Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pain Management Specialists in India. You will find Pain Management Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pain Management Specialists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Holalu
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh HolaluYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, 2 weeks back I had left leg Spain that Time I did xray for ankle to find if there is any hair line fracture or anything but did not get anything. From that day to till I did some home remedies like hot massage, omine gel and all but still there is swelling although I am able to walk but not with full swing, there is mild pain too during walk, please suggest what I need to do to get rid of this problem permanently.
I have server headache what to do I also uses many medicines. What I have to do? I am 18 years old. Boy.
What is Spinal Stenosis?
The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as Spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the antiinflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case anti depressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
I feel air bubble popping in my lower back very odd kind of sensations it's always painless bt annoying so much that I can't concentrate on other things. What is this?
Dear sir I have cold cough and headache, also I have fever chest pain so which medicine I take please tell.
Hi I am 34 year old, two months before I was suffering from viral fever, after recovery from fever, I had body pain, joints pain, specially in my knees, foot, wrist, I was not able to stand or walk so consult to two different orthopedic doctors, they get done test some blood testings for infections or rheumatic problem, reports were normal, they gave me medicine but still I have joints pain, please suggest me.
I have back bone problem on 5 & 6 no bone I have spondolizes problem from the year 2000 my back is too much paining on upper side.
Ayurveda is something which is very potent and its efficacy has been proven over the years. Arthritis is painful and has the ability to make a person feel pretty much like his or her hands are tied! However, while not much can be done to liberate a person to his or her pre-arthritis level of ease, the issue can be controlled and Ayurveda can really work wonders!
When you prefer an Ayurvedic treatment to help a person who is suffering from arthritis to experience lesser pain in his or her daily life, it is important to correct anything which may be wrong with digestion. This is because digestion, which is not optimal, leads to a situation of a build-up of ama, which is a lethal side effect of low-quality digestion.
- It is believed that correcting a person’s food intake will reduce the amount of ama one has in their body and as a result of the same, reduce the inflammation and the consequent pain which a patient of arthritis has to put up with on a daily basis.
- If a person does not suffer from other lifestyle issues such as diabetes, making the effort to fast in accordance with the guidelines which have been set out as per the Ayurveda knowledge bank can have great benefits for the problems faced due to having arthritis.
The Magic of Ayurveda!
- There is a herb known as Guggul, which is quite helpful, especially if a person is diligent about its consumption. This would mean that it be taken by him or her twice a day, along with some warm water. The dosages are small and usually range between 1 to 3 gms.
- Ayurveda is a symbol of natural solutions to the health problems of people. As a result, it is only reasonable to expect a lot of the field to be centred on lifestyle habits and more so around food, as it is true, in this case at least, that we are what we eat.
- In order to ease the pains of arthritis, it is very important to avoid oily food items and prefer a fruit diet such as apples, papayas and oranges. Tea, coffee and alcohol consumption should be kept to a bare minimum.
Arthritis is something which is frustrating, for sure. But, as long as a person is taking steps in the right direction, the issue will be a lot easier to deal with! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.