Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am in great trouble. I have been ill for 6 months. Headache,heaviness in head, low mood, weak sleeping, weakness in talking, no mood to meet anybody, unable to do my routine work.in treatment. Taking medicine regularly, but no improvement. It has happened 5 times before now in 2006,2007,2010,2013 & 2014. But became cure after treatment in 3-4 months every time. But this time no relief after treatment. Feeling very helpless, weakness by physically and mentally. I have gave up my profession of private teaching. A private school was run by me. But nowadays it fully closed because of my absence. Present days are very horrible, hopeless,useless, meaningless.what to do is the biggest question for me. Please help me doctor.
Please help me by providing a diet plan for building six pack. Kindly prepare a daily diet plan for body building.
A Frozen shoulder is a shoulder joint with significant loss of its range of motion in all directions, especially when we turn the arm upwards and away from the body. It is also known as Adhesive Capsulitis. According to ayurveda it is known as Avabahuk and it is caused by vitiated vata dosha. Due to faulty dietary habits and life style vata dosha is vitiated and it travels throughout the whole body. Where it finds the blockage of channels it accumulates there and in avbahuk the channels of the shoulder joint get blocked and it causes accumulation of vata dosha there. Vata dosha causes symptoms like pain, pricking sensation, stiffness and difficulty in movements.
Causes of Frozen Shoulder
- Inflammation, scarring, thickening and shrinkage of the capsule surrounding shoulder joint.
- Injury to the shoulder joint
- Tendinitis, bursitis and rotator cuff injury
Prevalence of Frozen Shoulder
It is more prevalent in patients of Diabetes and chronic inflammatory arthritis of shoulder joint, after chest or breast surgery. Long-term immobility of the shoulder joint can put the people at risk to develop frozen shoulder.
Management of Frozen Shoulder
1) Sukhayurveda Detox and Purification therapy
We at Sukhayurveda concentrate on treating the root cause of the disease. Frozen shoulder is mainly a disease of vata dosha and first of all we give the therapy to pacify vata dosha. Our detox therapy includes abhyangam, Oil Bath i.e. Pizichil and Herbal Bun Massage medicated enema and nasayam i.e. nasal insufflations in case of frozen shoulder. These therapies vary from person to person according to their constitution and disease causing factors. This gives a lot of relaxation to muscles surrounding shoulder joint.
2) Proper Nutrition
SukhAyurveda Consultant provides detailed understanding of which foods to favor and avoid for your condition. Favor foods that are easy-to-digest, nourishing, cleanse the physiology, strengthen digestion and balance your body’s inner intelligence.
3) Ayurveda Herb
Sukhayurveda consultant advises various herbal formulas according to the disease. Drugs like rasna, nirgundi, guggulu etc. have a good pain relieving effect in joint disorders like frozen shoulder. The above mentioned drugs should be taken only after consulting a Qualified Ayurvedic Physician. We at Sukhayurveda provide various formulations of all these and many more herbs.
4) Life style and daily routine
SukhAyurveda Consultant advises proper life style to the patient for reduction of the episodes of exacerbation and rehabilitation. Sedentary life style, excessive exercises, cold exposure and wandering in rain should be avoided. Bathing with cold water should be strictly avoided. Warm water bath is recommended.
5) Yoga Therapy
Physiotherapy and yogasanas have a major role in restoring the movements of the Frozen Shoulder. We at Sukhayurveda provide specific yoga therapies and exercises for the patients of various Diseases. Shoulder rotation exercises help relieving pain and increase shoulder joint movements. Maintaining as much range of motion as possible in your shoulder is important. Sukhayurveda consultant advises you how to move your shoulder joint through comfortable range of motion planes to avoid further stiffening.
6) Strengthening the Body's Natural Healing and Self-Repair Mechanisms
Sukhayurveda not only cures disease by therapies but also boost one’s inner strength to fight with diseases naturally. The healing response is one of the most complex and coordinated activities within the human physiology and often cannot be strengthened significantly without a comprehensive natural approach. We not only gives relief from pain but also make internal environment strong to not to develop the disease again.
Taking together, all the SukhAyurveda health programmes described above you can create the ideal mental, physical and behavioral environment for healing.
I am having fever continuously from a week and feeling tired in all Body. Problem of pain in body joints.
Sir, Mera Baal bahut jyada gir raha hai aur jyadatar baal white ho gaya hai. Sir please koi medicine ho to bata dijiye, aur mai bahut patla hu kitna khane pine par dhyan deta hu to wo meri body me lagta hi nahi hai. Sir please koi solution dijiye.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should consult a doctor for scans and tests.