Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajshekhar NayakYour feedback matters!
Peptic ulcers are sores that develop in the lining of the stomach, lower esophagus, or small intestine (the duodenum), usually as a result of inflammation caused by the bacteria H. pylori, as well as from erosion from stomach acids. Peptic ulcers are a fairly common health problem.
- Heredity – Patients with peptic ulcer often have a family history of the disease, this is particularly so with duodenal ulcers which develop below the age of 20 years. The relatives of chronic ulcer patients have three times the expected number of ulcers.
- Helicobacter pylori – This is the most important etiological factor in peptic ulcer disease, accounting for 90% of duodenal ulcers and 70% of gastric ulcers. By causing gastritis it reduces the resistance of the gastric mucosa to attack be acid and pepsin and a gastric ulcer may result.
- Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) – These damage the gastric mucosal barrier and are an important etiological factor in up to 30% of gastric ulcers.
- Smoking – confers an increased risk of gastric ulcer and to a lesser extent duodenal ulcer.
- Loss of appetite
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopaths needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the pat and present medical history of the patient, his/her family history, his/her general physical and psychological characteristics etc. This hard work on the part of homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stomach Ulcers
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the best Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with radiating pains
- Nux Vomica – Highly effective among Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers where eating worsens pain
- Kali Bichromicum – One of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for ulcers in stomach
- Lycopodium Clavatum – One of the effective Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with bloated abdomen
- Carbo Veg – One of the known Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers
I was on dieting for two months roughly. N now I want to increase my diet but can't because I feel my eating capacity is gone. I can't digest heavy meal.
1. I am 43 years married male. I am having premature ejaculation during sexual intercourse. How to prolong my sexual action 2. I am having stomach ulcer for the last 15 years. Now I am having nerve problem on my tip toe. Can you help?
Should any meds be taken with pulmoclear tablets to avoid gastric or other issues or is it safe to consume on its own for cough and mucus congestion issues.
Age 50 male too much stomachache and gas formed in stomach his total bilirubin is 1.5 serum sgpt alt is 80 and serum amylase is 42 what does this reports indicate from 7 days pErson continue suffer from stomachache.
I Have fatty liver and high cholesterol level. Which I know recently when I gone through recent lab test.
He has fistula problem so much pain in ass and he is unable to do toilet please prescribe tablet and ointment for him.
Most people have experienced stomach ache at some point in their lives. People who are affected with digestive disorders suffer from reduction in the digestion potential, which leads to insufficient conversion of nutrients to usable forms. There is a wide range of stomach disorders that people suffer from, ranging from the functional disorders to irritable bowel syndromes to constipation and several others.
Functional disorders of the stomach
Functional disorders of the stomach occur when the bowel movement appears normal, yet they do not function in the proper way. It is one of the most common gastro-intestinal problems and affects the rectum and colon, including constipation. It is mainly caused due to various reasons like regular consumption of a diet containing low fibre content, not getting enough exercise, and consuming a large amount of dairy products. You are likely to suffer from functional disorders of the stomach when you are stressed or resisting the urge of a bowel movement. Some people have the tendency of consuming laxatives without following any kind of regulation, and it leads to weakening of the stomach muscles in the course of time, and gastro-intestinal issues.
Common problem of constipation
Constipation is basically the restricted bowel movement and is caused due to an insufficient amount of roughage or fibre in the diet. It causes an individual to strain while passing stools and leads to hard and small stools, and eventually causes chronic problems like fissures and haemorrhoids. You can avoid these issues by including more roughage in your diet and by exercising daily. Although laxatives can alleviate the condition, it is crucial to understand that it is not a permanent solution, and you must consult your doctor for a sustainable solution.
Getting rid of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Also referred to as spastic colon, IBS is a clinical condition where the colon muscles can contract almost instantly. There are numerous factors that can lead to this problem, such as certain medicines and foods as well as emotional stress. The most commonly seen symptoms are abdominal cramps and pains, excessive gas formation and bloating, and alterations in bowel habits. If you are suffering from IBS, then it is important to stay away from caffeine at all cost. Also monitor the foods that trigger IBS and stay away from them.
If these remedies are not able to offer a solution to your suffering, then it is crucial to speak with a doctor and seek treatment to get rid of your stomach problems.
Hai dear doctors, Kindly tell me the reasons and treatment for mouth ulcers. Yearly am getting 4 to 5 times mouth-ulcers. Please give solution to avoid mouth-ulcers for ever.
Till how long benfotiamine, inositol, mecobalamin, chromium picolinate & alpha lipoic acix stay in the body as psychiatrist had given me to manage stress and now its creating a problem in doing multiple tasks and proper concentration and what possible thing I can do to reverse the side effects as already I have stopped taking the medicine but took it for 25 days once a day: dosage-benfotiamine (150mg, mecobalamin (1500mcg, alpha lipoic acid (100mg, chromium picolinate (200mcg, inositol (150mg)
I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from boils in my anus for the past one year. It will heal itself or on medication after one week or so but keeps coming back after two months or so, a few centimeters away from the first one. It is very painful. The local Doctor prescribed an antibiotics for it FIXIME *0. I have discontinued after taking six tablets. What should I do?
I am 62 years old having highly occupied with my regular profession but having a bowl pain exactly just around two inches of naval position for a quite 3 to 4 years suffering, medicated but no cure.
Please tell me Dr. what is reason for. The fatty liver disease my wife is suffering from this Dr. have advice to live 52 for 2 months & her weight also increase what is best medicine For this kindly advice please.
My friend is 30 years old male. He is depressed all time because he is feel guilty. When he was 18- 19 years old he sleep with his mom when his mom was sleeping his hands was on her breast and abdomen. He was not in control. His mother does not know this matter. Some times he was doing it. One day he realize then he feel depressed. He is worried since last 11 years about this matter. He does not share this matter to any other friend and to his family member. Now he belongs to the deep problem. He is feeling guilty. Its effects his head is warm and ear is heat every time. Last year he goes to kolkata Moer Alo institute. Dr. take medicine Zaptra 25 mg (3 months) & counseling. But no result this medicine. His matter does not share to the doctor. So what should I do in this matter. Please reply sir/madam.
Hlo doctor, it's been more than a year, I have been suffering from anal itching after bowel movement, I consulted skin doctor and general physician three times but not got cured, now when I wipe out I feel a little hard bone like thing in my anal I'm worried about it, please help me to get cured. Thank you.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.