Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Lk
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev LkYour feedback matters!
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
In some cases the hcg test has been done for cancer diagnosis. Then in case of cancer what is the level of hcg.
- Tongue a freely movable muscular organ lying partly in the floor of the mouth partly on the pharynx. Its function is manipulation of food in mastication deglutition, speech articulation taste. Its surface is covered with mucous membrane. Symptoms a fungus like growth on the side or underneath the tongue. The tongue is hard there may be fissures on the tongue. The pains are like those produced by pricking of a needle extend to the throat the head. The cancer bleeds easily. Causes are obscure.
- Symptoms and signs base homeopathic medicine apply.
- Crotalus horridus 6, kalium cyanatum 3x, lemon juice 6, sempervivum tectorum 3x and other medicine apply.
Hello doctor I am 20 years old. I have I small hard lump in my underneath left thighs or tip of the groin area (little back side of left thigh close to reproductive system) and that lump is inside my skin. I showed it to a oncologist and he checked and said it as a normal nodule or neurofibroma and said me not to worry. And I want to mention my medical history I have bilateral minimal hydrocele and in left I have median raphae with normal thickness . And my question is the oncologist asked me whether one testicle or both are paining. In nervousness I said both are paining , but actually the left testicle pains sometimes . I have not gave her right information. Actually the the lump is on my left thigh and the left testicle carries pain some time. If the lump is cancerous can it be related to testicle ? Doctor please tell me what to do?
Colon cancer as indicative of the name is cancer primarily affecting the colon or the large intestine. While colon cancer is considered the third most common type of cancer affecting people worldwide, it is also one of the most preventable types of cancer, if diagnosed and treated on time.
Colon cancer does not suddenly turn malignant and life-threatening. In quite a few cases, the tumor appears benign, also known as Adenomatous Polyps. With the passage of time, the adenomatous polyps (some, if not all) progress into colon cancer. In this article, I will emphasize upon the causes and proper management of colon cancer.
What acts as the trigger for colon cancer?
Like most of the other cancer forms, the exact cause of colon cancer is hard to decipher. However, in many cases, gene mutations have been found to play a pivotal role resulting in cancer formation in the colon. The mutations, as expected, is often an inheritable trait that can be passed on to subsequent generations. The following inheritable mutations make a person as well as their immediate family more susceptible to developing colon cancer.
1. FAP or Familial Adenomatous Polyposis is characterized by the formation of many polyps within the lining of the rectum and the large intestine. These polyps though start off as a noncancerous mass of cells have the potential to develop into cancerous cells over a time period. Thus, the condition should be treated at the earliest as people (FAP left unattended) stand a near 100% risk of suffering from colon cancer before reaching 40.
2. Lynch syndrome is another inheritable medical disorder that results from the mutation in the gene that is responsible for DNA mismatch repair. With the gene unavailable for the repair, the DNA undergoes damage with deleterious consequences. Also known as Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, the condition often plays a significant role in the development of colon cancer, especially in people below 50 years.
3. Further, an unhealthy diet comprising primarily of high fat and low fiber foods can wreak havoc, with colon cancer being one of the possible consequence. Increased consumption of red meat, processed meat as well as alcohol can also act as a catalyst triggering colon cancer.
4. Obese as well as diabetic patients also stand a higher risk of suffering from colon cancer.
Management and Proper Care
As per reports, colon cancer is one of the least prevented types of cancer worldwide. There can be a myriad of factors responsible for the late detection and treatment. Proper care and management can go a long way to reduce the incidence of colon cancer.
2. People above 40 years and those with a family history of colon cancer should undergo regular health checkups and screenings.
3. Keep a check on your body weight. Drinking and smoking, if at all, should be within limits.
4. Take care of the diet. Avoid eating fatty foods on a regular basis. Consume more dietary fiber.
5. Lead an active and healthy lifestyle. Be involved in any active exercise/sports or at the minimal walking.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!