Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffered with piepul on my cheeks what should I do for this problem. If any medicine in Medical shops over cum this problem.
What is the best way to get rid of these problems, I have been facing these problems for 6 years Pimples, oils forms on skin very much and white heads on around nose and lips. Please help me with these.
I had taken a treatment for a vitiligo skin problem its improves by a phototherapy now its turns to a my original skin color now what should I do. It will not turns again a white color na.
I use a face whitening cream last time when I use it at morning and after use I go to the park after playing my face skin is going to crack and red in colour.
I have pain in my both breasts. Actually it is very tight from inside feel like stones and its very painful. please help what can I do.
My lowerlid of eyes are puffed so which laser treatment or peeling treatment you will recommend me and cost. And I have wrinkles and dark circle too.
How to control oily skin. My skin become shiny and oily daily becoming more pimples. Please kindly feed back.
I m 35 year man. My cheeks are thin and like very ugly. Its stretch inside, gives thin face, inner mouth space aee little. We her I was 18-20. It was fuller chubi cheeks. But then after it down& dow.n. so I looks very poor and like bager...pls. Suggest
I am 20 and I have blackheads and pores on my face so what should I do. Tell me any one particular medicine.
My skin is extremely dull & I have dark circles too. I am using spectacles from back 12 years. Day by day my skin gain more dullness & darkness. Plzz tell me some simple home remedies which I can use easily & some simple rules for healthy skin.
My whole body skin get cracked in winter. I have to cover my legs and hands with winter clothes, what should I do?
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.