Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshwaraiYour feedback matters!
But for diabetic patient is this advisable? As I am 47 year old k/c/o Rheumatoid arthritis and Diabetic, taking meantime tab half twice. And also please advice me as I want to reduce my weight and belly fatt, I am 5 feet 2 inches in height and 56-57 kg kilo. Also on RA treatment.
I am 26 male, I have dots inside my left testis and have little swollen veins. Pain occurs randomly in that doted testis. What should I do Sir?
I'm 18. I am facing small hair growth at the beard area and chin part. But I do not want to grow it now. Does shaving the area grow hair thicker. please help. What should I do to remove facial hair.
Im loosing my hair very quickly. I use many shampoo but its of no use. After shower when I rub my hair with towel many hair comes on my towel please suggest me what to do?
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I want to reduce my weight 10 kg. Will you please suggest me how I will overcome to this as well as please provide me the daily food chart?
Stress is a mental condition that can be triggered by various factors like personal problems and diseases. Ayurvedic unlike many conventional treatments, has natural treatments and as such is free from side effects. There are multiple treatments in Ayurveda that can be used to treat stress, they are:
- Exercise: Exercising helps in releasing endorphins (feel good hormones) in the body. Exercises like running and swimming can help in treating stress as well as aid in burning calories and keep your weight levels in check. Exercise also helps in boosting your alertness and concentration and thus boosting your overall mental health.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to increase your intake of vitamins and antioxidants. Avoid eating non vegetarian foods as they can lead to accumulation of toxins in the body and cause problems. Include foods like nuts and dark chocolate as they are known as mood boosters. These foods also promote feelings of satiety.
- Practice relaxation techniques: You can practice relaxation techniques like meditation, which helps in calming the mind. Basic meditative techniques like focusing on your breath and practicing mindfulness are very beneficial. They also help you in de-stressing and improving your focus.
- Herbs: You may also include herbs like brahmi that has properties which can reduce stress levels in your body. It can also help in controlling anxiety and stress. It also provides the body with antioxidants that are good for the body as they help in controlling the free radical damage. Ashwagandha is yet another herb that helps in limiting levels of stress and fatigue in the body. It also improves the immune function in the body which means that you will be less prone to diseases.
- Massage therapy: You may opt for massage therapy to reduce stress levels in the body. Use a concoction of various medicated oils to massage your head and body. Massage therapy can improve blood circulation in the body and lead to lower levels of stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My weight is increasing at very alarming rate, even I am not aboe to walk properly so please suggest some tips to lose weight.
I am 24 years old, I have got gastric for last 2 months that While I have done my lunch/dinner, I get tite position in my stomach. What should I do for solve the problem?
my age is 20 year and my problem is I am having heavy hair loss and at the age of 15 my hair is very long and very thick and now it was very thin and at the top of four head my hair is losing very much so plzz help me with this problem with any home remedies and some other plz help me.
Hello, I want to ask regarding my teeth, one of my teeth in the middle become yellowish, it looks so ugly, I hv done with the Xray n Xray is fine and I never meet with an accident too, so how can I overcome from this? Like which toothpaste or brush I can use?
Hi, I’m Dr. Shashidhar. I’m a pediatric ENT consultant and I work with a hospital called Artemis in Gurgaon. I’m going to talk about the common problems in children which is cold and why it comes again and again? What is the solution for it?
It’s a very common problem nowadays with children going to day schools and play schools. At an early age and a lot of times, we’ve been told that this is because of the pollution or the allergies or infection from the surroundings but quite often we miss a very common cause of the cold which is what we call as Adenoids.
What are Adenoids?
Adenoids are small lymphoid tissue, the tissue that makes white blood cells in the body behind the back of the nodes. They are normal in children but sometimes they grow up in size. Like what you see here, like if this is the size of the adenoids, which should be there, is marked in violet, sometimes they grow, the bigger circle here the yellow in the back of the nose and block the nose. When this happens the common symptoms in children are snoring, breathing from mouth, restless sleep where the child is constantly turning this side and that side trying to get a good position in which he can breathe, some drooling and some coughing in the night.
More often than not we tend to miss Adenoids because we can’t see them directly and we tend to treat these conditions in terms of allergies, bronchitis and put the child in to nebulization and in unnecessary treatments.
What I’ve found in my own experience, that lot of the kids who have been told they have allergies and they have been told they have bronchitis have actually had Adenoids. So, if your child has reoccurring problems of sore throat, breathing difficulties and nose blocks, it’s worth getting evaluated for adenoids because the treatment of adenoids is very simple and often very gratifying. Which can be done with simple nasal sprays, saline washes and if it is a severer one it needs a surgical intervention to open up the nose.
Adenoids also cause recurrent ear infection, ear pain and sometimes they cause hearing disorder in children. It is quite difficult to evaluate such problem in children. You can only perceive it as, sometimes when you call them they don’t respond, their grades are falling in school and when they watch television they tend to raise the volume of the noise and this helps us to pick up the child to scream for the hearing problems because when you have adenoids you have a higher chance of getting ear infection and fluid inside the ear which is called otitis media, which can also be treated in the same lines. Rarely we need to put some grommets or some surgical intervention to drain the fluid out if we are not able to treat it medically.
Third problem which I wanted to discuss is Allergies in children. Aallergies in children can present in very wide spectrum. Sometimes they present only as cough, sometimes children get rashes on their skin, sometimes they can have allergies to food and recurrent diarrhea and other problems. So, allergies in children can be treated quite effetely with medicines and we have what we call as Immunotherapy to detect what the child is allergic to so we can specifically target that antigen and cure them for the long term. This now is the most gratifying and the latest treatment in allergies called Sublingual Immunotherapy.
With all these new, exciting treatments and if your child is not getting benefited by cold and cough routine treatment, you’re free to contact me at 3 Senses ENT Clinic which is in South City 2, Arcadia, Gurgaon. I’m also available at Artemis Hospitals throughout the week except on Sundays.
Thank you so much for your time.
For some reason I build a habit unintentionally to drink one whiskey nip per night before dinner (Roti & Sabji). I am 28 and getting overweight day by day. I really want to reduce my weight and have a good and healthy life but currently I can't leave my bad habit. Please guide doc.
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Menorrhagia is mostly a cause of hormonal imbalances, particularly in the levels of estrogens and progesterone.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of contraceptives
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
Taking a balanced diet not only helps in maintaining overall health also helps in curing indigestion. The right mix of carbohydrate, protein, water, fat, vitamin, salt and fiber is important for the body to function well. Apart from maintaining a healthy diet, it is also essential to refrain from food that triggers indigestion.
Here is a list of worst food for digestive health:
- Dairy Products: Dairy Products contain a protein called the casein. This protein can be highly allergic and inflammatory. Its strong insulin response can hold up fat and makes someone look fatter than his usual self. Lactose, the carbohydrate found in milk is extremely difficult to digest. If you are lactose intolerant, you should make it a point to stay away from dairy products such as kefir and yogurt to ensure smooth digestion.
- Gluten: This protein molecule is found in barley and wheat. Gluten is extremely difficult to break and has the capability to create a lot of damage. The unbroken molecules of gluten cause inflammation and bloating. People, who have GI issues, should definitely eschew gluten to ensure food digestion.
- Sugar: Patients suffering from indigestion should stay away from sugar related products such as candy, cake and crackers. Intake of sugar product increases the rate of inflammation, feeds harmful bacteria and suppresses the immune system. No wonder it is one of the worst food to consume if you are suffering from indigestion.
- Fake fats: Fake fats are extremely difficult to digest and make the cell membranes more rigid. It can also show symptoms such as cramps, loose stools and bloating.
- Gums: Guar and xanthan gum are proved to be responsible for causing colitis. People with bowel disease are strongly suggested to stay away from gums and thickeners in order to avoid indigestion.
- Soy: Soy possesses protein inhibitors. It is an enzyme that restricts digestion. The carbohydrate content of the soy does not get recognized by the GI system. This leads to bloating, cramps and gas.
- Nightshade vegetables: Vegetables such as potato, bell pepper and tomatoes contain a compound called solanine. The latter is known to be responsible for indigestion. People with a compromised GI should not consume these vegetables at all.
- Red Dye: May fast food item contain a red dye which is known to decrease the production of energy, disturb nerve signaling and is an inflammatory agent.
- Sweeteners: Fake sweeteners show GI symptoms such as bloating and gas. Replacing this with sugar is not at all a good idea since it causes indigestion over a period of time.
- Legumes and beans: Legumes and beans contain compounds called saponins and lectins respectively. They are a major cause of a leaky gut and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.