Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old boy. My eyes is very small. What should I do now. please suggest me some tips for my eyes?
I have a sitting job. Computer work. I have put on so many kilograms. I do not eat as mucg food. Its only basic meals. Suggest me some measures to loose weight and be healthy at the same time. I don't wanna look fat and be a victim of obesity.
I am 27 Years old. My left eye is effected. And comes out water continuously, I take medicine but don't cure. please help me, what to do?
My father has undergone cataract operation for his both eyes. Now in one eye his vision in not clear. What we should do under this condition?
I am 27 years old male. I have colour blindness, gynecomastia, night falls, acne vulgaris, body odour after sweating. Are these problems curable? What medications I can follow?
I also have an eye problem in the left eye. At first there were floaters and 2 black dots. I went for check up 3 times but after scanning all the report's were normal. I feel a bit heavy in left eye. Some times its burning. Doctor also gave me some eye drops as they say due to dryness. What is that. It is still there.
Hi Eyes r painful n forehead is heavy after being affected 4m throat infection n fever. Kindly suggest med 4 d same. Ty Dr.
I am not able to see well whenever if I watch t v for mor than 10min my eyes starts to blink and the eyes lost the continuity to watch TV even I also wear spectacles but no result found Consult me for this problem.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month I am having all symptom of adrenal or pituitary cancer. Such as numbness and tingling in whole body. Excessive hair growth on whole body even on eyebrows and new hair growth on body. Bone and muscle pain. Reduction in testicle size. Chest and lower abdomen enlargement too much. I am having bp 150/100. And sugar level is decreasing .it is 66 after meals. Earlier I had two ultrasound and one plain MRI of abdomen when I used to have light pain. That time came right renal cortical cust. But now my pain on abdomen is more even on eating and drinking. No gastric issue. And a shooting pain in the left half head of abdomen. At a point on backside. Even on pressing. My vision is also reduced. Which tumour I can have in pituitary or adrenal?
I have watery eyes for 10 days. When I cleans the eyes with handkerchief eyes got pain. What should I do?
I had neat white eyes suddenly my eyes are turning light yellow I am observing this for last 1 year and I don't think this is jaundice symptom because I did not sense any other jaundice symptom but my urine is dark yellow sometimes than in advance.
Visual disorders are seen to develop in school going children and should be taken care of with utmost care as neglecting such disorders may affect their learning ability. They might find it hard to adjust and cope in school. Some of the common visual disorders which children are affected with are mentioned below. Read more to find out about them:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia is a medical condition in which an eye has developed poor vision. It is also known as 'Lazy Eye'. It occurs when the vision in one eye is significantly better than the other. Amblyopia occurs due to strabismus or misaligned eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis or 'Pink Eye' occurs in children due to allergic reaction which is not contagious or due to bacterial or viral infections which are very contagious. If infected with conjunctivitis, it is advisable to stay at home to avoid spreading the infection.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. In this condition, the cornea is steep and the rays of light fall in front of the retina. This leads closer objects to look clear but far off objects to look blurred.
- Hyperopia: Hyperopia implies farsightedness. In this condition, the eye is shorter than normal hence the rays of light cannot focus clearly on the retina. This results in objects close at hand appear blurred. Reading a book or threading a needle becomes difficult.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is a condition in which both near and far off images appear blurred. In this condition, the cornea which is naturally circular is stretched in either horizontal or vertical direction. Astigmatism can occur along with myopia or hyperopia.
- Blocked tear duct: When the tear ducts are partially or completely obstructed, it hampers the drainage of tears and results in a chronically, watery infected eye. You are advised to consult an ophthalmologist if such a condition occurs.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Cellulitis generally occurs due to an eyelid infection or an upper respiratory Infection. Cellulitis includes swelling of the eyelids and fever. It is a serious medical condition and it is recommended to consult a doctor for consultation.