Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RameshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe cough and cold. And the food I am eating is not been digested properly. Give me some prescription.
I am having mouth ulcers at regular basis. Whereas I follow balanced diet n stool is also fine. I mean i'm not having any digestive probs. please give solutions..
Hi I am 30 year old and I am getting pain in right waits upper whenever I sit down and 150 blood pressure and I am suffering acidity from two three days, let me know it will harm to kidney or other any problems. Pls get me out of this.
Meera Jigar aur pliha shayad bhad gaya ha ma kamjoor hota ja raha HU mughe proper balanced diet bAtaye aur medicine bhi.
It's about my sister. She was always weak from childhood. She is now 33 years old. For a few days her health is getting worse like she can't digest simple food or can't walk to much or always getting sleep. Please give me some advice.
I am 31 years male. I have been suffering from ulcer and breathe problem for last 5 years. What should I do/
I am getting a gurgling sound in the stomach and feel heaviness in the upper abdomen. Also experience occasional period of indigestion during which motions are not normal tending to be more semi solid. I have got liver, kidney function tests done. Nothing serious came out except some rise in bilirubin. Ultrasound also did not reveal anything. I am attending yoga classes to improve check acidity, etc.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have a problem that. Whenever I eat outside food or some spicy food, I am getting continuous vomiting (6-7 times) and loose motions. This is happening whenever I eat small quantity of food also. I am worried that Do I have any problem? Will this be cured with medicines? please suggest me.
Homeopathy has proven to be very successful in treating many digestive problems. However, certain warning signs should not be ignored. A timely medical diagnosis and opinion is important if the following occurs:
2. Sudden and severe abdominal pain
3. Abnormal loss of weight
4. Abnormality in normal bowel habits including constipation or persistent looseness
Some digestive problems and their remedies are discussed below:
1. Heartburn: This is a burning sensation that results from acid from the stomach, being squirted into the food pipe. An elevating sensation is felt from the chest to the end of the throat. Consumption of some common food and drinks like caffeine, acidic juices, alcohol, chocolate or carbonated beverages can increase the secretion of acid in the stomach. Over dosage of medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen can also cause heartburn.
- Remedy: Calcarea carbonica is widely used for relieving chronic cases of heartburn that occur mostly in people who experience cramps in the stomach and intense heartburns. Lycopodium brings relief in cases where regurgitation and heartburn occurs after small snacks.
2. Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach. It results from high stress levels, poor diets and daily need for medications.
- Remedy: Carbo vegetabilis (made from vegetable charcoal) is renowned for its capability to absorb toxins and along with Lycopodium, is recommended for digestive problems resulting from excess gas.
3. Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain, which occurs in the upper abdominal regions which is caused due to improper consumption of food and is commonly referred to as indigestion. If the condition is prolonged, a doctor must be visited.
- Remedy: Anacardium is a remedy that is useful for people who experience frequent and periodic bouts of upper abdominal pain.The remedy Argentum nitricum is suggested for people who experience Dyspepsia along with nausea. This is a pain in the upper abdominal region along with retching of mucus. Another remedy for this condition is Nux Vomica. This is suggestedfor people who are usually restless.
Treating flatulence and dyspepsia that is experienced by people after consumption of starchy and fatty foods requires Natrum carbonicum. These people cannot consume milk and often have a number of food allergies. Phosphorus is recommended for people who vomit along with their dyspepsia even though they usually crave short term solutions, like cold drinks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am suffering from stomach disorder. It has happened to me earlier when I was in college 2 years back. Basically if I am having spicy food the very next morning I am facing a problem of constipation and it disturbs me whole day. Even if the motion happens I feel burning sensation. Kindly suggest the remedy.
My sugar is fasting 126 pp 153 I feel so week and fall down on road and feel exhausted I am working women pls advise in this regard I am taking glycomet sr 500 twice.
I am age of 29 male. I am suffering from digestion problem. Can you help me. And I am increasing my weight fastly compare to previous. Now my weight is 76 kg.
Urinary Tract Infections are a group of diseases that affect one’s urinary system such as the urethra, bladder, ureters or kidneys. Women are more prone to contracting UTIs than men. They may be accompanied by symptoms such as a constant urge to urinate frequently along with a burning sensation in the concerned parts and pelvic pain. The urine may have traces of blood in it. These infections are usually treated with antibiotics.
Causes behind Urinary Tract Infection:
Urinary Tract infection generally occurs when the bacteria enter the urinary tract via the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder. Although the urinary system is structured to ward off such invaders, at times, the defense mechanism fails. In that case, the bacteria may evolve into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.
Few risk factors are:
Female anatomy: A woman’s urethra is shorter as compared to a man’s, thus lessening the distance the bacteria need to travel to the bladder. This increases the chances of UTIs in women.
Using diaphragms and spermicidal agents for birth controls
A dip in the levels of estrogen post menopause
Abnormalities in the urinary tract that hinder the discharge of urine or cause the urine to travel back into the urethra.
Enlarged prostate or kidney stones that cause the urine to be trapped in the bladder.
An impaired immune system because of diabetes and other ailments
Using catheters (tube) to urinate is one of the common risk factors because of the chances of infections.
Allowed foods in celiac disease are:
Many healthy and delicious foods are naturally gluten-free:
- Beans, seeds and nuts in their natural, unprocessed form
- Fresh eggs
- Fresh meats, fish and poultry (not breaded, batter-coated or marinated)
- Fruits and vegetables
- Most dairy products
It's important to make sure that they are not processed or mixed with gluten-containing grains, additives or preservatives. Many grains and starches can be part of a gluten-free diet, such as:
- Corn and cornmeal
- Gluten-free flours (rice, soy, corn, potato, bean)
- Hominy (corn)
Always avoid these foods with celiac:
Avoid all food and drinks containing:
- Barley (malt, malt flavoring and malt vinegar are usually made from barley)
- Triticale (a cross between wheat and rye)
Avoiding wheat can be challenging because wheat products go by numerous names. Consider the many types of wheat flour on supermarket shelves — bromated, enriched, phosphated, plain and self-rising.
Here are other wheat products to avoid:
- Durum flour
- Graham flour
- Avoid unless labeled'gluten-free'
In general, avoid the following foods unless they're labeled as gluten-free or made with corn, rice, soy or other gluten-free grain:
- Cakes and pies
- Communion wafers
- Cookies and crackers
- French fries
- Imitation meat or seafood
- Processed luncheon meats
- Salad dressings
- Sauces, including soy sauce
- Seasoned rice mixes
- Seasoned snack foods, such as potato and tortilla chips
- Self-basting poultry
- Soups and soup bases
- Vegetables in sauce
Certain grains, such as oats, can be contaminated with wheat during growing and processing stages of production. For this reason, doctors and dietitians generally recommend avoiding oats unless they are specifically labeled gluten-free.
You should also be alert for other products that you eat or that could come in contact with your mouth that may contain gluten. These include:
Food additives, such as malt flavoring, modified food starch and others
Medications and vitamins that use gluten as a binding agent.