Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
Baby boy 3.5 months old had his 3rd DTaP vaccine yesterday. Previous 2 doses were painless ones. Baby didn't get fever at all. Is it okay? Does it mean that the Baby is not producing enough antibodies to fight? Please clarify my doubt! Thank you.
My 3 months old baby sounds like cold from his nose especially during crying. I have consulted doctor and they said it ok. Then what is the reason? Please suggest.
I had 2 deliveries for both of them water was less but now I am carrying 3rd it is 8th month and baby moment is good enough does that mean there is no water problem this time. Thanks.
I have a baby boy who is 52 days old he at times cries inconsolably and demands feed after every hf hr to one hour. Is this normal.
My grandson, aged 2 years and 3 months now is struggling to speak except for words like Papa, Bike, Car, Horse. He is not speaking words with'M' including Mama. What should we do?
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Hello Doctors, My Son born on 10th APR-2016 with weight of 1.96 Kg with 34 Weeks 6 Days as Late Pre Term and from that day onwards we used to feed him both DBF PRE-NAN and the same PRE-NAN still we are continuing with 30 ml every 2 hrs other than the DBF. So my question here is that, is it ok to continue with PRE-NAN or something else need to change? Because now my kid is with 38 Weeks 3 Days. Kindly suggest. Thanks.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.