Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish D
Submit a review for Dr. Satish DYour feedback matters!
6 Ayurvedic Remedies For Treating Kidney Stones Naturally!
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are home remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.
Hello, I am 23 years old my urine test says that pus cells 6 to 8 and epithelial cells 3 to 4 what should I do and tell me my diet plan.
Hi, I am 21 years old guy, I have irritation while urinating and a mucus is released from my penis frequently which has foul smell of rotten egg, I am very tensed please help me out to get rid of it.
I have stones in both kidney size of 11mm max and 6 mm min totally 4.2 in both kidney please suggest shall I go for operation or medicines.
How to control the frequency of urine from the male person, aged about 58 who is not having the any B P or Diabetes or any other diseases?
Kidneys stones occur as a result of accumulation of mineral deposits in the kidneys. The size of a kidney stone may vary from person to person and they are noticed only if they create a blockage in the kidney. Apart from the kidneys, they may occur in the urethra, ureters and the bladder. Kidney stones only cause pain when they are pushed into the ureters.
Homeopathy is a system that focuses on treating the cause of the disease and hence is a holistic method of treatment. The various homeopathic remedies for kidney stones are:
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience intense pain while urinating; it also helps if you have a constant urge to urinate. You may also notice blood in the urine.
- Berberis vulgaris: If you suffer from pain in the kidney resulting from the kidney stone located on the left portion of your body, then this remedy is prescribed. You may also experience stiffness in the kidney region in the early hours of the morning. You may also have a bubbling sensation that worsens while moving your body.
- Sarsaparilla: If you are passing white colored deposits in your urine, then sarsaparilla is used to treat the condition. You may also experience intense pain after urinating.
- Lycopodium: Lycopodium is a deep acting remedy that is recommended if you pass red deposits through your urine. You may experience very strong urges to urinate at night along with intense pain in the back that gets better after urinating. The pain from the kidney stones tends to worsen during the afternoon.
- Benzoic acid: If you show symptoms, such as dark brown urine and high uric acid levels in the body, then this remedy is recommended to treat the condition. Benzoic acid also helps in optimizing the levels of uric acid in the body.
- ColoCynthis: This remedy is recommended if you experience intense pain in the urethra while passing stools. You may also pass crystals in your urine.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!