Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranganath
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RanganathYour feedback matters!
What should be the normal resting heart rate for me? As I use to take clonazepam 0.5 mg for anxiety. And occasionally I consume alcohol and non veg.
I am having anxiety attacks since last 10 days almost everyday and every time my legs shake feel weakness in legs, heartbeat pounds very fast feel like nausea and very light headed feel like faint and can not stand properly as legs weaken kindly suggest what to do.
Hii Doctor! I am 35 years old married guy. My problem is that I like to live as a girl and mostly time many thoughts come into my mind that I have to become girl. I try to stop these type of thoughts and try to avoid crossdressing. But I release more depressed and sad. Please suggest me what is the solution of my problems.
Smoking in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am depressed for long time now I get medicines. But look like it is going more time I need a relief quickly how can I do?
I am 23 years old male guy and suffering from ocd. From 3 months I am taking medicines like sertraline still there is no change in my symptoms. Major problem is that all the times many useless religious thoughts come in my mind. So that my brain is upset all times. Sometimes it produces ghabhrat in the left side of the chest. How much it takes time to cure this problem and how to overcome this problem.
I am Eldhose from cochin, having lots of tension. And apart from that too much of depressed and lacks confident. So, how to overcome the negative energy and tension / depression.
Homeopathy was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird, but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide.
Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease, which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness. There are efficient homeopathic medicines that can work to reduce the illness, especially if treated in the early stages.
Homeopathy is a reliable path to follow because it does not have any side effects, unlike antidepressants that tend to numb people. Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines that are effective in treating depression.
- Natrum muriaticum: This homeopathic treatment is useful for mild depression or for people suffering extreme bereavement due to loss or a sudden shock.
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from postpartum depression (sadness or emotional confliction after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.