Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raja Ram
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Raja RamYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years male having pain in both leg bones and it is maximum in calf. Sometimes I can't walk properly when I lie down there is no pain. B12 is 950 calcium is 8 and vitamin d is 26. I am pre-diabetic fasting sugar is107 and pp is 130 my uric acid level is always more and now it is 6.9 leg pain is since 6 months.
I am 34 years old female. I have knee pain due to partial tear of ACL and neck pain also. And I have huge deficiency of vitamin D. I am vegetarian please give me a solution to overcome this deficiency problem. Thank you.
When I go down stairs my knee pains. But when I go up no. I am involved I alot o physical activities at work and so I need my legs strong what should I do?
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 31 years old I am suffering from back pain and pain at knee. In the x-ray report it shows growth in bone.
In a accident his spinal cord damage after operation his lower part of body is not working properly.
I am 42 years old I'm suffering from severe back ache since from 3 months, pl. Tell me what can I do for that.
Hii Dr. im having an problem with my mental pressure im unable to stop masturbating and im totally addicted to porn so please can you guide me because of this im losing my memory and body power and im getting very severe back pain in downal area. So please can you please guide me how to get out it.
I am 52 years lady. My both knee became painful. Although she moves without any support. Doctors advising to go for knee replacement. But I do not want to replace at present. Some one advised me to use Braces. Please advise where such braces my bought and should use or not.
Causes, symptoms and treatment of Frozen shoulder
Hello friends! I am doctor Shekhar Srivastav a senior orthopedic consultant at Sant Parmanand hospital in Delhi. Today we will discuss a very common topic that is frozen shoulder. It is commonly seen in general population, more commonly seen in middle aged persons. Though it is seen in almost all classes of people, but it is more commonly seen in people who have diabetes, thyroid problems or if they have any heart problem.
Sometimes it is also seen after trivial trauma. It usually happens because of the capsule which surrounds the shoulder joint, it becomes stiff and inelastic.
Gradually the patient starts having pain and it also reduces the movement of the shoulder joints. Initially the patient gets pain while moving the shoulder but then gradually he can also feel the pain during the rest period. Sometimes it even disturbs the sleep. The treatment includes usually exercises and medication. Now many a times we see patients going to quacks for treatment where they forcibly move the joint and this can lead to complications such as fractures or damage to muscles and ligaments inside the joints. So this should be totally avoided. The proper treatment would be to consult an orthopedic surgeon who will give you some medication and will also send you for some supervised physiotherapy.
Exercises to stretch the stiff capsules are very essential for treatment. It usually takes two to three months to get resolved. Sometimes the stiffness is too much and it may persist for months together. If it doesn't improve with medications and exercises in that case we go for surgery. The surgery in this case is not an open surgery but it’s a key hole surgery where we make small cuts like the size of a tip of a pen. So we make few cuts behind and infront of the shoulder and through these cuts we release the capsule all around the shoulder. So the patient gets his motion and pain also decreases. But this is reserved for only those patients who don’t improve with medications and exercises. The mainstay of the treatment remains medications and exercises.
So in frozen shoulders what I would like to suggest is you should take proper treatment, you shouldn't go to quacks which may cause more damage to your shoulder joint, but instead you should consult an orthopedic surgeon. For that you can visit Lybrate to find out the appropriate orthopedic surgeon for you. Thank You.
Pairo me bhut dard hota hai ku jara bhi jyada chalne ya khade hone par pura kamar se lekar pairo tk tej dard hota hai ku.
Dear Doctors, One month ago, I suffered with a viral fever which caused sudden rise in body temperature, severe pain in hands fingers as well as in joints viz knee & ankle. I was given glucose drip with combination of pain killers post which the pain subsided. But even till date, I experience the same pain which increases or decreases. Please help?
I have severe headache and neck pain and pins and needles in my arms and legs what could this be I feel awful?
Hello my father having hip joint pain and knee pain. Due to this he can not sit for long time and he feels sensation like an ants are running in his leg. In morning there is some sound appears like tak tak. When he walks or on stairs his knee gets swelling and pain get rise. Please help me.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.