Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh T R
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh T RYour feedback matters!
Hi good evening I'm 22 years old Recently, I took a ultrasound abdomen and pelvis Conclusion:- 4 mm stone at left kidney And fatty infiltration of liver Suddenly, I got a high blood pressure Ecg is Normal Renal Doppler is also normal serum creatine is also normal My doubt is does fatty liver leads to high blood pressure My blood pressure is not getting normal while I'm taking medications also "losar-25" morning full and evening half rite now 130/90 is my b.p with medicines.
Some time I get pain in left side of chest and stomach. Mostly it's happens when I have my food n do heavy work or simply sit in any posture . Can it have some internal problems ?
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
High blood pressure is also referred to as hypertension in medical lingo. It is a condition in which a patient has high blood force striking the walls of the artery. High blood pressure is a silent killer as it can cause major damage to the heart resulting in cardiovascular diseases. Some common lifestyle changes such as refraining from alcohol, increasing the intake of potassium, cutting down iodine in the diet and regular exercise can play rich dividends in maintaining a steady blood pressure. For those who do not believe in conventional medicine, homeopathy can help to bring down the level of blood pressure. In this article, we will discuss few homeopathy medicines that has been tried and tested in countering high blood pressure:
- Belladonna- Belladonna is one of the best homeopathic medicines that is mighty effective for patients suffering from high blood pressure accompanied by frequent headaches. The pain originates from the temporal region and is more of a throbbing sensation. This leads to reddening of the face. The pain might get initiated from the heat or sudden jerk in the head etc. Vertigo is also very commonly witnessed in this type of condition. Belladonna helps to bring down the pressure and stop the onset of frequent headaches.
- Nux Vomica- This homeopathic medicine is best suited to males who are aggressive in nature and has characteristics such as nervousness, irritation, agility etc. This medicine is also prescribed to those whose hypertension has resulted from excessive liquor, caffeine, spicy food etc. For patients like these, mornings are the worst nightmares as all the symptoms get aggravated during this time of the day. Nux vomica can successfully bring down high blood pressure and normalize the symptoms mentioned above.
- Glonine- This medicine suits best for those whose face tend to turn red as blood gets congested in the face and the head. They too suffer from frequent headaches with a throbbing sensation. Patients of this group tend to feel lethargic most of the times and get easily annoyed with the least bit of opposition. It is difficult to withstand any heat around the head area for a patient of this nature. Exposure to the sun can start the pain.
- Natrum Mur- Patients of blood sugar who is in the habit of consuming too much salt and salt related products is best suited to this medicine. The eating habit has a very distinct pattern. They like to consume fried food, pickles etc. The mouth of these patients often gets dry leading to increased thrust. Asymmetric coat of the tongue is yet another symptom of this group. Natrum Mur is an ideal medicine for patients suffering from these symptoms along with high blood pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!