Find numerous Sexologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Sexologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharath Kumar C
Submit a review for Dr. Sharath Kumar CYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am so happy that I chose this Sharath Kumar C for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. I am really grateful as his pre-marital counselling has give me a ray of hope. Our family physician personally recommended this Sharath Kumar C. Hygiene is very important, and I must MEDIWAVE I.V.F & FERTILITY RESEARCH HOSPITAL was extremely clean. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my pre-marital counselling. I was having this pre-marital counselling, but the symptoms were not very visible.
He is one of the best physicians in city. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Sharath Kumar. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of premature ejaculation. The overall atmosphere in the MEDIWAVE HOSPITAL is very soothing. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
Dr Sharath Kumar C's advice and counselling has helped me immensely. He has so much knowledge I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the MEDIWAVE I.V.F & FERTILITY RESEARCH HOSPITAL. Sharath Kumar C has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The erectile dysfunction was increasing day by day. I have had this erectile dysfunction from quite some time.
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from male sexual problems treatment, but Dr Sharath was able to handle it with ease. Thanks to him for the treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. He handled my case with ease. The overall atmosphere in the Mediwave Hospital is very soothing.
I was diagnosed with UTI. Thanks to Dr Sharath for helping me with the treatment. He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Over the period of time the uti treatment has helped me a lot.
I was not able to conceive due to cyst problem. I consulted Dr Sharath, he suggested me to go through a surgery and made me believe that I will be able to conceive after this. I thank him for such an excellent suggestion he gave. I must say that he is really a great sexologist.
During the fertility treatment, Dr Sharath Kumar C supported me a lot. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. I was very depressed when I came to know that I cannot conceive. But after the treament, I am completely okay and I have a cute son.
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing male sexual problem.Due to which my daily activities were suffering. I consulted Dr Sharath. After his treatment I am feeling better and now I am perfectly fine. He is one of the best physicians in city.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be sensible, well-reasoned, professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. I liked the way it was put across to understand easily and also was really helpfull too Thank You.
The doctor is listening the problem clearly and understand the problem.he is giving the cause of the problem properly.the only draw back is suggested the many medicines and tests.
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and inspiring. But give the name of any Ayurveda or allopathic medicine which is the best for this ?
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Advice bu dr. Sharath is awesome, just refering tables by other doc i didnt found that helpul
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and caring. Very good suggestions
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful. Sir, Very informative ur given tips. Please shower it for all of us time to time. Tks
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough and helped me improve my health. use itcreally needy
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Thankyou for your suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful. I will come tomorrow to your clinic for test.please confirm it
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are helped me improve my health and professional. Very good answer sir appreciate sir
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned and sensible. Thank you so much doctor sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be knowledgeable. was great information
Dr. Sharath Kumar C provides answers that are knowledgeable. But this does not solve the problem
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sharath Kumar C to be very helpful. Thank u so much sir
A woman’s body is different as compared to a man’s body, which is why attaining climax for the two genders is also dissimilar. A woman’s body needs to be caressed, fondled and loved to be turned, which will eventually lead to multiple orgasms during intercourse or masturbation.
However, multiple orgasms aren’t an easy feat to achieve and one can opt to use the following tricks to climax more than once:
Build up a frame of mind: If you stick to a singular frame of mind and focus on getting just one orgasm, you are bound to get just one. Instead, think in plurality and concentrate on what makes you feel good and focus on pleasuring yourself. This kind of focus will actually make you feel aroused and more likely to have multiple orgasms.
Don’t forget Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises help you in keeping your pelvic muscles in shape. Usually after having an orgasm, the muscles seem to contract, but practicing these exercises daily will allow a continuous blood flow, thus, making them strong. If the muscles are strong, you can keep going even after an orgasm which is a requisite for attaining multiple orgasms.
Don’t allow the arousal level to fall to zero: It is only natural for you to slow down once you climax, but instead of completely stopping, try and put the focus back on stimulating your clitoris by engaging in oral sex or changing positions. If the embers are kept lit, you will experience another intense orgasm in sometime.
Focus on the stimulation spot: The stimulation spot varies from woman to woman. Some women feel aroused when their clitoris is stimulated whilst some feel hitting the G-spot turns them on. When you know what turns you on, maximise on the foreplay around that area using varied techniques. But after an orgasm, if the stimulation around one spot is maximum, move on to the other one.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A man's drive for intimacy is essential in his mind. Two zones of the cerebrum, the cerebral cortex and limbic system, are imperative to a man's sex drive and execution. They're so critical, truth be told, that a man can have a climax basically by contemplating a sexual ordeal.
The cerebral cortex is basically the grey matter that makes up the external layer of the brain. It's the piece of your cerebrum that is in charge of higher capacities, for example, sensation, movement, and consideration. This incorporates thinking about sex. When you get to be distinctly stimulated, signals that originate in the cerebral cortex, accelerate your heart rate and blood stream to your private parts. They also cause an erection.
Testosterone is the hormone most nearly connected with male sex drive. Created for the most part in the testes, testosterone has a critical part in various body capacities, including:
- Enlargement of male sex organs
- Development of body hair
- Bone mass and muscle advancement
- Deepening of the voice in adolescence
- Sperm generation
- Generation of red platelets
Testosterone levels have a tendency to be higher in the morning and lower during the evening. In a man's lifetime, his testosterone levels are at their most astounding in his late teenage years, after which they gradually start to decrease.
The phase of increasing hormones begins at some point around the age 12 and keeps going to ages 16 or 17. This is when young men encounter a tumultuous couple of years of physical and enthusiastic change, commenced by the hypothalamus. Among these progressions are:
- The scrotum and penis develop
- Sperm creation starts
- Erections and ejaculations happen
- Facial and body hair develop
- The larynx, likewise called the voice box, develops and causes the voice to lower
- The sex drive heightens
In spite of the fact that it no longer causes development of the sex organs, testosterone has a part in keeping up sex drive. Albeit unnoticeable, testosterone levels decay gradually after age 18 or somewhere around that age.
There's a ton of talk about sexual pinnacle, yet it's not measured in any reliable way. As far as testosterone levels are concerned, men crest in their late adolescents. It's additionally genuine that as testosterone levels decrease, it takes more time to get an erection. Furthermore, it takes longer after ejaculation before a man can accomplish an erection once more. In any case, the diminishment in testosterone isn't by and large quantifiable until age 30.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Human sexuality is a fairly complicated process and differs a lot between men and women. While most men can easily achieve orgasm, for women, is a completely different story. Many studies and self-reporting done on this subject have shown that very few actually get to orgasm most of the time and many fake it for a host of reasons. Let’s look at a few of the top reasons why women may fake it.
To make a session end – A woman, while in the act, may feel bored or want the session to end quickly especially if her partner is close to or has already achieved orgasm. She would want to fake an orgasm to bring conclusion to the session and get on with other things.
To boost the ego of the partner – Women may fake orgasms to ensure that their partners don’t feel guilty or inadequate about not making them climax. Although this usually happens in long term relationships, women may even do it in short term relationships to not hurt the ego of their men.
The partner doesn’t know how to bring a woman to climax – Many men don’t know how to bring their women to orgasm and thus, will try many things. There are other men who may not even care to know about pleasing their partners. In such cases, a woman may fake an orgasm as a ritual to show that she is also enjoying the act when she is actually not.
Used as a strategy to retain their partner in long term relationships – Many married women or women in long term relationships use fake orgasms to ensure that their partners feel happy. This is done so that their partners continue to stay with them and feel that they have been satisfying them well enough.
Faking an orgasm may lead to an actual one – Although this happens to a few women, some have reportedly stated that faking one orgasm might get them to have a real one. Some women also report being turned on by faking an orgasm.
She is afraid she will be judged – Many women feel insecure that if they are unable to orgasm with their respective partners, they might be judged as inadequate or incomplete. Thus, they would fake orgasms to bring finality to cover their own insecurities.
Enlargement of the prostate is a condition that can happen as you tend to get older. This can be treated with medications. However, did you know that the problem can be indirectly related to your performance in bed? It is true and read ahead to get acquainted with more knowledge.
Studies show that the urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate can be one of the causes of erectile dysfunction. Getting up many times in a night to urinate can also indirectly affect this. Once the prostate enlarges due to old age or due to an underlying condition it affects the flow of urine. This increases the need to urinate frequently or prolonged time duration when passing out urine. Studies conducted have identified that this impacts your sexual life to a vast degree. Simply put, your urinary symptoms decrease the level of sexual activity.
When your thought process is on constant need to urinate enlarges, you might be physically less tolerant towards your sexual urges. Also, the sensation may be enough to put off any guy during the act. Prostate enlargement also affects your libido levels and can decrease the healthy sperm count. Prostrates important job is to aid the addition of semen to the sperm.
Some of the common symptoms a person undergoes when facing a prostate enlargement include a feeling of urgency, a need to urinate frequently, waking up many times in the middle of the night to urinate, a weak urine stream and straining to urinate. These lead to sexual deficiencies such as little or no erection during a sexual activity and sexual dissatisfaction and sexual problems. It can also be rightly summarized that this predominantly affects the old age men and these are something which a person may have to accept as a result of old age.
Prostate enlargement can be treated and you might have to undertake a dosage of medications for such conditions. A range of treatment options are available to deal with the enlarged glands. It depends vastly on your age and the conditions of your lifestyle you live in. You can choose to opt for a minimally invasive same-day procedure that will surely help you relieve the symptoms.
Surgery: Trans Urethral Resection of Prostrate ( TURP ) is the best option for enlarged prostrate, which does not respond for medical line of treatment.
There are a few very common things that a man consumes or does every day without even realizing, that they have a tendency to reduce his fertility. These causes start from drinking and could end with something as harmless as caffeine.
Let's see which habits can cause reduction in sperm count thereby reducing fertility of a man.
- Eating processed meat harms sperm quality.
- Excessive usage of laptop can also lead to reduction in sperm count because of the heat that a laptop releases.
- Hormonal imbalance also causes low sperm production.
- If a man is underweight or overweight, this could also lead to less production of sperm. So, a man should watch his weight before thinking of extending his family.
- Exposure to too much heat for a prolonged time leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Regular smoking also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Excessive stress also causes reduction in sperm count.
- Regular and continuous exposure to chemicals like xylene, painting material and metal like lead also leads to low sperm count.
- Chemicals present in sunscreen lotion can harm a man's sperm count so one should be alert while using a sunscreen lotion.
- Sex toys also cause infertility in men because of presence of phthalates in them.
- Regular intake of canned food can also contribute in low sperm count.
- Regular drinking habits reduce testosterone levels thereby reducing the quality and production of sperm.
- Excessive intake of canned food leads to intake of bisphenol A which lowers down the quality of the sperm.
- Excess intake of caffeine also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Lack of exercise and laziness also reduces sperm count to a great extent.
Some of the above mentioned things can be unavoidable, but point here is that taking everything in moderate quantity doesn't do any harm but problem occurs when the intake is excessive, regular and beyond limit. So, it's better to reduce the quantity and regular use of such things than letting it affect your sperm count.
Watching porn can be pleasurable and invoke your intimate desires. Since talking about intimate relations is considered as a taboo and most children in our country don’t receive proper education, they resort to porn videos that give them a false idea of reality. Little do they know that the actual acts are nothing like the ones they see in these adult videos. Looking at men with chiseled bodies, women with hourglass figures and extremely spicy sex lives can, unfortunately, lower your confidence. After all, not everyone can attain these. Nonetheless, one can always engage in the act of self-satisfaction or masturbation by watching these videos. Masturbation is one of the underrated pleasures of the world and pornography does the trick here; it not only gets you sexually aroused but also helps you in reaching an utterly satisfying climax.
These thought process may include the habit of watching porn. Wait! Did you say Porn? Now before we jump to conclusion and sing hymns that porn is bad for you, let us look at it from a different perspective. Sure it could have a negative impact if you are addicted to it, but let’s say for a minute that you have a habit of watching porn occasionally. Is it really that bad for you as spread across in social circles? Let’s find out!
Watching porn: Ask any kid why he would want to watch porn and almost two out of three answers would be that they need a quick fix in their “Me Time”. Our human brain varies a lot and though everyone would disregard this, our mind always yearns for variance and adventure. Porn in a way gives this to them. The experience of watching something new or something which is not the usual norm accelerates the hormone process and this directly makes you cum earlier. Of course, this may pave the way for premature ejaculation and can also affect your libido levels. But that is a topic for a different discussion.
Positive consequences of Watching Porn: One of the few good things about porn is that it determines what scintillates you and what type of guy you are. It also in a way allows you to develop standards while pleasing a woman. Love making is not just an ejaculation process. It is rightly called an art. Do explore more and porn if channelled in a right way can actually be good for you. However, there is a very thin line between good and the bad side of porn. Just make sure that you are not addicted to it.
Increased Sexual Energy: Almost 75% of the population would get excited about porn. Psychologists say that this is not a bad thing and they can channel this need into a positive sexual energy. Porn can increase your libido levels and if you combine this with deep inner exercises like meditation and breathing exercises, then you can be greatly benefited by it. Though it sounds a bit absurd, experts would like us to try it out.
Last Longer: While porn can make you come earlier, alternatively it can help you relax and you can take your time to get an orgasm. This happens in the advanced stages and you need to know a couple of factors before you get to this level. One is you need to know your limit and the permissible lines when you watch porn. Second, don’t overdo porn. These might take some years to practice but once you have mastered it, porn can actually be an alleviating experience for you with mental harmony and peace. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal breathing is the beginner’s version of Tao’s Qi Gong. It focuses on the lower portion of the body. Anal breathing helps young men and boys suffering from critical sex problems such as impotence and weak erection. The knowledge of anal breathing is passed by the Tao masters of China thousands of years ago. This method aims at enhancing the bio-energy flow from the conception vessel and Governor's vessel. Once the technique is mastered, it can fetch rich benefits to people suffering from sexual problems.
How is anal breathing done?
- The procedure starts with a simple exercise of the butt. While urination, light pressure needs to be applied to the bladder by pushing the ankles and the heels upward and squeeze the buttocks against the anus and the tailbone. This will stop urination by contracting the PC muscles and the prostate gland. This, in turn, makes the buttock muscles trigger the s4-s2 muscles to close the prostate-bladder outlet.
- Similar width of the shoulder and the leg should be maintained at all times while performing this technique. Slight pressure should be exerted against the bladder and the buttocks should be contracted against the tailbone until it becomes warm.
- The contraction of the butt should be synchronized with the inhalation. While inhaling, it should be ensured that the muscle of the tailbone-anus should be contracted towards the spine. The air should be sucked into the spine, anus and the tailbone of an individual. The sensation of the air getting into the anus is known as anal breathing.
Tips to contract the muscles:
- Beginners have a tendency to contract the anal muscles harder than necessary. Hard contractions end up in doing more harm than good. With more practice, it is possible to master the procedure of contracting the tailbone-anus muscles thereby improving the quality of the erection.
- The pressure applied to the bladder should be very less. The pressure should be such that the relaxation and the expansion of the prostate and the PC muscles happen smoothly.
- In case a person possesses a weak prostate or PC muscle, it is advised that he consumes herbs such as the Patricia, Pyrrosia, dianthus etc.
Check the reservoir:
If the morning erection is no more felt or there is a feeling of fatigue in an individual, the testosterone percentage may be extremely low or non-existent. It is the testosterone that produces nitric oxide to empower erection. If testosterone is lagging in a person, it is advised that necessary measures are taken to build up testosterone levels in the body. This could be done by hormonal therapy, consumption of herbs, medications and such other ways. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Premature ejaculation - medicines:
You can take:
1. Dapoxetine 30 mg. Tab.
Take one tablet 1-3 hours before you have sex.
Feeling dizzy or faint, and feeling sick.
Drinking a full glass of water at the same time as taking the tablet can reduce these effects.
2. Paroxetine 12.5mg, one tablet after food for a month at night.
The brand names:
Perolight 12.5 mg
Parocin cr 12.5 mg.
Sleep problems (insomnia);
Loss of appetite, constipation;
Decreased sex drive, impotence or difficulty having an orgasm.
3. Lignocaine jelly (xylocaine) 2%:
Apply over glans penis (head of penis) 10 minutes prior to the intercourse to delay ejaculation.
If medicines are not effective then, we can try other techniques.
Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum.
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Erectile dysfunction is a serious matter. It can hit any man, of any age, but of course, is much more prevalent among older men. Once you hit forty, youâre increasingly likely to suffer from ed. Itâs important to understand, however, that not every case of sexual dysfunction is an ed problem.
Common causes of erectile dysfunction:
- The sad truth is that in a significant number of cases, erectile dysfunction is a condition we bring upon ourselves. Even when these things arenât the outright cause of ed, theyâre almost certain to be contributing factors that make your condition worse.
- This is a big, expansive category that covers a lot of ground, but in a nutshell, hereâs what you need to know.
- Eating lots of leafy greens, whole grains, oysters, watermelon, and blueberries all fruits will help you give your body all that it needs to improve the quality of your erections, while cutting out processed foods, cigarettes and alcohol will provide further benefits.
- Add in a healthy dose of exercise at least three times per week, and youâre well on your way to better sexual health!
- Many of the causes of erectile dysfunction are actually psychological. Understand that this is not the same as saying that itâs all in your head, because itâs not.
- Psychological issues can easily lead to a variety of very real physical ailments. If that surprises you, it shouldnât.
- Stress can lead to heart disease, so also other psychological issues can lead to ed. Itâs a pretty common, fairly well understood phenomenon.
- Stress is, in fact, one of the leading causes of ed, which makes it a particularly nasty condition. It also can lead to heart troubles, so it hits you twice.
- Long before stress kills you though, it will impact your sex life in a major, and entirely negative way.
- Our modern society is filled to the point of overflowing with stress triggers. We work too many hours. We donât take enough vacations, and even when we do, we tend to bring our work with us, thanks to the advent of the smart phone, which is both a blessing and a curse.
- Yes, it lets us keep in touch with friends and families no matter where we are in the world, but it also means that we have the tendency to never unplug. We need that. We need time to decompress and relax. Sure, you can run at top speed for a while, but if you do it too long, youâll burn yourself out.
- If you keep going much beyond that, your problems will only worsen with time. Why would you want to do that to yourself? it simply makes no sense.
- Depression is another common cause of ed, and letâs face it. When youâre depressed, sex is about the last thing youâre thinking of.
- Stress is a particularly nasty cause of ed, because most of the antidepressant medicines available only make ed worse.
- Depression is insidious on another front as well, because itâs easy to get caught in a negative, self-reinforcing feedback loop trap.
- What we mean by that is that when youâre depressed, your self-esteem is low. If you try to have sex, your low self-esteem may lead to performance issues. Then, when you fail to perform, sexually, it lowers your self-esteem further, which makes future sexual performance issues even more likely.
- Once youâre caught in that trap, it can be notoriously difficult to get out of it.
- One thing youâll note that isnât on the list is" performance anxiety" thatâs because while performance anxiety can lead to a lack of sexual performance in certain specific situations, these are generally isolated, one-off events.
- The risk, however, is that a failure to perform sexually can sometimes lead to depression, which can cause ed.