Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh BabuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramesh Babu to be very helpful. Can I know the scientific reason behind your answer..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramesh Babu to be caring and very helpful. Thank-you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ramesh Babu to be knowledgeable. Thanks a bunch sir
Dr. Ramesh Babu provides answers that are knowledgeable. Go it sir thanks
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date.
Indigestion refers to the discomfort in your upper belly or abdomen after you have eaten your food. Indigestion in many cases has an underlying problem like gastro esophageal reflux disease, ulcers or disorders of your gall bladder. Indigestion is also known as dyspepsia in medical terms.
The causes of indigestion due to the presence of any diseases or underlying medical conditions consist of the following:
1. Problems like ulcers
2. In rare cases it could be initial symptoms of stomach cancer
3. Chronic pancreatitis
4. Thyroid disease
5. Infections in your stomach and irritable bowel syndrome
6. Pregnancy could also result in indigestion
Some of the lifestyle habits that can cause indigestion are mentioned below:
1. Excessive consumption of alcohol
2. Smoking cigarettes
3. Stress and fatigue in daily life
4. Consumption of foods with high fat content
5. Regular and excessive intake of fried and oily foods
Medications can also cause indigestion and some of those could be:
1. Steroid medications
2. Thyroid medicines
3. Certain of antibiotics in heavy doses
4. Oral contraceptives and estrogen replacement medications
5. Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen
Sometimes indigestion may not be related to the factors mentioned above and yet persist within your body. This type of indigestion is known as functional or non ulcer dyspepsia. You should contact a medical professional immediately if the symptoms of indigestion include some of the following:
1. Back pain
2. Jaw pain
3. Heavy sweating and anxiety
4. Indigestion that lasts longer than one day
5. Severe and sudden pain in the abdomen
6. Problems when you try to swallow food
7. Vomiting or presence of blood in your stool
8. Sudden loss in your weight
9. Skin and eyes turning yellow in color which is a tell tale sign of jaundice
In case your indigestion persists for too long and doesn’t respond to conventional treatment, your doctor might prescribe some of the following tests.
1. Ultra sound tests of your abdomen
2. Blood tests
3. Upper endoscopy
4. Physical examination of your digestive tract and the stomach area
5. Questions by the doctor about what symptoms you may be facing and how they are manifesting within your body
Yesterday I had sex with my girlfriend it was anal but after that my lower back is paining and I feel pain near my both sides of my buttocks please help to solve this.
Hi sir, I had a anal sex with my wife. After that I feel very pain while am going to urinate. What may the causes for it. Please give me the correct answer.
My husband likes my smell so he at night always takes a deep smell and licks it for long time. I want to know is it dangerous for his health bcoz it a situation that he cant sleep without that activity.
There are lots of benefits espoused by doctors all over the world about getting adequate sleep. Lack of sleep can have an adverse impact on your daily work life balance and health. Thus, you should never let it happen. If you sleep more than six hours a day it can have a lot of benefits, some of which are mentioned below:
1. Better health: Studies have shown that having a good night’s sleep can help your body avoid serious health problems like diabetes, obesity, heart attacks and various other cardiac problems.
2. Lesser Pain: According to research, if you have chronic or acute pain from an injury, then sleeping for more than six hours can help you get better pain relief. It has been proven in multiple studies that good sleep can be an excellent supplement to pain medications. However, being in pain can make it harder for you to sleep. You should use pain relievers in such cases which can aid sleep, but ensure that you have more than 6 hours of shut eye.
3. Lower risk of injury: If you have adequate sleep then there are chances that you won’t feel tired during the day while you are out at work. This can prevent accidents if you are driving or even within the household. Deprivation of sleep has lead to many accidents in the past and continues to do so till today.
4. Better mood: Adequate sleep can help you to stay in good mood and research has found sleep has a direct effect on regulating your emotions. This is due to the fact that sleeping for more than six hours a day can prevent you from being exhausted at work.
5. Better memory: Sleep loss can be the reason you have become forgetful. Studies have shown that your brain processes and consolidates the memories from throughout the day while you sleep. So if you don’t get enough sleep it may affect your professional life as you may tend to forget important things that you should remember.
6. Stronger immunity: Sleeping for more than six hours will give your body the strength required to fight diseases.
7. Better weight control: Lack of proper sleep can increase your weight. You would feel hungrier and would crave for high calorie foods since lack of enough sleep causes the levels of leptin to drop in the body. Leptin is the hormone, which is responsible for how satisfied you feel with food and a drop in its levels will result in you wanting to eat your more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having sleepless days. I have a BP of 150/86. I hardly sleep for 6 hours in almost 2 days. I feel lazy snd uninterested in any work.
For last 1 year I have problem of excessive sleep. Test done thyroid function test normal, blood urea 26 mg/dl Serum creatinine 0.9 md/dl normal, glucose tolerance test prolonged normal. For last 1 year I am going to sleep at 9.30 pm and wake up at 9.30 am in morning I do not feel fresh after wake up. It is hard to wake up in morning. I have mild pulmonary hypertension for last 1 year. Now my question is how to solve my problem of excessive sleep. What test to be done.
My house in rajasthan and my job in mumbai when I go to house by train. During night sleeping problem occurs. I can not sleep very well please suggest any medicine for sleeping.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Small cuts can be easily treated at your home if the chances of getting infected are low or the injury isn’t severe. You can clean and apply bandage to a small injury at your home without the need of visiting a doctor. First aid treatment is always recommended at home in all cases to prevent deterioration of a wound before you can visit a proper medical facility. Here are some of the most widely followed procedures to treat cuts and small wounds at home-
The first step in treating the cut is to stop the bleeding by applying direct pressure on the wound. You may also find many non prescription products available which you can use to stop the flow of blood. If you feel that the situation is getting worse or out of control, then get to a doctor or a medical facility as soon as possible.
The second step in treating a wound is to clean the wound to avoid any possible chances of contracting infections and to remove dirt left in the wound. You can also use tweezers to remove any pieces of external material stuck in the wound. Wash the wound with cool water to avoid dirt being leftover which can cause infections.
Avoid the use of hydrogen peroxide, mercurochrome and rubbing alcohol which can cause a lot of harm to your tissues and also increase the amount of time taken to heal. The chemicals may actually damage tissue more than promote healing or disinfect the area. Instead, keep doctor recommended products which are known to heal scar bruises and small cuts.
Stitches and staples will be required if your doctor decides to close the wound externally. Your doctor will give you instructions to follow and also inform you about the time it would take for the wound to heal. The next procedure would be to remove the stitch after the wound has settled and would again require you to visit your nearby health care provider.
You should always follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid any further injury to your affected part. Even if the injury is serious it is important that first aid is administered properly until you can reach medical help.