Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi this is naresh. My age is 23. weight 50kg only I want improve my weight. Tell me some thing tips. I don, t want medicines. Only normally improves.
How to gain weight easily because according to my age, my weight is very less (46) so please guide and suggest some diet for same.
I have headache problem for last two weeks what should I do and I am very thin. please tell me how will I gain weight?
I am taking anti-depressant (escitalopram-oxalate) since last 16 month and now i am having side effects like fatigue, lazyness, low sex desire and erectile dysfunction. And now I want to withdraw that medication. So suggest me the way to to stop that medication and recover its side effects. Thanks in advance.
Hi, There are so many MULTI VITAMINS in market like ON, REVITAL, etc. I was using MUSCLE BLAZE vitamins, kindly suggest me cheap and best multivitamins. I am regularly going gym from 3 years. I don't smoke, drink. Age: 30, weight - 80kg.
• Eat calcium-rich foods
• Consider a calcium supplement
• Get enough vitamin D
• Exercise regularly
• Avoid smoking and excessive drinking of alcohol