Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramya SYour feedback matters!
My 5 year old daughter has been diagnosed with Viral Warts on her face. She has warts of multiple size - some big, some small but mainly concentrated on her chin and jaw. The doctors I consulted say there is no medicine for Viral warts. But her face is looking bad because of the warts. Please can someone guide what can be done?
How to get rid of masturbation? Is it cause for a lean and low weight body. Because my age is 17 and 1/2 years and my weight is 45 kg and height is 5 feet 6 inches. Please suggest me to get rid of this bad habit and how can I get weight.
Hi. My son is 23 months old. Since he was 1 year. As sson as he drinks milk he gets pressure and does his potty.My pediatrician suggested not to give him milk. Is this really correct ?
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad
I have one child. He is 5 years old. My sister also has a baby. After watching my sister breastfeeding her baby, my son also wants breastfeeding milk from me. Please suggest how can I breastfeed my son.
Now my baby 6 month old. Now I take blood sugar level and thyroid test. Test result BLOOD GLUCOSE (F) Method: GOD-POD=113 mg/dl BLOOD GLUCOSE (PP) Method: GOD-POD= 145 mg/dl Thyroid FREE T3 Method :ECLIA=5.76 pg/ml. Ref. Val 2.38-4.37 FREE T4 Method: ECLIA = 18.68 pmol/L.Ref.val 12.40-20.40 TSH-ECLIA Method: ECLIA = 0.093 uIU/ml. Ref. Val 0.44-3.63 Pls explain this test result. Which tablet I take .doc said eltroxin 50 mg nly. And sugar tablet not prescribe.
Meri beti 3 years ki hai aur uska weight sirf 12 kg ha wo kuch bhi nahi khati hai bas thoda sa milk leti hu main kya karu uski kuch aisi medicine bataye jisse wo aur kuch bhi khane lage aur uski bhookh badh jaye.
My 2 Years old son is suffering from rickets and the doctors are saying that he has to wear shoes to improve his legs I want to know that how long time he has to wear shoes.
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
I am 30 years old. I have 15 months old baby. Hez on my feed too. Since last month there is a change in my monthly cycle. Last month it got a day before n now its 3 days before d due date. Is it normal? I was eating eggs regularly since a week.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
My baby now 3 month old she having cough and sneezing. She sneeze that time sputum coming out what I do it is any problem.
My 4 year old son is having recurring fever of 102 from yesterday ,he has cold, cough and sometimes complain of stomach ache, now after he got up from sleep he got his eyes red too. Doctor prescribed taximo and calpol, sinarest.sometimes says as vomiting feeling. What should be done next.
My 2.5 Yrs old twins are not eating good food. Just plain rice and because of that constipation problem. Stomach pain very frequent. How can I improve their immune system. They have just started schooling. They do not take dry fruits, fruits,vegetables etc ect please advise.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Can we give brown rice to a six months old baby? Can we add salt to the porridges prepared for babies?
What is baby bottle tooth caries?
Baby bottle tooth decay is caused by the frequent and long-term exposure of a child's teeth to liquids containing sugars. Among these liquids are milk, formula, fruit juice, sodas and other sweetened drinks.
The condition is associated with breastfed and bottle fed infants who have prolonged feeding habits or with children whose pacifiers are frequently dipped in honey, sugar or syrup. The sweet fluids left in the mouth while the infant is sleeping increase the chances of cavities.
Why should I be worried about baby bottle tooth decay?
Giving an infant a sugary drink at nap or nighttime is harmful because, during sleep, the flow of saliva decreases, allowing the sugary liquids to linger on the child's teeth for an extended period of time. If left untreated, decay can result, which can cause pain and infection. Severely decayed teeth may need to be extracted. If teeth are infected or lost too early due to baby bottle tooth decay, your child may develop poor eating habits, speech problems, crooked teeth and damaged adult teeth.
How can I prevent baby bottle tooth decay?
1. Never allow a child to fall asleep with a bottle containing milk, formula, juice or other sweetened liquids.
2. Clean and massage the baby's gums to help establish healthy teeth with a moistened gauze square or washcloth.
3. Brushing should begin upon eruption of the first baby tooth. When brushing a child's teeth, use a soft toothbrush and water.
4. Parents should first bring their child to the dentist when the child is between 6 and 12 months old for a checkup.
5. Decrease consumption of sugar, especially between meals.
6. Children should be weaned from the bottle as soon as they can drink from a cup, usually by their first birthday.