Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindra Jain
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra JainYour feedback matters!
PlZvsuggest me I want to increase my weight in home kind of food. Don't want supplement available in market thanks in advance.
I want to gain weight but no method work so I want your advice on that behalf. Please answer my problem with solutions.
How to lose weight and control blood pressure and sugar and maintain weight my weight isvdaily increases whatvi should do.
I am not been able to increase my body muscles and I want to have a good figure and help me increase my muscles Please give me some advice for it.
I want to increase my weight please suggest me the food which can improve my body. I am looking thin so. Increasing weight is nothing but increasing fat n cholesterol what?
Processed foods are packaged food items which have gone through a method of preservation to increase shelf life. This includes breads and cookies, along with protein and dairy products.
The good foods -
1) pasteurized milk - although processed to make it safe, pasteurized milk is free from any additives or preservatives and hence totally safe.
2) cheese - just like milk, cheese also goes through a process during its creation. However, looking at its health benefits, it is advised to keep them in your diet. However, cheese has high content of fat and sodium, so keep a watch on the amount you intake.
3) frozen foods-- these are actually better than fresh foods stored in a refrigerator, since foods meant to be frozen are proceeded immediately to be frozen, without much of environmental exposure which can degrade the food over time, even though refrigerated.
The bad foods -
1) sugar-rich foods - store bought foods with sugar are very harmful for health. Keep foods like yogurts, pasta sauces, savory snacks etc out of your diet as much as possible.
2) frozen entrees - even if they claim to be with low calories, frozen foods are not good for health. They have too much of preservatives, fillers and sodium, with hardly any'real food.
3) store bought baked goods - pre-baked cakes, cookies and muffins are easy to buy and eat but are not healthy options at all. They have ingredients which are at times unheard of and, unhealthy. Homemade baked goods are much healthier versions.
4) condiments - bottles sauces are packed with preservatives as they need to have long shelf life. They have an overdose of salt and sugar, making them extremely harmful for your health.
5) yoghurt - is a safe and healthy food if it is not flavoured with any sweetened fruit etc. Greek yoghurt, which is low in fat and high in protein, can be considered a healthy option.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
5. Sweet potato
15. Egg white
18. Brussel sprout
21. Olive oil
23. Cottage cheese
24. Chick peas
25. Lima beans.
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.