Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shiva Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from kidney disease from last 4 year, my sr. creatinine is 1.9 and blood urea is 67, please tell me about treatment of this disease, am take medicine daily telemastarin 40, nodsis 500 mg and attorvastin 10 mg , please tell me is better solution and also tell about damage I mean to say what percent of my kidney damage .
I have been operated 10 years back for kidney stone. Since than I get pain, on movement, on the kidney side after eating tomatoes, palak,kaju or chocolates. I take homeopathic medicine for that and get relief in 2-3 days. Homeo doctor says that is due to some allergy. Is there any permanent cure for this ailment. Pls Suggest. Ultrasound has been done 4-5 times and there are no kidney stones at present.
Sir/Ma'm, I am having pain in my urethra. Having urge to urinate again and again. It's paining since 1 day. No inflammation in urethra or any injury. I do have a kidney stone around 3 mm. Kindly advise soon. Not able to rest properly. Thank you.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old male. I have pain in my Anus after passing a stool and a little bit blood is coming with the stool. The pain is coming only when the stool is very hard. Is this symptom of piles? Please advise me thankyou.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!