Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankar Reddy C. RYour feedback matters!
I have a diabetes and I am continuously taking medicines and I am controlling my food too but still the sugar level fluctuates up and down.
I'm diabetic patient since 20 years and it is controlled stage. I'm the age of 50 years. I have one hour time to do the exercise or yoga. My question is which one is more effective/better for me i.e exercise or yoga because both may not be possible due to time concern. Kindly advise please.
I am 59 years male. Am on Olmesartan 20 mg once daily for BP, Metformin 500 mg twice daily as my HBA1C was 6.7 since Feb 2016. I am having severe fatigue with lot of tingling sensations in foot. Hence was given calcium 500 mg once daily. Now today during investigations the TSH is 5.5. HBA1C 6.2 Some Dr. say I need Thyronorm 25 mcg. Is it needed. Does this confirm that I am having Hypothyroidism. Please suggest/clarify.
I have uric acid problem created in past 3 months ago at this time now checking in uric acid levels 4.5 mg/dl level but creatine levels are increasing now 1.95 mg/dl today checking. So what should i do.
What are the serious side effects of Diabetes in our body. Why insulin Secretion by pancreas decreases over Long period of age. Why it cannot produce Sufficient insulin. When insulin deficiency Becomes fatal.
Hi Dr. I am 29 years old, I am having high diabetes last 1 year, I have tried many insulins advice by doctors, but my sugar level is not coming in control, pls advice wht should I do?
My father 50years old male he is suffering with diabetes for 5years. And recently he is attacked with brain stroke paralysis right (CVA R) how 2 control diabetes permanently. Any home remedies for controlling sugar levels. Please save my father from all health complications.
My father is suffering from blood sugar and b. P simultaneously. Please prefer a diet chart for him. And what are the symptoms of increasing blood sugar?
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.
Doctor Saab I am regular user of glycomet 250 mg tablet one after breakfast and one after night dinner. This is as per my doctors advice. Yesterday I got checked the blood sugar levels both before breakfast and after 1.5 hours after breakfast. The readings are 115 and 210 mg/do. I am walker for past 13 years for 50 minutes in brisky. I am south Indian vegetarian, in this context I would like to know the following How can I reduce these levels thru diet. If possible let me get diet chart. Is it required to increase physical activity. After walking schedule by and large being retired it's only sedentary life style. Otherwise I am active Thank you in anticipation.
Thank you for the answer of my question regarding taking BGR34 Medicine for diabetes. I haven't started any medicine till now for diabetes as this is newfound problem in me and doctor told to control it with exercise and prevention. My question now is if I start BGR34, would it be necessary to take it lifelong. If I later want to discontinue, would I be able to do it? Should I consult anyone before starting it?
I am 42 years old male I am a diabatic patient I feel so weak from last 15 days I can't do hard work and day by day I am going to be too thin. so, what should I do?
Hello doctor. Due to hyper thyroid I hd taken ayurvedic medicine till one yr. Now my course had completed. N it is in control n doctor advised me not to take any medicine n m not taking any medicine. But now I hv joined gym to reduce weight n I hv reduced 7 kg. Now problem is that I want to lose more due to heavy thies .back .n tummy. But it isn't going on. Kindly Help me in this matter. N provide diet chart if needed.
I am suffering from type 2 diabetes I am taking glynase mf medicine for 3 years. Is there any side effects from that medicine my rbs is mostly 180 to 280. Give me precautions please.
I am a diabetes patient. I have consulted a doctor. He suggested me a medicine named BIGOMET SR* 500. Is this right medicine.
Start Today.You have one Life.