Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja BalakumarYour feedback matters!
Respected authority, I am suffering from hyperhidrosis where abnormal sweating is from head region and just a walking leads to sweating.
Suggest me the best treatment for pcod becoz allopathy if I am leaving again the problem is starting.
I am 25 years old and I do sleep talk. My mother complains frequently that I bite teeth in sleep. Is there any solution to this problem?
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
I am 25 years old bay. I had stomach problem regarding gastric problem and digestion problem. I had this problem since 2006 but I don't know how to express to doctor. Some doctors say it is naturally cure by eating food. Please tell me how to behaviour correctly cure. Thank you sir.
Hi my sister is having fever she is 3 years old. From morning onwards she is having we are giving parix serum one time but not yet fine. Give me some suggestion plzzz.
Strategies for reducing allergy by reducing exposure to allergens
Remove carpet from bedroom.
Remove upholstered furniture from the bedroom.
Wash bedding and nightclothes in hot water.
Decrease household humidity to less than 50 percent.
Remove humidifiers and check air conditioning units regularly for mold contamination.
Encase mattress, box spring and pillow in mite-proof covers.
Minimize dust- and pollen-collecting surfaces (e.g, shelving, stuffed animals, books).
Minimize use of indoor ceiling fans.
Use blinds or washable curtains with shades and clean them often.
Avoid vacuuming when dust-sensitive patients are home.
Keep pets outside or at least out of bedrooms and off of upholstered furniture.
Give pets their own washable beds and wash the beds often. For cat allergy you could try the following: air purifier could be of benefit; keep cats away from furniture or your bed; vacuum frequently with a hepa filter; sweep the floors and clean the furniture. Drapes and carpets can trap dander. A friend claims that using a wet washcloth with water and vinegar and rubbing the cat fur while petting it can reduce dander. Regularly brushing the cat and bathing it could help. If you have petted your cat, wash your hands afterwards. Keep the cat outdoors when possible.
Use the air conditioner, rather than opening windows, in the automobile and home.
Bathe or shower before bedtime to remove pollen from hair and body, this may provide some allergy relief.
Remove visible mold from walls and floors using a solution of water and chlorine bleach, or a product that contains chlorine bleach or other fungicides.
To control insects, particularly cockroaches, wash dishes promptly, keep garbage in tightly closed containers outside of the home, remove or repair sources of water (e. G, leaking faucets, standing water in basements), wipe up food spills and keep food in tightly sealed containers.
Keep in mind that hair dyes are a cause of allergies, and they can even cause anaphylaxis.
Hii I am 23 years old and I don't consume milk or other dairy products so my question is how I can complete my day to day calcium requirement and how much body need calcium on daily basis. Pls help me out.
Im newly married and after my marriage I started facing many problems like weakness and mild fever all the time. My body also pains when I engage myself in little household works. Before my marriage I never used to face any of these problems. Tell me any solution to my problem.
During summer in coastal Karnataka sweating is common but excessive sweating sometimes get bruises and also act as allergic to skin. Whether such irritation due to sweating is a deficiency test of body balance or vitamin deficiency. If so what is the cure? Is this a phenomena in old ages as skin is hard and without oil? I want an answer form homeopathy because itching that I get sometimes invoke me to rub and reddish spread appear on my skin.
Is uric acid 7.27 safe? est test is 1. Anything to worry about? my doc has prescribed febuget 80 for a month+hosit plus (mecobalamin, alpha lipoic acid, folic acid & pyridoxine, hydrochrolide) for a month + bontas 60k (cholecalciferol soft gelatin capsules) for 8 weeks (1 per week). Just wanted to ensure it is fine. I recently changed my doctor.
Out of six main symptoms for diabetic patient, I do not have a single symptom, even though, blood test report indicates BSF between 103 ---127 and PP remains constant i.e between 130--140. My consultant Dr. is MD (Medicine) MD (Path) suggested me to start Cetapin XR 1000 OD. Should I continue?
My girlfriend blood in urine in female after having an intercourse with me, she blended only once now she has just pain, what should be the reason for pain, please help me please I am very much afraid abt this thing.
Sir main sex karta hu aur 2 minutes main jadh jata h please mujhe koi upay batavo ki main sex jyada time tak kar saku.
I am 24 years male and a have some hearing problem from 6 years, that only from when I attacked" chicken pox" actually I suffered with" chicken pox" for 3 times, main problem to me is I understand others words only face to face, it is problem to me talk over phone, I went to many hospitals, but all they said this rare case nd we can't do any thing no solution, I try for hearing aid, but there no use by them, so doctors also hearing aids are not worked in this situation, actually I cmpltd b-tech and searching for job right now, it is main problem to me while talking over phone thats y I didn't get job, please solve my problem.
Im trying in navy .i can not run quickly because of my fat, I want to lose weight and having a pain in my chest while running. Please help me to lose weight .i go nearly 10 days for my physical test .please help me to lose weight, im not bothered about the method ,i only consider my target (weight lose. So please suggest me quickly.
Sir, my gf frequently gives me blowjob ,i want to know can we get aids through blowjob? And if yes then what is the condition for that?
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.