Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva Kumar. Y.SYour feedback matters!
I am a 46 year old male and my height is 5'9" and weight is 84 kg. Whenever I want to exercise, I have a feeling that crystals are stored in my joints and they give pain. I had two bad experiences of Kidney stones, which I got away with by drinking onion soup. Most of the time my Uric acid levels are high, about 7.5 which is alarming. Please suggest how the crystals in the joints get dissolved, so that I can play some sports which I am very much interested in.
I feel itching in my whole leg (specially at the thighs and back side of knee). This makes me very uncomfortable.
I am 37 years, I do not have any problem in walking, running, but when ever I climb the stairs I have shooting pain in my knee. At times it is in the right and sometimes in left. please suggest any medicine.
I have joint pain in my leg from 2 week. I have get medicine for it but doesn't reduce my pain. So what she'll I do?
I am 25 year old male sometimes I have a pulsating pain in the back of my head on the left side should I consider it as a migraine.
I have pain above hip only left side. I don't know exactly where the pain that is on the skin or inner part on that area (kidney). In January I took USG abdomen & pelvic scan everything was normal. What is the reason for pain?
2 years. Ago I extracted my premolar, post which I am having chewing and swallowing issue, slowly post few month I had neck pain but I was suspected with gerd, then I started getting bubble like feeling while lying down whenever I used to inhale, then I started coughing on inhalation. Till today I have all these problems with additional upper back pain. I have swallowing problem, neck and upper back pain, bubble like feeling, cough on inhalation while lying for more than a year now. I have taken antacids, anti allergic, pain killers and what not. Steaming helps me, it reduces everything ,but gives a temporary relief. Please help.
I am 20 years male and have ache in the joint of the leg. I tried on different medicine but it does not give relief.
Hello doctor I am 7 months pregnant and I have swelling in my feet and hands and I feel little pain also in my feet and hands please tell why this happen?
MAIN 24 Saal Ka ek ladka hu. Mere right knee me pain hota hai jab bhi main jada der tak niche baith jata hu. Khade hone me takleef hoti hai. Please koi treatment ya medicine suggest kijye.
I am 20 years old female. I have too much white fluid problem. With this problem I have too much backache, legs pain and weakness alot. What should I do?
Few weeks ago, while exercising in the gym, all of a sudden my left shoulder started paining and since then I have got therapies and massaged it but still it is not completely alright, still the pain exists. So what should I do now to get it completely healed.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.