Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Maharish
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal MaharishYour feedback matters!
I work in IT Company. I work 10 hours in a day on computer. So when I go home my head is start headache. I tried many tablets but no one works. Please give me some treatment to stop headache.
Hi, I have a problem of eye floater in both eyes and I have consulted with some (4) doctors they prescribed me to have medicine with 1 or 2 eye drops yet there is no such improvement. My sight is gradually decreasing in only 3 months (Rt 0.75 and Lt .5) become (Rt-1.5 and Lt 1.0). Today again I have consulted with other doctor and he recommends me to have some test (Hb AIC) OCT modula. 1 thing that is common in all consultation no doctor could examined my eye floater.
He have allergies and his eyes are affected the most, they're puffy, red and itchy. What should he do?
Regular itching in eyes though not much difficulty in eyesight; suffering chronic Allergic Rhinitis / Bronchitis, I do take SOS LCZ or LIT-M, apart from Thyronorm-75 for managing hypothyroidism; I do suffer from urte- care, occasionally;
I am sufferer of hypermetropia. What guidelines should I follow to improve my vision as well as my eye sight?
I came to know that I have amblyopia when I was 15 after that I used patching therapy for the following nine months from dec 2015 and my vision came to 6/24 but is not going down. can I achieve a 6/6 vision? Please help.
Sir 10 saal pahale mere aankh me halki chot lag gyi thi us samay kuchh nhi pta chala likin ab halka dhundhla dikhta hai aur drd krti hai. Ab kaise sahi hogi. Eska treatment kaise krayen.
Sir i am from bangalore, i have problem in my leftt eye, so that while seeing through left eye is so much unclear, but my right eye was well and good.
My wife has episceleretis and the doctor has said not to use any drops or steroids and instead has given ibuprofen 400 mg 3 times a day. She had shown 3 doctors before and no respite, as the redness of eye would reoccur in 1 month, is this the right treatment what she has now, please guide.
I am a 23 years old boy. I have headache problem due to less sleep. I have eye vision problem as well. I cannot remember quickly the things what I know. I use long time for sleep but my sleep is not so much depth and some tension always acting during sleep. I awaken 2-3 times in midway sleep. What should do to make tension free, clear, depth sleep? Is there any ayurvedic solution?
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!