Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Satish DYour feedback matters!
My father has kidney failure and creatinine level of 10, I want kidney done for my father or suggest me what to do ?
Hi. I was suffering from urethral stricture. I want under end to end anastomosis in 2008. I don't know what went wrong and after 45 days I was dilated 3 times. And went for VIU 3 times .this was all within 1.5 years. Now I am on self dilatation which is still very painful .if I don't do it for a week then there is problem in urination. Urine speed is in drops and it's painful. Every time I go to a urologist I have been suggested for operation. After all how many times can a person go for a surgery. please suggest medication.
I am feeling so much sensation from last 3 days in my inner part while urine after having sex for the first time. What to do.
How much NCCT (abdomen )and urine kidney function cost and. Is my kidney swollen. As I have told ultra sounds shows hydronephrosis and hydroureter. Well I just had ultra sound and KUB X-ray n some 1 told me that I have hydronephrosis n hydroureter .n which means I have fluid is increasing in my right kidney well. Is that true?
Sir Can I do workout at gym if I have KIDNEY STONES (1 stone of 3.5 mm in left kidney & 3 stones of 3 mm in right kidney) ? Plg suggest me which part exercise I should avoid? Thanks.
When I am urinating in the starting it is coming with dark yellow pigment and the colour changes slowly to light yellow are white some times early in the morning it coming completely yellow colour urine my urine test is normal hbsag is negative hepatitis c is negative but my bilirubin level is 1.8 please suggest me is it any disease are should I need to go head with any other treatment to get it rectified if I drink heavy water my urine is white and if I eat non veg are some heavy meals it is turning to yellow, and when I masturbate in the night in the morning it will be yellow.
Sir g mujhe baar baar urine ki problem hoti h aur thoda sa water pine ke baad baar baar jana pdta h plzz help me sir g.
Mera ek dost hai usko 2 saal se diabetes hai, age 37 year hai wo jab bhi bina condom ke apni patni ke saat sex karta hai to use infection ho jata hai ,is baar use penis me infection ho gaya hai or skin me crack or red ho gaya hai or urine discharge karne me taklif hoti hai please mujhe ye bataye ki use kis ke paas ilaj karana chahiye ,wo abhi Mangalore me rahta hai.
My husband is suffering from kidney problem. His creatinine is 8.88 and urea is 100 what should we do now?
I have stone problem in right kidney. 4 mm in calyx & 7 mm in ureter. What should we do for that? operation or medicine?
Sir I have stone in liver of 12 mm at Bali and MBBS doctor are telling for laser treatment. Kya stone medicine see sahi ho sakta.
Sir, I am severely suffering from pain in kidneys. Suspecting to have stones. Whay should do to control the pain immediately. Pls suggest.
. I have fever since last 3 months.(low grade). Morning 99 degree and evening 100-101 degree. All blood tests came negative. Symptoms- dry mouth whole night, sour taste in mouth since 3 months. Weight reduced from 64 to 55 kgs. And hemoglobin reduced from 10.4 to 5. Blood transfused 2 units last month so now hemoglobin is 7.7. Still fever on. Some doctors saying its refractory anemia with nutritional deficiency. Lab tests values are as under- RBC COUNT-3.4, PLATELET COUNT- earlier 11 lakhs now 6.5 to 8 lakhs. ESR- earlier 123 now 80. WBC- earlier 32 now 15. Bone marrow biopsy- negative. Jak-2 - negative. Tb gold- negative- ana- negative Feritin serum-815, iron serum - 12 Iron binding capacity- 144 % saturation- 8 vitamin b12- 169 Food intake had decreased drastically due to bitter taste in mouth and fever. Any kind person pls help, I can upload all test reports if needed.
I have split of urine Stream not eveyrime but when the bladder get empty at the time of urine end. There normal flow of urine. Is this a problem.
I have yellowish urine already had checked bilirubin test that's ok but still. Can you tell me please what is cause.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.