Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumara SwamyYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure, which is often a result of hypertension, is the leading risk factor for a stroke, which in turn leads to severe and long-term disability, including death. Managing your blood sugar levels is the most critical thing you can do to lessen your risk of a stroke, and you should leave no stone unturned in keeping your blood pressure at optimum levels.
What causes a stroke
A stroke, which is often referred to as a brain attack, takes place when the supply of blood to a particular region of the brain is cut off. The brain cells which are deprived of the oxygen and glucose die, and when the ailment is not caught early, a permanent damage to the brain can follow.
How is high blood pressure related to a stroke
Uncontrolled blood pressure levels can increase the risk of a stroke by about four to six times. With the passage of time, hypertension causes atherosclerosis as well as hardening of major arteries. This often results in blockages of small blood vessels present in the brain. With high blood pressure for a long period of time, the blood vessels of the brain become weak and burst. This way the risk of a stroke is directly related to the high levels of blood pressure.
What can you do to keep your blood pressure under control
There is a lot you can do to keep the chance of a stroke at bay. But the first thing you should try doing is keeping your blood pressure level normal. Some simple lifestyle changes can help you to lead a risk-free life and therefore, you should first aim at shedding off those extra pounds along your waistline.
In general, a man with a waistline measuring over 40 inches and a woman with that over 35 inches is at a higher risk of suffering from high blood pressure as well as a stroke. You should exercise regularly for at least half an hour and eat a well-regulated diet loaded with fibre, proteins, potassium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Stay away from junk food and maintain a food diary where you can jot down your honest food habits.
It is very important to lower down your high blood pressure in order to avoid risks of stroke. But if you fail to do so even after following a healthy routine, then it is crucial to consult a doctor who can help you by prescribing medications that are right for your medical condition.
Why homeopathy is good to control your high blood pressure
According to statistics put forward by the world health organization, high blood pressure affects about 600 million people all over the world and causes about 5 million premature deaths every year.
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is many times called the silent killer as it doesn't reveal any visible damage. But it does cause significant damage to the heart, brain, eyes and kidneys.
What are the causes of hypertension?
Certain factors cause your arteries to have consistently high levels of blood pressure and based on these factors your hypertension gets classified into the following:
- Primary hypertension: if the condition doesn't have an identifiable cause, it is known as primary hypertension. This form of high blood pressure develops slowly but surely over many years.
- Secondary hypertension: this type of hypertension is characterized by identifiable causes that can be corrected with treatment. About 5-10% of cases in the world are secondary in nature. It is usually caused by an underlying problem and tends to appear all of a sudden.
Factors that fall under it are:
- kidney problems
- sleep apnea
- thyroid problems
- adrenal gland problems
- alcohol abuse
Role of homeopathy in treating high blood pressure
Apart from conventional forms of medicine, homeopathy is also considered to be an effective treatment of high blood pressure. The treatment is tailor-made to your needs as it takes into consideration your external and internal environments. This is because the experiences that you may have and the characteristics of the disease that you display are not the same as the other affected person. It works by viewing your disease as a disturbance that affects your entire body and not just a specific body part.
It not only cures blood pressure but also the reason for high blood pressure so that it does not increase again when your mind or body faces stress.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Why It's Ideal to Treat Insomnia With Homeopathy
I feel very tensed and my heart rate is 86 I am 21 year male. How can I reduce to normal heart rate?
Hello doctor Mera age 49 me last 10 years she gym kar raha hu. Oily Khan' b nahi khata no drink no smoke no gutka weight training b or cardio b 30 kg weight k saath 1 km run abi mer,a weight h 83 kg height 6 fit Me part-time me fitness trainer b hu na bp ki prob LM h no sugar ki 16 June ko muze attack pada 100% block main artri stunt DLA h samz me nahi aata ye kaise ho gaya abi doctor said gym wala carrier bhool jao Only walk kro bas kya ye sach h pls help full life medcin khana padega life neeras ho gai kya pls help doctors.
Im taking ciplar20 to lower heart beat prescribed by Dr. Now my fever is high and heart beat rate is increasing so what can I do?
Since last 2-3 days I am having a constant fear of death. The thought revolves around heart attack. Though I did ecg last month which came out fine. Just sinus tachycardia. For sometime I feel fine and again the thought comes and feel anxious. The heart rate is 110 to 115. What could be reason for this. I am very scared.
I am suffering from fever for last 2 week. And I have chest pain. What can I do. Give me suggestion.
I am having pain in my right chest from last 15 days only if something hits there what is the best way to get resolved.
1) Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2) They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A1 and C.
3) It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4) Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5)Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6) Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7) Dates also help in lowering of the LDL cholesterol.
8) Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages.
9) Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10) It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11) Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
12) Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.Cures abdominal cancer.
13) It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.