seconds. And the very next seconds it will be alright.
My father is having heart disease and his treatment is going in AIIMS, New Delhi. After having angiography test, doctor reported that my father is having triple vessel disease. Doctor told that 2 main blockage can be opened by inserting stent and for the other, medication is required or other then this CABG can be also done. Now the doctor wants to know my decision among this 2 option. I am confused. please suggest me what should I tell to the doctor?
Hi, M having pain in the right side of chest. I believe it is because of gastric issue. It was slightly swollen up in the right side of my chest. Kindly advise what could be the reason & treatment for the same. Thanks.
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I get sudden heart palpitation, my bp raises to 135/90 and heart beat 85 - 95 p/min. I am getting white smoky phlegm always, pain and tightness all over my chest upto throat. I am 44 years old female. Please advise?
Hi, recently I have chest pain with left shoulder pain, I had checked the ECG, but its fine. What should i do now?
My blood pressure is 170/110. I am taking medicine and it's almost 1 month I am in control I can see improvements like it has been reduced to 165/94 I have checked it 2 days without taking the medicine. Is it possible to completely eradicate at least like 150/90? Is it possible to cure blood pressure fully since I am at very early age of 26 I don't want to depend on medicine. Kindly suggest me some diet or more to achieve my target with least use of medicine. Or based on my physical data if someone can suggest something.
My creatinine level is 1.4,Which are the foods that I should completely avoid, please mention by name if you can. My age is 56. I am an indian. I am on medication for BP and cholesterol (olmatec20 and atorav10 mg) and also omnic OCA's 0.4 for prostate. Can I take ragi ie millet. Thank you.
A discomfort in chest accompanied by shortness of breath and a tingling sensation in fingers or toes might be a sign of hyperventilation, more commonly known as panic attacks. This is the condition wherein you need more amount of oxygen than normal.
And, you need to be aware of the symptom, especially if you are suffering from COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). With COPD, experiencing symptoms of hyperventilation may turn adverse, and there are enough reasons to know the ways to manage it, which is indeed possible.
Hyperventilating or over-breathing can be accompanied by or can cause various symptoms in people. Apart from the common symptoms described above, some patients may also experience dizziness, palpitations, sweating profusely, wheeze, feelings of suffocation or choking, tinnitus, weakness, etc. Some may also feel highly anxious or tensed. Though very uncommon, still, one may suffer from loss of consciousness as a result of hyperventilating.
Dealing with hyperventilation
Depending on the severity and type of hyperventilation, the available treatment option may vary from person to person. From various home remedies to certain prescribed drugs, treatments are available easily. However, it’s through practicing a few techniques on noticing the symptoms that can help one deal with hyperventilation. Some of those useful methods are, breathing through pursed lips, holding the breath for 10 to 15 seconds, trying to take deep breaths into the belly rather than in the chest and breathing slowly into cupped hands or a paper bag. These techniques will help regulate the breathing.
- As with many conditions, being aware of the preventive measures is crucial to managing the symptoms and the same is true with hyperventilation as well. A few measures to follow by COPD patients to prevent hyperventilation
- Wearing tight fitting clothes restrict normal breathing. Therefore, wearing clothes that are loose on the upper chest portion can assist in preventing over breathing.
- Opting for light exercises regularly (approved by the doctors, as having COPD needs extra attention in activities) helps in reducing stress levels and anxiety, which again can play a crucial role in preventing hyperventilating.
- Though initially, it may be difficult, still, one must try to breathe through his or her nose and close the mouth for preventing over-breathing, as closed mouth makes it extremely difficult to hyperventilate.
- Further, sleeping well during the night, eating a balanced diet, reducing the intake of caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee, and practicing various techniques for relaxation can be helpful too in preventing hyperventilation.
In case, the episodes of hyperventilation last for more than 30 minutes, even after trying all the techniques mentioned above, one should not delay in seeking necessary medical attention.
Growing episodes of hyperventilation or over-breathing can leave one feeling breathless. Therefore, when people with COPD notice any symptom of hyperventilation, consulting with pulmonology specialist must be of top priority. Neglecting this particular condition for an extended period may end up causing further complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!