Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa Sri SkYour feedback matters!
Have tried a lot to quit smoking but can't quit. Please tell me the fastest way to avoid smoking and tell medication as well if possible. Thank You.
I am 30 year old. I think I am suffering from dyslexia. Can some one diagnosis my prob. And give right treatment.
I am 26years old I got fever and my lips are getting bigger, and my hand and my feet are getting pain and itching on the spot then in the spot it is too hot like burning I need cure help me.
Dear sir, My mom facing heavy headache and body pain since yesterday morning, could you please suggest which tablet should have. She s diabetes and age s 61.
Sir when I trying to say something I fell stammering I take suggestion by physiatristAnd also done speech therapy but my problem not solve. What should I do?
I am so distracted dose days. Basically my decision making skills r pretty good. Bt dose days am unable to figure out whats wrong. I barely concentrate n sometimes feel like I have nothing to do. I feel so much depressed n lonely .body pains, alertlessness, inactive, lazy n weak r the common symptoms.
I'm always feel like doubting my girl friend. But it's leading to break up but really I'm true love on her. Some time m getting fear abt her. How I can be practical.
Self esteem is how one judges oneself. This judgement is based on various parameters and also experiences from childhood. While a positive self esteem allows a person to form a realistic sense of self and their surroundings, low self esteem can cause a problem to harbour a negative and defeatist attitude about themselves and life in general. Below, are mentioned top 10 causes for poor self esteem:
1. CHILD ABUSE AND PUNISHMENT: if someone has undergone physical and emotional abuse as a child, then the implied message that the child gets about themselves is that they are bad and deserve to be punished. Most likely culprits are parents, relatives, neighbours, strangers and teachers. Every child requires love, attention, praise and affection while growing up so that they can develop a healthy sense of self. Parental ill treatment and negligence can make the child feel insecure, abandoned and mistrustful of people. This hampers with their ability to develop secure relationships as a child and as an adult. They could even develop anti social behaviours like aggressiveness, which could lead to low self esteem.
2. EXCESSIVE CRITICISM AND COMPARISONS: Parents tend to excessively criticise their children over trivial issues like mastering a task in young age and comparing with other children or siblings over studies, looks and behaviour. When a child is constantly reminded that he is no good, it results in the child feeling shame and inadequate in themselves. Such events create a feeling of worthlessness and pessimism and hesitancy to work towards positive thinking.
3. EXPECTATIONS: Some parents have unrealistic expectations from their children which may not be age appropriate or what the child wants to do. If a child is constantly reminded of this, then he gets the feelings of letting down his parents which bring on feelings of guilt. It usually happens with parents who have some unfulfilled dreams of their own. As an adult, such people will suffer from poor self esteem as they would constantly feel that they don't measure up to people's expectations of them.
4. PHYSICAL LOOKS: If a person thinks that their physical appearance is lesser in comparison to another person, then it could lead to feelings of poor self esteem. In a society which is driven by physical beauty, this is a very common cause for self esteem issues, especially for girls.
5. FINANCIAL AND SOCIAL POSITION: If a person is constantly comparing their financial and social position to people who are at a higher level, then it calls for poor sense of self. Feelings of inferiority and insignificance could get highlighted.
6. UNFULLFILLED DREAMS: When peoples dreams and desires remain unfulfilled despite hard work, they treat failure as an ultimate truth which results in poor self image.
7. UNEMPLOYMENT: Unemployment can make a person feel unsafe, insecure, helpless and worthless. Inability to provide for their family can be very daunting and lead to poor self esteem.
8. BETRAYAL: Betrayal in a romantic relationship and/or significant relationships can rob a person of his trust on themselves and make them think that there is something wrong with them.
9. ILL HEALTH: If a person has been suffering ill health/ disability for some time, it can rob them of self confidence to do tasks independently. If the quality of life is compromised or they are unable to maintain social relationships due to ill health, then it can become a reason for poor sense of self.
10. NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES: Negative experiences are a part of everyone's lives. If for some reason, a person goes through a string of such experiences like demotion, betrayal, unemployment, isolation, etc, the person starts thinking that something is wrong with them and they have done something to deserve it.
It is important to think positively and have a realistic image of self, others and situations. Counselling and Psychotherapy can help people immensely to overcome such experiences, re-parent themselves and work on their strengths and limitations and develop a healthy sense of self.
Can't get this girl out of my mind ,love her like hell ,she doesn't gives a damn making me addicted to drugs and all the other shit .Lost all hope ,can't study ,completely depressed .Haven't eaten but a couple of bananas from over last ten days .Doesn't feel like eating ,sleeping .Want a way out ,a permanent solution .Carry enormous hope .don't wanna let my beloved ones down.
How to increase height. How increase weight and body. And how to overcome from stress Sometimes occur a pimples on my face, my face is few oily then how to prevent.
I wanna forget my loved one. I am 26 years old. I am feeling horrible with his memories. The thoughts disturbing me. No sleep. Continues cry.Please tell.
I am in too much confusion, I think either I gonna mad or really need a psychiatrist. Sir my problem is that I have a sexual fantasy that includes the threesome sex . Whenever I imagine having sex with my gf with including a other male guy I turns on.I asked for this to my girlfriend initially she said no directly but now she is ready for the same, we also arranged a guy wo will join us, ultimately this guy is her colleague and he is also ready for the same, when everything done, then this time I am stepping back from this fantasy but when again I thought of it it turns me on badly. . Please help me whats wrong with me?Should I go for it?
Hi. Sir, me bahut jada gutka khata hu isiliye me Nicotex nicotine gum use kar raha hu .but kitni dose & Konsa time per khana he .Advice lena chata hu.
Hi I am 20 year old male. I have anxiety problem. I know I have over thinking problem. What should I do to stop over thinking and neglect anxiety for forever.
Hello Doctor, My lover is not talking with me for 2 days and I'm not forgetting her and having studying problem how I forget her please.
HI doctor I am 19 years old. I am over tensed about everything. Does over Stress or fear causes psoriasis? Does fear of psoriasis diseases causes it?
I am 27years old female. After this earthquake, I always feel like either building is shaking or balance of body is not in center. Please help.
Good afternoon sir, I am suffering from headache, and I have lot of Tension's how I forget that all tension in my mind? Could you please give me a better solution to me.
Symptoms of Autism
Hi! Good morning! This is Dr. Rakesh Jain. I’m a Pediatric Neurologist working at Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon.
Today, I’m going to talk briefly about autism which is very commonly seen nowadays, in children. I would like to tell you what are the common symptoms and how would you identify autism in the early childhood.
A child at the age of one year who doesn’t do finger pointing, who doesn’t have good eye contact, doesn’t start uttering a single word, doesn’t have a joint attention or there are some other concern like child doesn’t mix up with the children of his own age, then, you must suspect either, there is some problem in hearing and accordingly you should go to a pediatrician to get him checked.
So, first of all, pediatrician would ask you to do a hearing test. If the hearing test is normal, then, we must think about the diagnosis of autism. It is called autistic spectrum disorder. It could be mild, moderate, severe. It may be associated with some other problems like some behavior problems, hyperactivity, poor attention, poor memory, epilepsy, so on and so forth. So, it is really important to diagnose this disorder as early as we can so that we can identify the cause of it and we can try to mend it accordingly.
And, there is no cure as such for autism. That’s the scary thing that there is no cure but having diagnosed it properly, early in life, we could do so many things, lots of therapies, for example, occupational therapy, speech therapy, sensory integration, psychological support and there are some medication as well to help with the comorbidities, not to treat the disorder as a core treatment .
If you want to know any further about it, and if your child is having any of the symptoms please, do contact your local pediatrician for basic screening and if you want to reach me, you could either visit me or you could connect me through Lybrate.
Thank you very much for your kind attention!