Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
To treat cough of my son 5 and 1/2 months, our doctor prescribed some antibiotics. Whereas I am of the opinion that antibiotics should be avoided, can I use them without any hesitation? I feel my son is too young for the antibiotics. Somebody please guide me.
Sir/mam, I have sinus problem i, m also taking best medicine but every morning after bath my sneezing starts.
What is medicine for cure the allergy asthma and in body feel coldness in few cold and when fan run on head i feel cold and allergy start.
I have problem of cough after taking meal every time this does not happened besides it please give me suggestion what should I do.
I am 25 year old girl. And I have mild TB (cold abscess), am taking treatment but my face color is turning into dark complex. i am feeling very worried about this thing please help me.
I'm 44 year teetotaler male, diagnosed with sarcoidosis last year in may. Currently not on medication for this ailment. Sleep for about 6 hrs but when I get up my whole back hurts very badly. This happened last summers also but was fine during the winters. Never had this issue prior to last year. Using a hard coir mattress.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.