Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha S.ShenoyYour feedback matters!
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but is extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in un-blocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
Grape sized lump seen on the scrotum, please let me know why it is coming and what should I do to cure from it?
I have calf and kafa (in kannada) so I have so much pain in up of stomach so can I get prescription please.
I am 36 years old married women with two kids. My life is absolutely normal but I am not interested in sex anymore however my life with my husband is going good. I am confused how to satisfy my husband as I don't want any physical relationship now. I need a permanent solution.
Hello Doctor, I am facing sneezing problem almost every day it has been since 1 month, My nose feels watery almost every morning and I go sneezing in the mornings and some times during late nights. I mostly feel sneezing when I find my nose irritating and I wiping my nose.
I am getting married soon. It's going to be a first time for both of us. What precautions/preparations/contraceptives should we take for the first time.
I am do masturbation last two years Now I am 19 I do 200 time masturbation in my all life Now I stop can my masturbation habit cause my future side effects and sex problems please suggest me.
I am suffering from multiple lipoma. Is it harmful. Please give suggestion. What should I do? Do I need to do any tests?
I am feeling very tired, painful at my backbone and stressed very much. I am having fever from 2 days. Please suggest me something so that I can be able to cure myself as soon as possible.
My husband (45 yrs) is diabetic since ten years. He takes glycomet GP1 and diabecon DS 2 times daily. His sugar never exceeds beyond 200. But his sugar goes down after 3 hours very fast upto 60. Fasting 110 PP 190 (after 2 hrs) and after 3 hrs 100 and then goes down very fast. Many times he wakes up at midnight due to hypo and sweating as well as trembling. Is he really diabetic or does he have some other disease of pancreas?
My mother had taken regestrone 5 mg to postpone her periods but she developed drowsiness, headache, pain all over the body with a day. Please take me to get out of this problem.
I am 22 years old I am suffering from piles its paining any tablets r thr except operation give me suggestion which food items I choose?
I'm 22 Years Old i'm having two Gallbladder Stone and mild fatty infiltration of liver is there any chance to clear by naturally?
What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.
There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:
1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.
This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:
1. Chemical irritants
2. Past bacterial infection
3. Dysfunctional pelvic floor muscles
4. Sexual abuse
5. Chronic anxiety
As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.
Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.
The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate. Or, you can also consult a specialist online.