Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer BaligaYour feedback matters!
When ever I am eating something. I got acidity. Even after drinking water. How can I solve this problem?
I'm suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, my cbc, lft, b12 and endoscopy reports are absolutely normal. I'm taking one sompraz d40 tablet daily in the morning! Is it curable, Is it deadly or it will get increasing day by day, please reply!
He has stomach problem, Every night after he take food he said that in stomach. Once we show him to doctor. But they said it that gastric. But the pain still them.
What is the small hemangioma in right robe of liver. Is it fine or not. It found after my ultrasound.
Gall bladder is partially distended. Multiple calculi are seen in its lumen, largest measuring approx 13 mm in size. Wall thickness is increased and measures 4 to 5 mm. Impression: Cholecystitis with cholelithiasis by USG. Age 41 years female. No symptom of vomiting or stomach ache. Request suggest remedy Ranjita Das.
How can we cure recurring acute pancreatitis, If it is persistent for a very long period of time. Please refer me a way to get rid from pancreatitis. Thank you.
Diarrhea is never a pleasant experience especially for children. Thankfully, diarrhea does not last long. Loose common stools are the most recognizable symptom of diarrhea. This can often be accompanied by vomiting, nausea, cramps and dehydration. If your child also suffers from fever and weight loss or can see bloody mucus in their stool, you should contact your doctor at the earliest.
Some of the common causes of diarrhea in children are:
- Gastrointestinal infections - Viruses like rotavirus and parasites like giardia are the most common causes of diarrhea in children. This type of diarrhea can last from 5 to 14 days and can be cured with the help of laxatives and antibiotics.
- Food poisoning - Diarrhea caused by food poisoning usually lasts for not longer than 24 hours.
- Food allergies - Diarrhea is a common symptom of a food allergy. It usually stops once you stop eating whatever you are allergic to.
- Crohn's disease - This is a chronic inflammatory disease of the digestive system. With Crohn's disease, the loose stool is often accompanied by blood.
- Celiac disease - If your body cannot digest gluten, you may be suffering from Celiac disease.
Diarrhea is highly contagious. It can spread through:
- Dirty hands
- Contaminated food or water
- Direct contact with fecal matter
- Touching a contaminated surface
- Diarrhea on its own is not a very serious issue. However, it may cause dehydration which can lead to a number of further complications. Some of the signs of dehydration cased by diarrhea are dizziness, dry mouth, dark urine, dry skin and lack of energy. Thus if your child is suffering from diarrhea, give him plenty of water and lots of rest.
To protect your child against diarrhea, all you need are a few lifestyle Ensure your child washes their hands well before and after-
Caring for Your Child at Home:
- Make washing hands after using the toilet a part of toilet
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of fluids.
- Do not feed them foods that seem to trigger diarrhea.
- Wash your hands often, especially after each diaper change, to avoid spreading bacteria in the home.
- You should continue breast-feeding when your baby has diarrhea. Breast milk can help ease symptoms of diarrhea and speed up recovery.
- Continue your child's regular diet and give more liquids to replace those lost while the diarrhea continues if there are no signs of dehydration.
- Use an oral rehydration solution (ORS) to replace lost fluids in non-dehydrated children.
- Keep all bathroom surfaces clean. It is also a good idea to flush the toilet only after the lid has been lowered.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating
- Wash all utensils that have come in contact with raw meat well before using them for anything else.
- Keep all raw meats refrigerated or frozen. Once meat has been defrosted, do not freeze the raw meat again.
- Food cooked like boiled, fried or those which can be peeled e.g. boiled egg, banana, orange, boiled rice, etc. can be eaten when out of home.
- Teach your child to only drink from purified sources of water.
- Do not wash pet utensils in the same sink used for cooking vessels and food items.
- Keep an eye on what your child eats to heck if they may be allergic to anything.
I am 29 old year female, as I am already taking medicine of acidity while taking medicine all were going right but while stopping it same problem started again.
Hello, I am 18 years old boy, I have too many stomach problems like pachan Kriya Not good when I eat food after 1 hour I should go to the toilet I can't get rid of from this problem and took too many tablets but no effect pl give some solution.
I am 35 years old, from last 10 years I am suffering from severe gas and acidity after taking precautions also.What can i do?
I am concerned about my husband. Diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver in mar 2014. Since then he has bn treated with urimax. And lasix and last lactose. In between he developed an I quintal hernia for which he ws operated and now he has developed an umbilical hernia. Which is getting bigger by the day and now looking colourful and I think pussy. It has been seen by the drs and no one has suggested anything. His recent blood reports show a bilirubin slightly high. Low protein and low sodium. He is very low. Lost interest in everything. Not wanting to talk or go out and avoids being with people. What tests should he do to chk status of liver and the hernia. The sonography doesn't show up too much wrong.
Good afternoon dear, I have the problem of very bad smell from stool daily. What is reason? And what is preventive measures?
I am really underweight for my age. I do eat a lot and maintained a diet to gain weight but to no avail. I constantly find myself going to the washroom after a heavy diet. I consulted a doctor and he said maybe I have a high metabolism rate. But is there anything I can do to gain substantial weight? You know proper digestion may help along with better consumption of food. Please advise me accordingly.
Hey. yesterday when I went to washroom I found blood in my stool. Wt r the possible reasons n is dere anything to worry?
I am 39 years old male and having ulcerative colitis for last 6 years. I had two colonoscopies and was found with inflammation in lower part of intestines. I am currently taking mesalazine (4mg daily), mercaptopurine (1 mg daily) and pridnisone (5mg daily). Over the last years. My flare ups are reduced but no major change. I am looking for some help with alternate therapy or any special diet recommendations which can help to control. Thanks,
Sir, I feel hyper acidity after taking meal, heart burn. And I feel this problem from last one year. Please suggest what I do.
So I have met with Dr. Sreelatha and her staff and absolutely love them. I automatically felt comfortable from day 1 with their work and follow up care. Her wonderful care and attention to detail shone through from the first time I met her and have continued to shine even ow that I am one month post- op. With the results, I did not realize how drastically I used to look until seeing my pictures. I am thrilled to say each week continues too improve as my body heals and skin tightens up. Dr. Sreelatha and her staff were very supportive and motivating with my diet and exercise program. With their support and the results I have seen, I have fully regained my confidence in my body, see a new me in the mirror and am more motivated to work on my goals to hold on healthy weight and staying healthy. My recommendation is the program is worth it and to be mentally prepared for the big challenge.
I met Dr. Sreelatha at my dental clinic for her dental treatment. During one of her visits when I was talking about my sagging breast and was expressing my concern to correct it, she showed me few of her patient's pre op and post op pictures. I was amazed at her results. I felt I had to correct it since I am more of a public facing woman. I decided to meet her in her clinic. She explained about entire clinical procedure (laser breast reduction) and I gained confidence after talking to her. The entire procedure was under local anesthesia like she had mentioned. I had little or no discomfort at all. The entire procedure was over within 2 hours duration. I was very comfortable during and after the procedure. I could see immediate results and I walked back hoe with no pain. It is 10 days now and I feel a lot of difference and I am happy about it. On the whole if I should say, Dr. Sreelatha has an excellent hand skill and an amazing set of team members. I wish silkee clinic all the best for their future endeavors and I am thoroughly happy that I got my treatment under Dr. Sreelatha murugappan.
Dr. V****, vadapalani, chennai&nbsp;
Michael angelo saw'david' in a block of marble. Dr. Sreelatha envisions a beautiful human shape in every obese mass of human flesh she sees. She and her enthusiastic dedicated team work diligently towards sculpting a beautiful shape from the shapeless mass they are presented with. They enforce the vision of beautiful form they are working towards in the mind of the person they are working with and are with them each step of the way celebrating each small triumph towards achieving the beautiful goal. God bless them all and keep their lovely smiles on their faces always.
Almas, chennai 84
Very good people. Great service. Dr. Sreelatha is very well experienced and comforting. Will recommend to friends. A family away from home.
Margarita glenn, abu dhabi,
I am undergoing treatment to reduce abdomen and to reduce my weight. I am able to feel very light now and some reduction in my abdomen within a few days of treatment. Doctor's advice and special care has changed my lifestyle itself, food habits etc. They give appointment and follow it up on dot, so no waste of time for the patients. They have good staff nurses who do the program very patiently and they understand what is our tolerable level for the laser treatment and d o it perfectly. Doctor gives special care for all the patients and she addresses the nurses every now and then how the procedure has to be done and where the problem is. After taking treatment here. No one can go back to their pre treatment stage even after the program is over. Such care and advice is given in this clinic.
Veeraraghavan, chennai 66