Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh SYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam, I have problem of cracked heel. And my hands skin is also so much dry. So please suggest me.
I am having PCOD but still bleeding heavily from past 6 months. Taking primolut-n twice a day but spotting is still there. Need to take high doses and trenexa injections daily to stop bleeding. Can send you all reports and prescriptions if required. Please help!
Mere right leg m sudden jhtka sa lagta thigh se lekar niche pair tak jab bhi me kuch der tak khada rahu ya chalte huye kuch kam karu. Please koi solution btaye.
My ten year old son is feeling pain in his ankle and few days back in knee. There is no external injury. What should we do.
I'm suffering from Urinary Tract infection since 4-5 days. It burns at end of peeing. I also had 4 norfloxacin tablets 400 mg but it didn't helped much. Firstly the irritation was at tract near penis base but now it burns near the tip or upper half of penis. Kindly prescribe some antibiotics and a pain killer for emergency.
My ears got blocked with water after swimming classes though one of the ear unblocked within an hour the other one is still blocked with water I have tried all the ways to remove water from my ears steam happen on one leg gravity etc but all in vain nothing is working. Now I tried clear wax drops clogging is still there but little bit of relief is there. Pls suggest some drops or medicine to remove this water from my ear.
Sir I am troubling by itching for almost 2 weeks and there are lost of red spot on my inner side of body please give me your valuable advice?
I am suffering from cold, fever from past eight days. Headache, pain in entire body from past 3 days.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.