Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajani. PYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor . Actually I hv severe pain in my legs especially knees and toes . Evn I feel pain in my finger . Usually I wen I get up whenever I sleep . Not only that .i feel like my skeleton system is so weak . I feel tired n sleepy all d time . . I get depressed soon . N my face tone is different frm my body . water I apply for betterment I can c no changes . nothing is effecting . Hlp me out doctor .
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Hi, I tried quit smoking several times but failed. Need to tablet to control nicotine in blood. Please advice any method to stop
I'm 17 and I need to know if I have an anxiety disorder. I searched online my symptoms and it matched up to Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I thought I needed a 2nd opinion.
Hi I am scared of of faceing people i know. I can talk very well with strangers but not with people i know. I am super self conceous and think alot. Everybody around me dislikes me make fun of me but i try to act normal with them but it drains me out. Feeling really lost,exausted,sad,sick,mentally unstable,hear noises and now i dont get along with anyone.Please suggest me something.
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I have had this problem for a while but it seems to be getting much worse. I think it is probably due to anxiety but not sure. Whenever I lay down afternoon or at night I can hear and feel my heart beating. It feels as though there is a sledge hammer in my chest pounding back and forth. I can hear and feel every single beat. It makes it impossible to relax and rest. I am now having trouble going to sleep because of it. I am always tired. I experience body aches. I can not do physical activity long enough like my peers.
I am 21 years old girl. I love a boy of my age. N we were in a relationship for 2.6 yrs.bt he doesn't want this relationship. He dislikes me a lot. I tried to convince him but he doesn't want this relationship. So we break up. N I am trying to move on. Bt I can not. What to do to frgt hm? Btw we r not in physical relationship. N most important thing is there is no fault of mine.
Sir, I didn't do well in my cat entrance.& I just got 86 percentile. I am feeling like quiting studies. M very depressed. I do not feel like eating. Getting thinner day by day. Please help.
How can I reduce mental stress, anxiety, depression and feel refresh with full of mental energy all time?
I am drinking wheat grain scotch whiskey since I was 20 years old but now I'm 42 years and I've got addicted to it so I've started daily drinking I.e.only one pack or sometimes two. What will be its consequences and how to overcome it please guide me.
I have a gastric problem. Due to which I feel tired, inactive, fatigue and body pain. Please suggest medicine.
1. A person diagnosed with ocd, psychosis and multiple personality disorder was secretly given fludac 40 (mg) and risperidone (0.5 mg) as prescribed by the doctor. Now this doctor is stating that his case is that of psychosis and asked us to continue these medicine for 2 more weeks, after which he should be admitted. Concern is if he is admitted for rehabilitation by force, consequences can be very negative (he can turn hostile) 2. Another doctor was consulted. He suggested against admitting. However, he suggested to immediately stop the above medicines and to start with haloperidol. However, concern is won't abrupt withdrawal of fludac and risperidone cause negative repercussions and withdrawal symptoms? please suggest what should be done?
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.