Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shabbir Ahmed K
Submit a review for Dr. Shabbir Ahmed KYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from E-COLI for a long period and also suffer from diabetes but under control. Her hbA1C is 6.7.takes antibiotic but it comes again within a short time. Instances are there of stopping urine also. How can I manage this problem. She took niftran for a long time but again the problem comes of scanty urine. Give me suggestions.
Hey there! I want to know that holland & barret high strength pure cod liver oil 700 mg is for what purpose. And are there any side effects? Is it okay if its consumed by an 18 year old girl. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you doctors.
I am 62 year retired male I got 3 cm malignant tumor in the rectum just above the anal verge. It is localised according to reports of ct and colonoscopy doctors are saying that it is t3n0m0 stage and highly curable. But doctor suggested for a direct surgery i.e apr and if there is a further need of chemoradiation can be taken. So I went for a second opinion and got advised that first I have to take chemoradiation for 35 days after that a rest of 4 weeks and then go for surgery. Now I am confused about what to do adjuvant therapy or neoadjuvant therapy.in both cases a permanent colostomy is advised coz tumor is just above anal verge.
I am suffering from severe gastric problem. please suggest the treatment. I keep farting and have bas digestion and can not eat oily food even a bit.
Sir mere wife ke acidity se gas bahut banti hai. Mai kafi sari Ayurveda vikalp apna chuka hoon par koi fark nai pdta..
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a blend of stomach discomfort or pain and issues with bowel routines: either constipation or diarrhea; or having a different kind of stool (slender, hard, or delicate and fluid). A healthy routine diet by and large comprises of eating a wide number of nutritious, low-fat nourishments with some restraint. Be that as it may, you may see an increase in your symptoms after you eat certain kinds of food when you have an irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Since side effects can fluctuate between patients, there is not just one list of off-limit foods, but with that said, there are a plenty of foods that are good for your health and do not irritate your bowel habits. By staying away from the most basic irritants of IBS, you may see more consistency and also less cramps and bloating. Some of the foods that you can consume during IBS are as follows:
- Fiber adds bulk to your digestive system. It is broadly accessible in grains, vegetables and natural products. Eating a lot of insoluble fiber as grains can increase your trips to the bathroom. Concentrate on soluble fiber. This includes vegetables and natural products.
- While the insoluble fiber content in whole grains might be an irritant in IBS indications, certain grains cause different issues. Items containing rye, wheat, and grain contain gluten. This is a sort of protein that can harm your digestion tracts and increase symptoms of IBS. While a hypersensitivity to gluten is known as celiac infection, in any case half the patients in IBS are gluten-intolerant. Fortunately, more gluten-free items are available in the market these days. In case you cannot manage without pizza, pasta, cakes, you can simply substitute them with gluten-free products of the same kind.
- Consume plenty fruits and vegetables.
- Take carbohydrates in required quantity like bread, rice, oats, pasta, potatoes, chapattis and plantain.
- If you happen to be lactose intolerant, include substitutes like soya, rice or oat, milk and yogurts that are rich in calcium.
- Some meat, fish, eggs and alternatives like beans.
- Take a limited amount of foods high in fats and sugars. Decrease intake of saturated fat that is found in butter, ghee, cheddar, meat, cakes and baked goods. Substitute these with unsaturated fats found in vegetable oils, for example, sunflower, rapeseed and olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
- Drink a lot of liquid, no less than two liters every day, for example, water or natural teas.
Whenever you go out to eat, make sure you ask for gluten-free food. Sometimes, certain kinds of food might appeal to you but try not to get tempted too often by the menu and harm your health because of it. Stick to a healthy diet.
My heart beats fast than usual and than I get scared and than again it starts beating faster. I control it and than I get scared that why this is happening than again it beats faster, it happens when I get severe acidity, this is the second time it happened and I get tensed when it happens need resolution.
How much I have to wait for taking normal diet when my SGPT and SGOT become normal doctor said I have infection in my liver that time my SGPT was 72 and SGOT was 52 but now when I checked its in normal range and all my medicine are finished so when I can take normal healthy diet?
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!