Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra BeliYour feedback matters!
I have body pain always and my knees pain a lot, especially when I climb stairs. I am overweight. exercise worsens my pain so I have taken a break from my gym for a while Really don't know what to do. Could you please help.
I have single unprotected sexual intercourse with prostitute and then after 10 days I did a real time PCR RNA test for HIV 1 and after then I had tested several times details are below Rapid antibody test after 55 days. In lab antibody test, VDRL test, Hep B, Hep C test. CMIA test after 84 days In lab antibody test after 93 days CMIA test after 112 days All tests are negative, my question is, Am I free from HIV or I have to do some more test, I am getting depressed day by day please help me.
I have fracture in my left leg and some ligaments breakage how to cure faster as I am a football player.
When ever i eat rice, pieces of rice particles stuck at either side of my throat and they stink. I regularly remove those particles manually. Any advise / suggestion?
I have dengue fever 10 day back but now I am okay but feeling exhausted after a little physical work. Kindly suggest.
65 aged male. Numbness in hands and operation under neck spine. No improvement. After operation suffering from Gas trouble.
I am 24 years old male when I yesterday masturbated my testis were paining. Today also Little pain was there. Why it happened? I want to know.
Dear sir I am 40 yrs old. I feel my penis size has shortened and there is difficulty in erection. There is a need for another issue in our life so kindly help me. I am taking blood pressure medicine since 7_8 months i. E telmesartan active 40. Kindly reply.
I masturbate 6 to 7 in a weak. I feel very lazy and lack of concentration. Is there any side effect of it.
Hi I'm a male what should we eat or have in breakfast? Wat is the best foods or best thing to eat or have in the breakfast to keep ourselves healthy and keep our body fit and healthy and also our skin strong, glowing, fair and healthy please tell me please wat should we eat or have in breakfast in the morning?
Hello, I am 34 years old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do?
She has hard time catching sound sleep and she constantly feels upset. Could this be harmonal or is there any medication to make her feel happier in life?
I am 20 year old and recently I pulled back my penis foreskin completely but it hurts (more specifically kind of burning sense) right underneath of my penis head (the skin's end) but when I pull the skin further it getter better and it hurts less after that and I don't get that same feeling with uncovered penis head like I used to have with cover penis head and it takes around 4x or 5x time than usual to ejaculate.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.